Toto, I have a feeling we aren’t in Hollywood Studios anymore..

Heppenheimer

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I just don’t think Hollywood is worth celebrating as a theme. The physical area of Hollywood is actually very rundown, and peoples’ idea of Hollywood has soured over the years. While there are some stars who are very good people, I think Hollywood as a whole is basically a sect of morally-depraved egomaniacs and pompous idiots. I can’t think of many people in Hollywood I would want my kids looking to as a role model.

So if we’re going to be forced to have a Hollywood-themed theme park, it should just be similar to Universal... IP-based rides and lands that have us step into the movies we enjoy.
"I suppose next you'll try to convince me that Harvey Weinstein is actually a horrible, sexist pig", said Rip Van Winkle.

aladdin2007

Studios (sadly) is becoming a dumping ground for them to throw whatever they want, wherever they want. Same could be said for Epcot really...But in terms of studios as it is, cohesive themes that once were are being erased. Just look at the stores, one by one being downgraded to barren flat un-themed spaces (though this is happening all over property), and I doubt the restaurants like Brown Derby and others we like there so much are going to last in the long run. At some point, those will become something different all together too. What gets me is you would think star wars, toy story, frozen, beauty and the beast, and moana were all they had to work with....they are already becoming over used, just very short sighted but thats Disney company/management today. They are so worried about not selling a tie in plush or themed drink that heaven forbid they lose a sale from something not tied to one of those properties. And those things are fine but not when they are the prime focus, it never use to be about that, now its all they care about.

Last edited:

smile

well, you wouldn't be if cinemagine hadn't got laughed out the room

tenor.gif

Wendy Pleakley

Studios was getting to the point where the park was embarrassing. By next year it will have four new high quality attractions and might actually warrant a full day visit.

I personally would not have closed GMR, but overall the changes seem good and the park is still adhering to a consistent theme (as opposed to the mish mash of things that is Future World in Epcot).

Benjamin_Nicholas

Much like the park with the “golf ball”, which has and is continually being strayed furthur away from its original vision, the Hollywood that never was has now deformed itself as the Hollywood that currently is. With the new addition of ‘Toys That Come To Life and Have Stories’ Land paired like a grotesque zombie-like sandwich with ‘Burning Ball of Gas In The Sky That Has Battles’ Land, it’s no question that the vision of the largest hidden mickey park has been a-skewed. Unquestionably, it is only going to get more unrecognizable in the coming years. We now turn our heads away from the glitz and glamor of old hollywood and take our places in the seats of the aluminum bird, and also transcend new heights and swoop under bridges held together by an assortment of toys. How did we ever come to this?

I don't get this post.

You cannot change it, so either stop going or accept what is.

Raineman

So many edgy, toxic Disney theme park fandom posts on here now, so hard to just keep on scrolling-but I'm getting better at it. If I just stick with the occasional, marginally passive-aggressive replies, I think I'll be OK. :D

NickMaio

But why? I mean, other than to appease yourself.

If you're a shareholder, you might have some real voice.
Because the nature of an internet forum is expression...............that's why.
I mean come on...... how many "vote for your favourite", threads can you honestly read.

Thank you to people posting honest opinions and experiences about our WDW. Some people are listening.

NickMaio

So many edgy, toxic Disney theme park fandom posts on here now, so hard to just keep on scrolling-but I'm getting better at it. If I just stick with the occasional, marginally passive-aggressive replies, I think I'll be OK. :D
Edgy...toxic or not......
Share people, even if and when we don't agree.
It makes for a great forum.

OSX

Original Poster
Studios (sadly) is becoming a dumping ground for them to throw whatever they want, wherever they want. Same could be said for Epcot really...But in terms of studios as it is, cohesive themes that once were are being erased. Just look at the stores, one by one being downgraded to barren flat un-themed spaces (though this is happening all over property), and I doubt the restaurants like Brown Derby and others we like there so much are going to last in the long run. At some point, those will become something different all together too. What gets me is you would think star wars, toy story, frozen, beauty and the beast, and moana were all they had to work with....they are already becoming over used, just very short sighted but thats Disney company/management today. They are so worried about not selling a tie in plush or themed drink that heaven forbid they lose a sale from something not tied to one of those properties. And those things are fine but not when they are the prime focus, it never use to be about that, now its all they care about.
So true

OSX

Original Poster
I don't get this post.

You cannot change it, so either stop going or accept what is.
It’s a more of a “take a step back and reflect on how did we get here” sort of thing. We, as guests, play vital roles when we visit these breathtaking theme parks. When you know the direction a park like Once Upon A Time In Hollywood Studios is going, it often helps to look back at its past and ultimately discover what it’s initial promise was to better understand why it’s heading in the direction it’s going.

Nottamus

Change is definitely generational. When i was a kid were endless commercials of these "Old Wild West' towns with shoot out shows daily. Man that looked cool to me. Of course it was the 70's and old wild west things were more relevant (TV wise) then.

A show or land like that wouldn't work now because no one really makes westerns anymore. They do, just not a dominant type of film.

Things have to change to keep up with the generations. My opinion, anyway.

I see two types of people:

Those who hate and rant when Disney DOESN'T change things, and there's the same old, same old
&
Those who hate and rant when they DO change.

one is always going to lose

Last edited:

JustAFan

I see two types of people:

Those who hate and rant when Disney DOESN'T change things, ans there's the same old, same old
&
Those who hate and rant when they DO change.

one is always going to lose
There's a third: those that know they won't always get their way and realize change is inevitable so why waste time griping about things I know I can't change.

I think that might be something you check on your census form next year.

Wendy Pleakley

Why do people feel that an inability to mandate changes, means we shouldn't discuss things we dislike?

I'm not under any delusion that I can change Disney's mind on things. I'm still happy to discuss the pros and cons of things, that's just normal discussion.

No different than discussing what one liked and disliked when walking out of a movie. It doesn't mean I think they should re-shoot the film to my liking, I'm just, you know, discussing it.

JustAFan

Why do people feel that an inability to mandate changes, means we shouldn't discuss things we dislike?

I'm not under any delusion that I can change Disney's mind on things. I'm still happy to discuss the pros and cons of things, that's just normal discussion.

No different than discussing what one liked and disliked when walking out of a movie. It doesn't mean I think they should re-shoot the film to my liking, I'm just, you know, discussing it.
If you're subtly referring to my post, I don't at all think that. I believe opinions should be shared. Ideas should be discussed. I do, however, think Nottamus was close in segmenting the population between the complainers of change and complainers of no change. I simply stated there is a 3rd segment of people that are good with change. That doesn't mean that the other 2 groups shouldn't share their thoughts, as long as they are done civilly. Sorry if I misled you.

Wendy Pleakley

If you're subtly referring to my post, I don't at all think that. I believe opinions should be shared. Ideas should be discussed. I do, however, think Nottamus was close in segmenting the population between the complainers of change and complainers of no change. I simply stated there is a 3rd segment of people that are good with change. That doesn't mean that the other 2 groups shouldn't share their thoughts, as long as they are done civilly. Sorry if I misled you.

I was referring to an attitude/feeling that seemed to be present in several posts (and is often expressed in general, across many threads). If I was responding to you in particular I would have quoted your post.

If we only discussed things we have the power to change, that would leave most people with very little to talk about.

PixarPerfect

I've often wondered why Hollywood Studios isn't more obviously in sync with the Disney live-action films. Don't get me wrong, Star Wars is amazing, but what about the other movies? Like have a fixed museum with the movie props like Herbie or the Witch Mountain purse or even the documentaries all the way to present-day. Or a fixed costume museum? I'd visit it.

I remember seeing smaller snippets here and there (including the animation story, which I love), but haven't seen these things in a larger collection that can be visited again and again. Maybe it was in the beginning and I missed it?

Heppenheimer

I've often wondered why Hollywood Studios isn't more obviously in sync with the Disney live-action films. Don't get me wrong, Star Wars is amazing, but what about the other movies? Like have a fixed museum with the movie props like Herbie or the Witch Mountain purse or even the documentaries all the way to present-day. Or a fixed costume museum? I'd visit it.

I remember seeing smaller snippets here and there (including the animation story, which I love), but haven't seen these things in a larger collection that can be visited again and again. Maybe it was in the beginning and I missed it?
The backlot tour featured a lot of old movie props, both on the motorized and ambulatory portions. The rapidly diminishing popularity of this attraction within the first few years of the park opening probably at least partially explains why nothing like this exists today, other than Star Wars Launch Bay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom