Star Wars Rise of the Resistance Discussion

Phroobar

I'm trying to watch a horror movie a day in October. I'll have to add that to my list!
I hear it is just as confusing and poorly directed as Manos the Hands of Fate.

torgo-grope.gif

truecoat

Hey, that Galaxy's Edge special is on Hulu. I know what I'm watching tonight. ;)

You can see Kaley Couco in two different t-shirts it looked like she pulled out of her gym bag. Looks like it was a rough night for Kaley.

You can hear an imagineer telling her after the fact via voice-over from what must be his office computer the date Rise of the Resistance opens.

You can see the Rey character take a bunch of kids on an immersively embarrassing quest.

I didn't watch the whole thing otherwise this list might need it's own thread. It was a poor production to say the least.

Darkbeer1

First off, there is no way to know if Bob Iger actually did fully ride 100% of the RotR.

But in reality, the opening date for RotR at Disneyland was decided by the Marketing folks.

They wanted to get past the VERY popular Christmas Season and its possible Sold Out days in late December, early January.

The choice was Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday weekend, partially to get some guaranteed large crowds, plus to allow ads to run for the first couple of weeks in January, in a time frame that other parks tend to not heavily advertise.

So when the ride geeks said we can be ready to open in December, but not 100% sure due to Cal DOSH, the decision was made to wait until January.

And sine WDW doesn't have the Christmas impact Anaheim does, Orlando decides to open when the ride geeks say they are ready....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom