All things Universal Studios Hollywood

PiratesMansion

Weird to have a maze based off a comedy but it’s a nice looking maze. I like the Slimer effect.

Personally I find Ghostbusters neither funny nor scary. It's one of those movies that everyone loves but I genuinely don't get, nor do I understand the hype. And yes, I am talking about the original. After not getting that one I'm certainly not going after the sequel or the remake.

But I'm sure it'll be cool for the legions of fans to have a maze based off of one of their favorites.

Phroobar

killer-klowns-from-outer-space-maze-at-hhn-2019-logo-header-1181092-1280x0.jpeg

Rich T

Personally I find Ghostbusters neither funny nor scary. It's one of those movies that everyone loves but I genuinely don't get, nor do I understand the hype. And yes, I am talking about the original. ...
I saw Ghostbusters opening day in 1984, and loved it because it was exactly the kind of movie I'd always wanted to see: A big special effects extravaganza that didn't take itself seriously. At the time Murray and Akroyd were big names and their brand of humor was comfortable and familiar from SNL. People had never seen anything like Ghostbusters; words cannot describe how funny the Marshmallow Man scene was to everyone back then when no one knew it was coming; I have never heard a crowd laugh so hard, and I personally was laughing so much I couldn't breath for a moment. Great cast. Great Concept. Clever screenplay. Unique.

But, for me, the film doesn't hold up particularly well to repeat viewings. Most of the laughs only work the first time, the characters aren't very likable, and it's visually kind of ugly. And Bill Murray really does seem to just walk through the film completely detached from everything around him. It worked incredibly well back in '84. Not so much today. Now we've seen a million special effects comedies and the novelty isn't there anymore. Ghostbusters is a classic, but it's a film of its time that relied a lot on simply being something fresh.

Phroobar

I saw Ghostbusters opening day in 1984, and loved it because it was exactly the kind of movie I'd always wanted to see: A big special effects extravaganza that didn't take itself seriously. At the time Murray and Akroyd were big names and their brand of humor was comfortable and familiar from SNL. People had never seen anything like Ghostbusters; words cannot describe how funny the Marshmallow Man scene was to everyone back then when no one knew it was coming; I have never heard a crowd laugh so hard, and I personally was laughing so much I couldn't breath for a moment. Great cast. Great Concept. Clever screenplay. Unique.

But, for me, the film doesn't hold up particularly well to repeat viewings. Most of the laughs only work the first time, the characters aren't very likable, and it's visually kind of ugly. And Bill Murray really does seem to just walk through the film completely detached from everything around him. It worked incredibly well back in '84. Not so much today. Now we've seen a million special effects comedies and the novelty isn't there anymore. Ghostbusters is a classic, but it's a film of its time that relied a lot on simply being something fresh.
It's even worse when it's an all female cast that can't decide if it's a remake or a parody of the original.

I want to see the original Ghostbusters made into a movie:

Phroobar

Yah if you look at current construction I can’t imagine it will take 3 more years to finish. It looks like just 1 ride, probably a shop and QS restaurant and not really a full fledged Nintendoland.
It took Disney four years to give us a ride, bar and two shops. Oh, and one broken ride. Universal is faster so it probably will be two years and the ride will work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom