News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Texas84

That would be awesome! Or even better Animeland! Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Attack on Titan. Maybe better for Tokyo Disneyland.
1265408.jpg
!
culture.jpg

truecoat

From the WDW RotR thread: 3rd attraction rumor. This one is for you, @TROR !
Almost certainly an indoor coaster. This is more needed in DLR than in DHS (as in attraction portfolio needs, not number of attractions), but it would be difficult to imagine building one for DLR and not one for DHS. However, consider that a 250 million investment (500 million total) would be done for only two reasons: 1) if capacity were in an issue, and 2) if the area is internally deemed to be failing its goals by late January / early February. I think more likely in the short term is that they rework the land to include OT characters and stories.

Great, an X-Wing coaster where we have to rob a bank.

TROR

I don’t think adding some OT characters will fix the issue. People are missing the fun so I say bring on the coaster. A SWL where the Falcon is just the third attraction behind a Mega E and thrilling coaster would completely change most people’s perception of the land.
Definitely agree. I'll have more fun flying in my own X-Wing, no matter the era, than I would being told by Han Solo that I can pilot his ship.

SSG

A coaster would go a long way , but I wonder how thrilling it would be? Both MF and RotR have height requirements and a complaint I hear a lot is there's so little for small kids to do. Wouldn't Disney be more likely to build something tame?

mickEblu

A coaster would go a long way , but I wonder how thrilling it would be? Both MF and RotR have height requirements and a complaint I hear a lot is there's so little for small kids to do. Wouldn't Disney be more likely to build something tame?

I’d imagine that it would at least by as thrilling as Space Mountain but probably more thrilling because it’s hard to imagine a purpose built Star Wars coaster not being a launch coaster. What do people want for kids in SWL? My three year old can already ride the Falcon. With that said, I haven’t put him on it because of the seating arrangement.

SSG

I’d imagine that it would at least by as thrilling as Space Mountain but probably more thrilling because it’s hard to imagine a purpose built Star Wars coaster not being a launch coaster. What do people want for kids in SWL? My three year old can already ride the Falcon. With that said, I haven’t put him on it because of the seating arrangement.
Not having kids, I don't know what would be good for them. But my fear is Disney goes the Bugs Land route like when they got complaints about DCA not having enough in it for small kids. I don't know how you put in a small spinner or the like and keep the 'you're in Batuu' conceit going.

TP2000

Not having kids, I don't know what would be good for them. But my fear is Disney goes the Bugs Land route like when they got complaints about DCA not having enough in it for small kids. I don't know how you put in a small spinner or the like and keep the 'you're in Batuu' conceit going.

As a willingly childless adult, I'm also stumped at what 21st century kids want, aside from Hershey bars on my front porch on October 31st.

That C Ticket elephant ride thing that Chapek cut from the land early in his Parks career seemed clever and fun, but I'm not sure that's what kids want. Do they? Anyone who has chosen to have kids in their life want to weigh in on if the cancelled C Ticket concept? Would that have helped?

mickEblu

Yeah I agree. A spinner is not the answer.

Although I’d lie if I said I didn’t find Bugs Land more charming than SWL.

DanielBB8

Best guess is what’s selling and not selling. Like I said many times, Batuu is unfamiliar. Sell something they know. How hard is that? Star Wars is an IP, but they did the exact opposite with it. They turned it into an original creation that many Disney fans would otherwise accept, but Star Wars fans reject. Two opposing approaches are in conflict and both can’t win.

TROR

It's a simple answer, really. You get rid of the 'you're in Batuu' concept and put in a spinner.

Last edited:

BrianLo

That C Ticket elephant ride thing that Chapek cut from the land early in his Parks career seemed clever and fun, but I'm not sure that's what kids want. Do they? Anyone who has chosen to have kids in their life want to weigh in on if the cancelled C Ticket concept? Would that have helped?

Based on the imagineering video, I'm actually not confident the height requirements would have been better.

Infact they might have been worse with the way that thing swayed.

I think RoTR is perfectly "for everyone". I realize it has a height requirement that precludes toddlers only. Frankly there comes a point when rides aren't really for everyone, a toddler is probably having a miserable time on Haunted mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean too, even if they can get on them.

RobWDW1971

Millennial Falcon is totally for kids. It's a video game.

With someone shouting commands at you the entire time.

Now every time I ride it all I can do is focus on it until it becomes self-parody - "Gunners do this!!!" "Engineers fix this!!!". "Left pilot do that!!! "Something about canisters!!!"

Why can't we be shooting TIE fighters in an epic space battle again?

They included an actual iconic Star Wars element in the land with the Falcon and then went out of their way to make it still seem disconnected and remove any emotional attachment.

So it's now just one of Hondo's many ships he uses for stealing and you're piloting it to steal stuff for him. Uh, OK. That's not exactly my Millennium Falcon dream come true.

Whatever, I'll just ride Hyperspace Mountain again and have Star Wars music blasting before, during, and as I exit in a totally non-immersive way with a smile on my face.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom