News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

rsm

You have a sleazy Rodian ‘carnie’ barking at younglings to ride his spinner cobbled together from broken land speeders and Podracers.

ThistleMae

I'm following in here and on the Dis forums. Overall, most people have multiple criticisms of the land. I'm not a star wars fan but I do want to visit the new land, if for nothing else to experience the atmosphere. Hardly anyone has said the ride is amazing. So....I shall reserve my critique until November but I have to say I can't lower my expectations any further.

SSG

It's a simple answer, really. You get rid of the 'you're in Batuu' concept and put in a spinner.
Yes. But I don't think Disney is ready to take that step. They will want to see if episode 9 is well received and creates more interest, and if RotR is the great ride we're hoping for. If not, it wouldn't be surprising if Batuu is converted to Star Wars land.

SirWillow

Why can't we be shooting TIE fighters in an epic space battle again?

Maybe it's just me, but if I was in a space battle shooting at TIE fighters, I'd rather be flying an X-wing. But it would be hard for them to do a solo simulator. May have something similar happen with RoR though. We'll see

mickEblu

Over on the WDW ROTR thread....

Latest word I have from a few days ago is that TDO is now expecting to have to announce a delay for the opening, but they're holding off on the announcement so as to not damage potential holiday resort bookings. Things continue to go poorly at both construction sites, the budget continues to balloon beyond requirements, and TDA is frankly in freak-out mode because September attendance is continuing to be abysmal even with APs unlocked. DHS data is beginning to settle in, and MFSR is regularly being outperformed in riders and queue times by Slinky Dog AND RnRC after 1:00 pm.

Reshoots are continuing for Episode 9 until October. Post production will go right down to the wire. Top executives at Disney have gotten involved with JJ and have given specific, direct orders to make certain changes in an attempt to bolster the entire franchise. Rian Johnson was given official notice by Disney that he is no longer to confirm he is making any future trilogy or working on any future movies. He was given the ability to be ambiguous about it, but no more confirmations per Disney legal. Essentially, he's a dead man walking when it comes to ever working with Star Wars again.

Mac Tonight

Wait... are you telling me that Rise of the Resistance is still having issues and might be delayed further?!?!?!

source.gif

Last edited:

SSG

The delay may just be for WDW. Maybe?
Yeah hopefully. With the delay being so long already, I figured booking 5 weeks past the scheduled opening would be OK. And I wanted to avoid the spring break nonsense in March & April. Ah, well, open or delayed, I expect we'll enjoy ourselves, like always.

mickEblu

I woke up today on the 4th day of anti-inflammation diet in a good mood and have to say I think I’ve been a little too harsh on the Falcon. I mean that literally. Just a “little.” I think we re underselling just a tad how cool it is to be able to steer a simulator of that caliber. With that said, I still think this attraction has given us the first ever multi ticket classification attraction. I really don’t think you can call anything but one of the two pilot roles an E ticket experience. Of course I still wish it had a little more movement. When ROTR opens the perception on MFSR will change a little but IF they build a coaster in addition to opening ROTR that changes everything perception a ton. Still need the streetmosphere and all that. And I’m not talking about Rey and Chewie staring at the X wing pretending to do something.

mickEblu

Yeah hopefully. With the delay being so long already, I figured booking 5 weeks past the scheduled opening would be OK. And I wanted to avoid the spring break nonsense in March & April. Ah, well, open or delayed, I expect we'll enjoy ourselves, like always.

I think that it ll be open. Unless they rush things to open it prematurely and it breaks down for another period of time after opening.

I also think that it’s more of a priority to get it open at WDW for the holidays. If they can’t get DLs open in time does it really matter in sleepy January? Aside from the little bit of embarrassment.

Mac Tonight

I woke up today on the 4th day of anti-inflammation diet in a good mood and have to say I think I’ve been a little too harsh on the Falcon. I mean that literally. Just a “little.” I think we re underselling just a tad how cool it is to be able to steer a simulator of that caliber. With that said, I still think this attraction has given us the first ever multi ticket classification attraction. I really don’t think you can call anything but one of the two pilot roles an E ticket experience. Of course I still wish it had a little more movement. When ROTR opens the perception on MFSR will change a little but IF they build a coaster in addition to opening ROTR that changes everything perception a ton. Still need the streetmosphere and all that. And I’m not talking about Rey and Chewie staring at the X wing pretending to do something.
Out of curiousity... what does an anti-inflammation diet consist of?

SSG

Youtube's algorithm steers me to Disneyland videos. Recently one titled Rey and Chewie in GE pops up. I watch as they halfheartedly tinker with a fighter for a few minutes, before the video ends. That's it; that's the video. I'm expecting Rey takes Chewie to the groomers next.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom