Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

Timothy_Q

See the sketch I posted. There were other options. But they chose the easy one.
Actual question, not trying to be sarcastic.

How is demoing half of CC and redoing all of it the easy option?
Why did they not choose to reuse the current buildings. To me that seems like the easier and cheaper option

What was the deciding factor on this?

flynnibus

Premium Member
See the sketch I posted. There were other options. But they chose the easy one.

Yes but lack of ideas wasn’t what held this space back for nearly 25 years... just because there was alternatives I don’t think that dooms all other paths.

And frankly the sketch isn’t that appealing to me either. Feels like much of the same. I for one am bored out of skull with the attempts and ideas floated trying to fit within those walls for the last 30 yrs.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes but lack of ideas wasn’t what held this space back for nearly 25 years... just because there was alternatives I don’t think that dooms all other paths.

And frankly the sketch isn’t that appealing to me either. Feels like much of the same. I for one am bored out of skull with the attempts and ideas floated trying to fit within those walls for the last 30 yrs.
I’m happy for you. I tend to disagree. But hey.

Enjoy your bar on stilts.

Timothy_Q

Where’s the creativity? Where’s the context? Where’s the underlying theme?
None of those things are (or have been) present at Epcot for a couple decades, for sure.

I just don't understand why they would choose the more expensive option for this project.
That rarely has been the case for recent projects

flynnibus

Premium Member
I’m happy for you. I tend to disagree. But hey.

Enjoy your bar on stilts.

I won’t be... just like I have zero interests in their drinking “festivals” now... but that doesn’t make me want innoventions any more than I did before. The idea of permanent festivals has been on the cusp of this place for nearly a decade. The concrete shells weren’t the white knight that would fight that off.

I just want opportunity for future change. Once they’ve blown themselves out the idea of charging people $100/day to goto paid home and garden shows

Timothy_Q

The hotel version was most expensive.
Then the version I drew.
Then the one we’re getting.
The cheapest was the clear everything plan.
Why is demoing and rebuilding cheaper than just reusing CC in this scenario?
My brain doesn't comprehend that part

I was under the impression they only demo'd half of CC because they didn't get the budget approved to demo the whole thing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom