Rant about HS fastpass system.

mguimond1990

I do not for the life of me understand why they made the changes they did to the FP tiers and rules at Hollywood Studios. At any other park after you use all your original FP you can choose new ones. Example: Yesterday I had a FP for flight of passage, while in that line I got a new FP for Navi river journey, did that ride then got a FP for Everest. All done thru the app. It was great. Today at HS we had a FP for TSM and we were in the park for 4 hours and could not choose another tier 1 FP. All that could be chosen was tier 2 even though times were still available for tier 1 rides. It’s infuriating.

bUU

You have to choose three FPs, and must reach the beginning of the third FP return time, before you can choose a fourth FP with the tier-related restrictions set aside. That's the way it has always worked for me.

Upvote 0

mguimond1990

Original Poster
You have to choose three FPs, and must reach the beginning of the third FP return time, before you can choose a fourth FP with the tier-related restrictions set aside. That's the way it has always worked for me.
Have you tried this since galaxys edge opened? Cuz they changed the FP structure a couple weeks ago.

Upvote 0

drizgirl

I do not for the life of me understand why they made the changes they did to the FP tiers and rules at Hollywood Studios. At any other park after you use all your original FP you can choose new ones. Example: Yesterday I had a FP for flight of passage, while in that line I got a new FP for Navi river journey, did that ride then got a FP for Everest. All done thru the app. It was great. Today at HS we had a FP for TSM and we were in the park for 4 hours and could not choose another tier 1 FP. All that could be chosen was tier 2 even though times were still available for tier 1 rides. It’s infuriating.
Had you used your 2 second tier fastpasses?

Upvote 0

m steve

They sure do set the rules. Just last year, I was able to Fastpass Slinky, ToT and RnRC because the latter two attractions were tier 2. Now we're going to be stuck in standby lines for two of those attractions... at Christmas time. Great. I've been complaining to guest relations for the past few weeks and encourage everyone to do the same. Maybe that will help...

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member

Sounds like you hadn’t used two tier2 FPs. In a tiered park you must use one tier1 FP and two tier2 FPs before making subsequent ones, one at a time.

Those rules have not changed. What changed was what was in tier1. Which are all the rides bar Star Tours.

Why they changed the tiers:

1) To let all the expected extra guests at DHS to get at least one FP for a ride, instead of being shut out.

2) To increase the chance that people will see the benefit of paying for FPs in the future.

Upvote 0

bUU

Have you tried this since galaxys edge opened? Cuz they changed the FP structure a couple weeks ago.
It's not clear to me from what you wrote in the OP that you had already used three FPs before you tried for a second Tier 1 FP.

If you had actually used three FPs already, and you still couldn't reserve a Tier 1 FP that other guests were able to reserve at the time (in other words, there were FPs left to reserve), then yes that's different than what I've experienced.

Upvote 0

bUU

They sure do set the rules. Just last year, I was able to Fastpass Slinky, ToT and RnRC because the latter two attractions were tier 2. Now we're going to be stuck in standby lines for two of those attractions... at Christmas time. Great. I've been complaining to guest relations for the past few weeks and encourage everyone to do the same. Maybe that will help...
I think the quandary you're in is that there are just as many, if not more, guests complaining to Disney that they cannot get FPs for E-ticket attractions (at all) because by the time they can reserve them other guests have already reserved them all. In addition, there are many guests complaining to Disney that the standby queues are too long. So Disney takes those three different complaints and analyze how to please the most guests the most, and this tiered system is the result (along with, perhaps, with higher ticket prices, since all three complaints indicate that Disney's been underselling themselves).

Upvote 0

Janir

Sounds like you hadn’t used two tier2 FPs. In a tiered park you must use one tier1 FP and two tier2 FPs before making subsequent ones, one at a time.

Those rules have not changed. What changed was what was in tier1. Which are all the rides bar Star Tours.

Why they changed the tiers:

1) To let all the expected extra guests at DHS to get at least one FP for a ride, instead of being shut out.

2) To increase the chance that people will see the benefit of paying for FPs in the future.
3) They have a ton of resort guests expecting to be able to get fast passes for major attractions in DHS. They are running out of supply of those fast passes so add more attractions as a tier 1 to get more FP 'capacity' for on site resort guests to book with.

Upvote 0

mguimond1990

Original Poster
It's not clear to me from what you wrote in the OP that you had already used three FPs before you tried for a second Tier 1 FP.

If you had actually used three FPs already, and you still couldn't reserve a Tier 1 FP that other guests were able to reserve at the time (in other words, there were FPs left to reserve), then yes that's different than what I've experienced.

So I think I understand the problem now..I did not make 3 FP selections for HS (mainly because after star tours nothing else in tier 2 is of interest to me). I only chose two FP for the day..TSM and Star Tours. That must have been why I had such luck at Animal Kingdom, because i had already used 3 FP earlier that day at another park? It’s still a shame that you can’t choose another tier one FP after using your first one.

Upvote 0

drizgirl

So I think I understand the problem now..I did not make 3 FP selections for HS (mainly because after star tours nothing else in tier 2 is of interest to me). I only chose two FP for the day..TSM and Star Tours. That must have been why I had such luck at Animal Kingdom, because i had already used 3 FP earlier that day at another park? It’s still a shame that you can’t choose another tier one FP after using your first one.
Some people go as far as to make the other two then go to the attractions and scan through but not actually stay. You’re right that it is a ridiculous system.

Upvote 0

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member

There's also this thread:

Maybe post there too. It's only me there right now, which is kinda embarassing! 😁

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom