Trip Report **COMPLETED** It's My Mom's Birthday and We Will Stay DVC If We Want To

Hello everyone!
We just got back from the World on Saturday night so it's time to start my Trip Report!

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and myself Megan
IMG_2148.JPG

Where?
The Beach Club Villas! It was our first DVC stay (hence the title) and we loved it!
DSC_0016.JPG

When?
August 9-17, 2019

Why?
Also as the title indicates it was my Mom's Birthday!

Day 1 August 9, 2019
We stayed at a hotel across from the airport the night before since our flight was pretty early and it was cheaper than parking my car at the airport. Plus it was Southwest Points :) So, we got ourselves out of bed at 3:30 am 😴
I completely forgot I said I would make the sign we usually use for our trip so I grabbed some computer paper from the hotel printers and my Mom made a makeshift one :joyfull:
DSC_0059.JPG

Could not keep my eyes open so we ended up with this one :joyfull:
DSC_0061.JPG

The hotel said that they would have to put us in a taxi because their shuttle did not run between midnight and 5 am. I was worried about getting all of our luggage into a taxi but when we went up to the desk around 4 am they had the shuttle ready. Hooray!
The Southwest Counter was not open when we got to the airport but it opened within a few minutes. Our luggage was checked and TSA precheck was open so we made it through security very quickly.
We stopped for our usual breakfast of bagels but they only had one so we got a bagel and a croissant
DSC_0064.JPG

The croissant was not very good but we were good with just the bagel :)
We headed to our gate and the therapy dog Jake was there! He usually does not start until 9 am but his owner knew a family flying to Disney so he brought him in. Of course I had to get a picture
dI++uGtxSXiUH5Gv2wscRg.jpg

Waiting to board our plane
yNvQ3LcUReeUH6s+rVXDvw.jpg

We boarded the plane super fast! We were in row 2!
PgPpQLOnTN22lwvax5LYVA.jpg

Gang is all here
otPvqHLbQjGsKMsG3V0+Lw.jpg

Magic Bands!
dtCjmYi1QFqJAe23vDbsUw.jpg

The entire plane was boarded by 5:55 except 2 passengers - so we were 15 minutes ahead of schedule except that we had to wait for them for about 10 minutes. It was a bit annoying and we ended up leaving a little late.

Next up: more traveling

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
So sweet of your sister and lucky you for getting to be on a trip with your mom celebrating!

Mickey confetti makes Disney celebrations extra special! I still have the Mickey confetti from when we got engaged at the Castle!

MUST. REMEMBER. TO. TRY. THIS!!! 😍😍

Thank you for all your kind comments !
We need to save our DVC points for Hawaii so nothing DVC for awhile
I will definitely try to write a November TR because that is a race weekend but I may skip Sept and Oct :)

Great TR. Glad your mom had a great birthday trip!

Thanks for reading !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing, makes the wait for our trip go faster! Great trip report!

Thank you for reading :)

Great trip report as always. It makes me so sad that you are not going to write on for your next trip. Everytime I check trip reports and see that you have started a new one, I get excited. At one time in life I went to Disney once a year, always staying somewhere new. Then life showed up. So by following your trip reports I kinda feel like I am there. Weird, I know.

Aww! I feel sad if I don't write one but I also need to focus on my actual job and my YouTube channel. I will still take photos and see how I feel about writing one

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Loved it! And I may have spent a lot of time searching for my crew in the background of your photos! Lol

Aww ! No such luck! I need to read your report Im so far behind

Not gonna lie-I’ll be sad if there isn’t a report for the next trip.....I love reading along with your adventures!

Sorry :( We will see how I feel. The Youtube takes up a lot of my time haha (well and my real job)

DisneyMorgan

Thank you for all your kind comments !
We need to save our DVC points for Hawaii so nothing DVC for awhile
I will definitely try to write a November TR because that is a race weekend but I may skip Sept and Oct :)

Thanks for reading !

Same! We are using 3 years worth of points for a stay at Aulani! It will be soooo worth it

Also, happy belated birthday to your mom!! Looks like y'all had a great time :)

I'm hoping to stay at Beach Club next July so this report has me extra excited!

KellBelle

Another fun report! Happy belated birthday to your mom and early birthday to Betta! Looking forward to the next one, that is if you write one (which I hope you do) :cool:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
What a great trip! Beach Club looks amazing. Definitely on our DVC Resort Bucket List...especially during a festival!! 😀

Yes! It would be great during a festival. We never spend time at festivals because we hate transportation :hilarious:

Great TR as always!! Have fun on your next trip!!

Thank you...as usual I am VERY behind on yours sorry :(

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Love reading your trip reports!! Might see you for the marathon!!

oh yay!! Thanks for reading !

Same! We are using 3 years worth of points for a stay at Aulani! It will be soooo worth it

Also, happy belated birthday to your mom!! Looks like y'all had a great time :)

I'm hoping to stay at Beach Club next July so this report has me extra excited!

Thank you! I know Aulani is worth It (I think/hope....)
Ohh yay! Enjoy the Beach Club!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom