Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure is open

BrerJon

It's a bit of both, and also to account for potential breakdowns, but it's common practice. They've really been doing this since it opened.

Last week the wait was always posted as either 120 or 180 minutes, but the only time it ever got close was when there were weather delays or technical issues. I found when the ride is running smoothly and there's no weather problems, the wait was only about 90 minutes in the regular line and about 60 in single rider (which lets you skip the more boring parts of the queue and takes you directly to the final room).

Nj4mwc

So does anyone have a good layman’s explanation of how the drop part of hagrid’s coaster works. We rode it a couple weeks ago and my wife is in amazement on how the drop happens

AndyMagic

Looks like another delayed opening according to the app. I would assume the low crowd levels puts less pressure on getting the ride open with the park.

Tom Morrow

So at at least as early as 4:40 PM yesterday, Hagrid’s was listed as “at capacity” on the app. The park closed at 8:00 pm. That's over three hours before park close even though it’s averaging more like 75 minute waits now. All the other rides had a low/walkon to moderate wait.

That's pretty ridiculous I’m starting to suspect they’re trying to artificially create demand/scarcity. It's been 3.5 months now. Time to stop making people gamble on whether or not they’ll actually get to queue up. Like, seriously, I won't care if they decide on closing it one hour before park closing as long as they tell people beforehand when the line is going to close.

raven

So at at least as early as 4:40 PM yesterday, Hagrid’s was listed as “at capacity” on the app. The park closed at 8:00 pm. That's over three hours before park close even though it’s averaging more like 75 minute waits now. All the other rides had a low/walkon to moderate wait.

That's pretty ridiculous I’m starting to suspect they’re trying to artificially create demand/scarcity. It's been 3.5 months now. Time to stop making people gamble on whether or not they’ll actually get to queue up. Like, seriously, I won't care if they decide on closing it one hour before park closing as long as they tell people beforehand when the line is going to close.
But did you ride it?

cheezbat

You can’t always go by the app.

My last visit there, it said ‘at Capacity a good 2 hours before park close....but guess what? The ride said 75 minutes and the line was still open. I did single rider and got on in about 25 minutes.

Tom Morrow

You can’t always go by the app.

My last visit there, it said ‘at Capacity a good 2 hours before park close....but guess what? The ride said 75 minutes and the line was still open. I did single rider and got on in about 25 minutes.
Well, that's still crappy. Why lie? Why can't they just decide on a hard closing time?

avenger1138

I visited at the end of August and found all the posted wait times to be wildly off. A posted 2 hour wait was around 45 minutes.

Additionally, having the single ride line so far up in the queue was insane to me, as well as not having the ability to know if it was taking single riders or not (despite everyone working the attraction wearing a headset).

That said we greatly enjoyed the ride, it was really fun. The big creature in the hut looked bad...but that was about the only nitpick.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
People seem to defending Universal by saying the wait for Hagrid isn't as bad as the wildly inaccurate posted times would have one think.

That's not much of a defense of Universal.

Can we talk, then, about the failure that is wildly inaccurate posted wait times? ;)

Now, I'm not anti-Hagrid, just saying that this isn't clearing Universal of all charges.

RobWDW1971

People seem to defending Universal by saying the wait for Hagrid isn't as bad as the wildly inaccurate posted times would have one think.

Can we talk, then, about the failure that is wildly inaccurate posted wait times? ;)

Now, I'm not anti-Hagrid, just saying that this isn't clearing Universal of all charges.

Harry Potter Lands: Great land and rides. Terrible queue time management.

SWGE: Terrible land and ride. Great queue time management.

One has FOMO one has...um...well...HONDO!

Last edited:

Rich Brownn

They're taking into account possible downtimes. Its a case of under promise and over deliver. If there's a delay and it turns out to be the wait time, everyone is ok with it. If there's a delay but still get on earlier, everyone is happy. If there's no delay and everyone gets on very quickly, everyone is very very happy.

This way one one gets upset.

Tom Morrow

I just want to know what time the line will be closed. It's horrible guest service to make guests gamble on whether or not they will be able to queue up.

I don't care about the overposting, although posting more than double what it actually is to account for downtimes that might happen is kind of ridiculous too and certainly comes across as trying to make the ride seem more popular than it is. Every ride you ever queue up for might go down, and typically they make announcements informing you of the delay.

Last edited:

JT3000

Totally missed the point. Good day.

No, I don't think I did, otherwise you wouldn't be so concerned with who is or isn't defending Universal, and I'd see you lobby this same complaint elsewhere on the forums as well, but I have not.

Has the discussion/trial been cancelled? 🥺

Last edited:

OG Runner

Sure. Will we be discussing all the parks who are guilty of this, or are we arbitrarily singling out Universal? I'd just like some clarification before we get started.

I thought this particular discussion is about Hagrid's. Nothing arbitrary about discussing the unusual posted wait times, that upon
examination do not appear to be providing accurate information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom