HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

DDLand

higher quality, plus another from instagram!
View attachment 416130
source: https://www.instagram.com/edobisuketto/

69875938_191469655213576_8586946902572470409_n.jpg

source: https://www.instagram.com/lnhuen/
I don't get it. SB castle is scaled to be a whole castle. The new castle shrinks it down by wrecking the forced perspective. It seems like a clean build would have been easier and looked better. Is their any reason they kept the original castle there beyond trying to be cute? Has there been any explanation by the designers talking about why they preserved the original? I kind of view it as a desecration, but even outside of that, I'm not sure it looks good...

ParkPeeker

I don't get it. SB castle is scaled to be a whole castle. The new castle shrinks it down by wrecking the forced perspective. It seems like a clean build would have been easier and looked better. Is their any reason they kept the original castle there beyond trying to be cute? Has there been any explanation by the designers talking about why they preserved the original? I kind of view it as a desecration, but even outside of that, I'm not sure it looks good...
The new castle keeps the smaller proportions of the original castle. It shrinks sbc down purely by it's actual size, not by going against the forced perspective proportions sbc has.

I think hong kong dlers have an attachment to sb castle, which is, maybe, one of the reasons it was kept. Maybe also because their fantasyland was built around sbc, and it would've been harder to do a completely new castle? Money reasons too? Who knows. In any case, I don't view it as desecration because it's Hong Kong's castle, not Anaheim's.

halbjobri

cheezbat

Hate hate HATE the blues on the rooftops. Very clashing and it really makes the old Sleeping Beauty castle stick out. Paint it all the more reddish color of the other roof and turrets...then it’ll blend.

IMDREW

Hate hate HATE the blues on the rooftops. Very clashing and it really makes the old Sleeping Beauty castle stick out. Paint it all the more reddish color of the other roof and turrets...then it’ll blend.
I thought so too at first, but the more photos I see of it, the more I like it. Especially when the large roofs on the sides will be the same shade it will blend more. Check these photos;

cheezbat

I thought so too at first, but the more photos I see of it, the more I like it. Especially when the large roofs on the sides will be the same shade it will blend more. Check these photos;

View attachment 416793View attachment 416794View attachment 416795
Maybe final product will be good...but I just look at this castle and it’s such a chaotic mess. It looks better than the original concept artwork, but it just has so much going on and so many colors and it just lacks what made the original Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella Castles so great.

brihow

I think it has the same vibe as Mystic Manor. Eclectic and colorful. Even though its not done yet, I like where it's headed for its location. Hong Kong isn't the US and I think this will give the park a nice icon that makes it unique. Just IMHO.
I think this is the best justification of the design - it is absolutely a castle version of Mystic Manor. Good eye :)

MagicHK

There are some new satellite images posted online. One may now see clearly the track layout of the hkdl version of FEA.

I am starting to think the FEA pre-show and queue area will take place at the Arendelle castle area (right of the track) so the guest will be loading and unloading at the area between the mountain and castle to start their journey.

Also, the coaster building is not small at all comparing to the FEA building and surely have some immersive indoor scenes.

It seems the railroad track is demolished to make way for a wider entrance to Arendelle

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom