Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Mike S

Most would still agree is was a quick fix to DCA, it was placed badly, and the Facade and Queue don't hold a candle to the original version. Vastly inferior is subjective. Does it have the 5th Dimension Room? No. Does it have a faster paced narrative that focuses more on the ghost story and less on TV show elements? Yep. Does it contain new effects and thrills? Yep.

If the 5th Dimension room was well utilized and the transition to the drop shaft was less awkward at DHS, I might agree that DCA's improvements doesn't outweigh what it lost, but DHS's 5th Dimension Room is not well executed. Aside from moving horizontally and the star-field effect at the end, its really clunky. The transition into the drop shaft is also problematic with it taking a good 5-10 seconds while the car bumps and jostles itself into position, the temperature change lets us know we exited the show area, and the lack of dynamic audio while all this occurs. Having been on the DCA version, I was surprised how much that 5th Dimension Room sequence kills the momentum when revisiting the original Tower. That, the breaking window, and the unload sequence take the attraction down a few notches for me. DCA fixed those issues.
I enjoy the narrative in Florida better. It’s like listening to a full song rather than the cut down single version (yes I listen to old rock songs to know that’s a thing lol).

D.Silentu

No apology necessary. When are we not sidetracking?
Yes, as usual. A side effect of us having run out of news now that we have properly dissected everything to come out of D23. Tower Of Terror is a really interesting case of varying fan esteem. It's well possible that it wasn't around long enough for people to really get a handle on their feelings about it. However downgraded it may have been, it's worth remembering that it was the first sincere effort to aid DCA. Furthermore, by a wide margin it was far and away the park's best attraction for almost a decade. The comparisons can't be helped, but there may just be some cosmic irony in the fact that DCA's first upgrade seems to have also been the starting line for the steps backward the park is taking. For my part, I really enjoyed Tower but I do feel that both it, and to a greater degree Guardians, felt a bit undercooked.

Professortango1

I enjoy the narrative in Florida better. It’s like listening to a full song rather than the cut down single version (yes I listen to old rock songs to know that’s a thing lol).

I'd like it if it were set in a TV studio. It doesn't make sense to me why Rod Serling keeps talking about us entering the show and seeing imagery from the show throughout the ride. The DCA version uses Serling as a framing device, but the story is focused on the ghost story of the hotel rather than a haunted hotel which transports us into a TV show about a haunted hotel. But different strokes. Some people like Zepplin, others like the Beatles.

Mike S

I'd like it if it were set in a TV studio. It doesn't make sense to me why Rod Serling keeps talking about us entering the show and seeing imagery from the show throughout the ride. The DCA version uses Serling as a framing device, but the story is focused on the ghost story of the hotel rather than a haunted hotel which transports us into a TV show about a haunted hotel. But different strokes. Some people like Zepplin, others like the Beatles.
I like both.

And the imagery is there because it’s associated with The Twilight Zone IP.

TROR

Some are right, some are wrong.

I'll say it. The Beatles are a boy band for teenager girls. If you're a grown man listening to the Beatles, you may as well be a grown man listening to One Direction. Come at me, y'all! I'll stand my ground firm on this!

Last edited:

Mike S

I'll say it. The Beatles are a boy band for teenager girls. If you're a grown man listening to the Beatles, you may as well be a grown man listening to One Direction. Come at me, y'all! I'll stand my grown firm on this!
I got no shame. I’ve listened to plenty of boy bands thanks to my sister and 3 girl cousins I’m close with while growing up. I even like some songs.

giphy.gif

SuddenStorm

I'll say it. The Beatles are a boy band for teenager girls. If you're a grown man listening to the Beatles, you may as well be a grown man listening to One Direction. Come at me, y'all! I'll stand my ground firm on this!

Comparing the Beatles to One Direction is like saying Disneyland is the same as Six Flags. Sure, they're both amusement parks but everything else is very different.

Sharon&Susan

If there’s ever another Twilight Zone ride (anywhere), I want it to focus more on the weird and (somewhat) cheesy elements such as aliens in Forbidden Planet clothes, Monsters that look just above Halloween costume standards, maybe even have the ride vehicle talk about how much it wants to kill you!

Lightning and Ghosts aren’t going to cut it next time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Hey, kids, are you afraid of lightning?

<kids shake heads yes>

And are you afraid of ghosts?

<kids shake heads yes>

How about if I were to tell you... LIGHTNING CAUSES GHOSTS!!!

<kids shriek and run away>

<mutters to self> I *told* them it didn't need to make sense!!

DrAlice

Did you really just compare the Beatles' entire body of work with One Direction?!?!?!?!?! LOL....

Dude, you are entitled to your opinion, but I seriously can't stop laughing......

If you're trolling, well then I say, well played, sir. Well played.

*still laughing*

shortstop

Taking the bait... but listen to anything Rubber Soul onwards and try to say that again with a straight face.

mickEblu

If there’s ever another Twilight Zone ride (anywhere), I want it to focus more on the weird and (somewhat) cheesy elements such as aliens in Forbidden Planet clothes, Monsters that look just above Halloween costume standards, maybe even have the ride vehicle talk about how much it wants to kill you!

Lol you sir get a like for that “ride vehicle talk about how much it wants to kill you” foment. Genius.

lazyboy97o

Some are right, some are wrong and others are just deranged lunatics.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

There was a Twilight Zone ride, it was replaced with a tacky overlay

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom