Delivery to Disney Hotel From Savi's Workshop & Droid Depot

PixarPerfect

Original Poster
Hi. We're debating whether or not we should sign up for Savi's Workshop and Droid Depot during an upcoming trip and wondered if the "purchase in the park, shipped to your room" plan holds true in Galaxy's Edge? Aside from the obvious price vs. value debate, we're worried about lugging a droid around all day or protecting expensive lightsabers while still in the park.

Has anyone had their purchases delivered to their rooms from Galaxy's Edge? If so, how long did it take (is it same day or next)? We're pushing that part of the visit toward the end of our trip. If it helps, we'll be at the Contemporary.

Thank you!

JIMINYCR

They usually get packages delivered the next day, usually showing up later in the afternoon. They no longer deliver them to your room, you must pick the packages up yourself, in the gift shop of the resort. Check to see where your packages would be delivered to the Contemp. You will be asked when youre checking out of the resort because they will not do this service if you are checking out the next day. We find having more expensive souvenirs sent home (although there is a delivery charge) works better in cases when the item is fragile and could break when traveling home, because Disney will replace items broken when shipped.
Another option is having the items sent to the front of the park to be picked up as you leave.

PixarPerfect

Original Poster
Thank you! I had not realized they could be sent to the front of the park in addition to the hotel. Shipping them is another good idea... if we could handle the wait, lol. You've given me great options. :)

reptar77

We had our saber from the pass holder preview shipped home. The blade was damaged and we are in the waiting period of 2-4 weeks to see what Disney is going to do. They just put the saber and the sleeve you get in a box with no padding, make sure you ask for them to pad the box if you have them ship it.

PixarPerfect

Original Poster
Oh dear, that's a broken saber alright! That would frustrate the heck out of me.

Can they be dismantled? If we do go through with it, I'd probably bring a large hard-side suitcase with padding. We have one we use to move wine when we travel.

dreamfinder912

The blades are replaceable. They're even sold in one of the stores at varying lengths for the "legacy" sabers. I actually don't even store my assembled. I leave the blade in it's little pool noodle bag and have the hilt on display.

Raineman

They usually get packages delivered the next day, usually showing up later in the afternoon. They no longer deliver them to your room, you must pick the packages up yourself, in the gift shop of the resort. Check to see where your packages would be delivered to the Contemp. You will be asked when youre checking out of the resort because they will not do this service if you are checking out the next day. We find having more expensive souvenirs sent home (although there is a delivery charge) works better in cases when the item is fragile and could break when traveling home, because Disney will replace items broken when shipped.
Another option is having the items sent to the front of the park to be picked up as you leave.
For the front of the park pickup, do you know how long they stay open after park closing? I've always used the next day resort delivery method, but if I can pick it up on my way out, it would save me a trip to the pickup desk at the resort.

JIMINYCR

We had our saber from the pass holder preview shipped home. The blade was damaged and we are in the waiting period of 2-4 weeks to see what Disney is going to do. They just put the saber and the sleeve you get in a box with no padding, make sure you ask for them to pad the box if you have them ship it.
View attachment 408923
WOW... I've NEVER had an item shipped home that wasnt overly packed with wrappings that secured the item. Usually I'm frustrated unpacking all the fill and paper to get to my item. Disney does back up items they ship if broken.

For the front of the park pickup, do you know how long they stay open after park closing? I've always used the next day resort delivery method, but if I can pick it up on my way out, it would save me a trip to the pickup desk at the resort.
I'm not sure how late, we more often get things sent back to our resort. When weve picked up items at the exit its been open as we leave with the crowds. You could check with guest services when you enter the park.

reptar77

Oh dear, that's a broken saber alright! That would frustrate the heck out of me.

Can they be dismantled? If we do go through with it, I'd probably bring a large hard-side suitcase with padding. We have one we use to move wine when we travel.
You can dismantle it but the blade is rather long. I don't know if it would fit in a large suitcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom