Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

Timothy_Q

The festival lovers are partly to blame for what is coming. Who needs attractions in the former communicore/innoventions areas, when its only purpose is to provide a pathway from SSE to WS aka EatDrinkShopWhoNeedsStupidAttractionsVille.
Who's to blame is Disney for not properly maintaining and expanding Epcot for a couple decades, and eventually being able to get guests to conform to the idea that Epcot was made solely for seasonal events.

WDW guests got used to the idea that parks don't need more than 10 rides because Disney made it so

michmousefan

I understand & appreciate the symbolism of "different waters from all around the world" combining together into the fountain (that sentiment needed now more than ever), but remember that there are molecules of water from all of the world's bodies of water right there in that cup of water on your desk right now...

Wouldn't surprise me if when the Moana Water Journey is opened they resurrect that same dedication scheme.
....aaand there you go. Water "recycling!"

skimbob

Thanks everyone for sharing photos. It looks like they are working on this in earnest so maybe the buildings will be demolished fairly quickly. What they should do first is wipe out the fountain of nations since it is the easiest thing to demo while they are gutting the buildings. Obviously the plumbing for the fountain will be pretty involved but if they got it all the way removed maybe they could put something in that area temporarily like lawn and bring down the walls so there would be better guest flow short term. It is also interesting to see what they have accomplished already with the fountain and the planter in front of Spaceship Earth. It looks like if they wanted they could have that whole walled in area reimagined in a month. If I am understanding the renderings it looks like the current walled area is going to be mostly planters, walkways and the reimagined fountain.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Thanks everyone for sharing photos. It looks like they are working on this in earnest so maybe the buildings will be demolished fairly quickly. What they should do first is wipe out the fountain of nations since it is the easiest thing to demo while they are gutting the buildings. Obviously the plumbing for the fountain will be pretty involved but if they got it all the way removed maybe they could put something in that area temporarily like lawn and bring down the walls so there would be better guest flow short term. It is also interesting to see what they have accomplished already with the fountain and the planter in front of Spaceship Earth. It looks like if they wanted they could have that whole walled in area reimagined in a month. If I am understanding the renderings it looks like the current walled area is going to be mostly planters, walkways and the reimagined fountain.
The fountain is also linked to the small utilidoor system in that area that extends across into communicore/ Innoventions west building. There is likely a lot of work to do down there before demolition can begin without disrupting the balance of the system.

trainplane3

What are the chances that pieces of the demolished Fountain of Nations will be put up for sale like pieces of the Berlin Wall were when it was demolished? @realBobChapek New Revenue Source?
$5 (or should I say $18.99) says they'll do this:
pin63692

I'm still waiting for a UoE pin to come out...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom