runDisney Star Wars Events

Chet Dakota

Themes announced for 2020 races. I want to see the design for the magicband.

Love the X-Wing vs TIE. Classic.

Darth Vader vs Yoda? Huh? Vader never faced Yoda. In fact, they never saw each other. Ever.

Maybe it should be Emperor vs Yoda (Ep3). Vader vs Obi-Wan makes more sense.

Maul vs Ashoka? Meh...ok, I guess.

Sometimes, I really wonder what these people at rD are thinking and who makes these final decisions.

HiJe

Love the X-Wing vs TIE. Classic.

Darth Vader vs Yoda? Huh? Vader never faced Yoda. In fact, they never saw each other. Ever.

Maybe it should be Emperor vs Yoda (Ep3). Vader vs Obi-Wan makes more sense.

Maul vs Ashoka? Meh...ok, I guess.

Sometimes, I really wonder what these people at rD are thinking and who makes these final decisions.

I was kind of hoping for a Anakin vs. The Younglings medal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HiJe

Registration seems to still be open for all of the races a week after it opened to everyone. I'm guessing this will mean it may be less attended than last year? Or am I wrong?

None of the races are sold out for this one yet. Am I the only person running this race? If so, can I just ride a bike?

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
None of the races are sold out for this one yet. Am I the only person running this race? If so, can I just ride a bike?
It’s finally happened, the 10k is now sold out, glad I was able to snag my spots in the three races the morning the AP registration opened up in early-July 😉 (still wasn’t fast enough to get a magic band somehow)

37A4F41C-9606-4ADC-8FE3-B3DA85E2603D.png

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
2020 medals released. No Falcon for the Kessel? 😠

View attachment 430512
Great find! Looks like they switched it out for the cockpit view, a la Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, someone in Parks must’ve gotten in there and demanded synergy!! [2021 change to Smugglers Run Challenge CONFIRMED!!! 😜].

I do really like the looks of the two half medals and the set overall (although maybe not super pumped about the 5k, although feeling a little better that I’m guessing we can flip it to the Darth Maul side vs the character I’m not familiar with).

Edit: found the other side of a few of them on the No Guilt site:
414EE026-D327-46F6-9CFE-1E9F370434DA.jpeg
5D79B3BC-01B8-4976-A006-5FA080CD2729.jpeg
AAEB1146-CFFF-4E14-9D34-D304A466434D.jpeg
024C4C2B-7DAC-4659-88A8-CD03AE253271.jpeg

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Great find! Looks like they switched it out for the cockpit view, a la Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, someone in Parks must’ve gotten in there and demanded synergy!! [2021 change to Smugglers Run Challenge CONFIRMED!!! 😜].

I do really like the looks of the two half medals and the set overall (although maybe not super pumped about the 5k, although feeling a little better that I’m guessing we can flip it to the Darth Maul side vs the character I’m not familiar with).

Edit: found the other side of a few of them on the No Guilt site:
View attachment 430556View attachment 430557View attachment 430558View attachment 430559

I wouldn't be surprised if runDisney changed the name of the challenge next year. That will tick off the Anaheim racers.

Figment82

I like the half design - much better than recent years. The emphasized call out of the 5 years is a nice touch. The kids race medallions are adorable!

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
those aren't bad. Here's to hoping that A - I'm living in Florida by April and B - the race/challenge is still open.

Edit: as of right now the 10k is the only one sold out

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom