Trip Report **COMPLETED** The 4 M's Go To Disney: a Birthday Extravaganza

Me: I'm not going to write trip reports
Also me : butttttt....I really like writing them :hilarious:

I swear I did not intend on writing this. I did not even take notes or that many photos but...I do enjoy writing them so here we go. Definitely less photos than I usually take so sorry!

Who?
The 4 M's as Max calls us :)
My sister Betta (her name is Elizabeth we call her Betta - to Max it's Mom (obviously) that's one M), Me (Megan), Max, and my Mom (Mary)
466638886.jpeg

Where?
The Contemporary - our first time staying in the Garden Wing/View buildings or whatever they are called

When?
September 12-15, 2019

Why?
It was my sister's Birthday. If you read my last TR you would know she called us while on that trip and asked us to join her on a last minute Birthday trip :)

September 12, 2019
Max and Betta left from Rochester and on an earlier flight so it was just my Mom and I heading down from Buffalo.
We both had to work so quickly packed up when we got home and headed to the airport.
Traffic was light and the airport was pretty quiet so we made our way quickly through checking our luggage and security.
Here is me with my nerdy folder with our confirmation numbers :hilarious:
file-156.jpg

Then we stopped for some dinner at Anchor Bar in the airport.
The airport may have been quiet but literally everyone was at the Anchor Bar I swear. It was packed.
We shared boneless wings and fries :)
FnL%OTBKQ8KcNNFLetXUZQ.jpg

g3TZcjLLS36cIXKDZ1mk8g.jpg

file-157.jpg

After our dinner we headed to our gate
IMG_6269.JPG

In typical leaving in the evening fashion our flight was delayed because of Baltimore. Literally - they can not get their act together I swear. They left late and that was our plane. :banghead:
IMG_6272.JPG

So we killed time by taking our usual dates photos :hilarious:
DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

Next up: short post to finish up Day 1

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
Eventually we boarded our plane. SW tried to say we would board at 6:00 but the plane didn't land until 5:55 so we ended up being about 40 minutes delayed getting on the plane.
VSyDCAtWSdm0s53+vutL+Q.jpg

KRH+iJ+PR0O2CM%5hFRDcQ.jpg

We actually made up for a lot of lost time in the air and only ended up 12 minutes late. Not too bad.
We headed to the fonorail
DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

Since it was later we grabbed our luggage just so we wouldn't have to wait for it in the room.
Then we headed to the Magical Express.
We got right on!
Sleepy selfie
file-158.jpg

We of course waited a bit on the bus but eventually left. Our driver literally sped so fast and we took the weirdest way ever and we got on property in 20 minutes. It was nuts!!
The first stop was Fort Wilderness and we were second. We dragged our suitcases ALL the way to our room - literally felt so far away. :hilarious:
Max and Betta were sound asleep by the time we got to the room so we quietly unpacked a few things and got off to bed around 11

Next up: Day 2

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 September 13, 2019
We got up around 7 and got ready for the day.
It felt like it took forever to get ready but I think it was partly because we never unpacked the night before :)
We needed to change our credit cards so we stopped at the desk first. Cool Galaxy's Edge sign !
IMG_6286.JPG

We headed to Contempo Cafe and grabbed some breakfast to go before heading to the monorail.
Breakfast on the monorail!
IMG_6287.JPG

file-159.jpg

We just had some croissants and Max had a chocolate muffin :)
DSC_0047.JPG

Epcot!
DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

file-160.jpg

We decided to rope drop Test Track
DSC_0054.JPG

IMG_6290.JPG

Next up: more Test Track

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
We practically walked right into the design studio.
Max and I made a car
DSC_0055.JPG

And my Mom and Betta made one
DSC_0056.JPG

When we were done with our car we essentially walked right on the ride. There was barely any wait it was awesome! We ended up waiting less than 10 minutes total with designing the car!
Our ride photo did not show up :confused:
When we got off it was listed as a 30 minute wait but you could tell there was still barely any line so we went on again.
DSC_0060.JPG
DSC_0061.JPG

This time we waited like 15 minutes it was awesome!
IMG_6294.JPG
IMG_6297.JPG
518995282.jpeg

DSC_0065.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
After Test Track we stopped to get our AP magnets (I didn't take a photo apparently) then I popped into Mouse Gear. I got my sister Halloween ears for a Birthday surprise and I got Max a vampire Mickey :)
file-165.jpg

Next up was Spaceship Earth for our first FP :)
fullsizeoutput_3d44.jpeg

DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_0076.JPG

I got new ears after this - the Arendelle blue ears. I'm a sucker for new ears :joyfull:
Squinty photo of them...(also from the parking lot later in the day haha).
IMG_6301.JPG

Max kept asking to meet Mickey so we decided to see what the line for Character Spot looked like. There was barely anyone in there. Maybe no one could find the new one :joyfull: In all actuality its super close to the old one. I just think the park crowd level was very low :)
519067890.jpeg

519067876.jpeg

519068372.jpeg

519068860.jpeg

519069085.jpeg

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
519069741.jpeg

519073869.jpeg

519073848.jpeg

Our next FP was for the Seas so we headed there
DSC_0080.JPG

Max really wanted his photo taken with the sharks mouth :) Correction: he kept saying "not the shark's mouth - BRUCE'S mouth :joyfull: )
DSC_0089.JPG

We decided to skip our last FP and we headed out of the park. I got real lazy and did not feel like dealing with the monorail so I got us a Minnie Van :hilarious:
file-166.jpg

My Mom takes the BEST photos :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
file-167.jpg

Max did not want his photo taken with the van :hilarious:
file-168.jpg

IMG_6303.JPG

Next up: break time!

krisri18

Day 2 continued
View attachment 411242
View attachment 411243
View attachment 411244
Our next FP was for the Seas so we headed there
View attachment 411245
Max really wanted his photo taken with the sharks mouth :) Correction: he kept saying "not the shark's mouth - BRUCE'S mouth :joyfull: )
View attachment 411247
We decided to skip our last FP and we headed out of the park. I got real lazy and did not feel like dealing with the monorail so I got us a Minnie Van :hilarious:
View attachment 411250
My Mom takes the BEST photos :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
View attachment 411251
Max did not want his photo taken with the van :hilarious:
View attachment 411252
View attachment 411253

Next up: break time!
New (temporary?) Character Spot has way better lighting! And that background mural is much prettier!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom