Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

jt04

Totally get it. Lost it a bit with Monsters Inc Laugh Floor I guess. But what about getting away from the glorified futuristic utopia land? Surely there are other land design ideas out there. Future World is dead at Epcot and being replaced with Discovery, Nature, and Celebration. What would be good for Tomorrowland?

Robots would be cool.

Tomorrowland according to Walt. Lots of source material.

PS- putting sugar rush or any modern fantasy ip would destroy the timelessness of the current Fantasyland. And the lands 'placesetting'. I might object. IMO.

MaximumEd

Theme it like the Fallout video games.....a retro-futuristic dystopian 50’s vibe. I’d be down to hang out there for a while. I really just want them to do something all the way without slashing the budget halfway through. I’m a dreamer, what can I say?

WDWFREAK53

They all had a façade...You can just keep going at the randomness of Fantasyland. Tea Cups, Philharmagic, etc...

The external theming has been "randomly regal", but the rides are basically whatever thing they fit in. They have a mine in the middle of the courtyard, so I don't think that you can really say the rides and theme is regal, so much as its "fantasy".

The mine is out side of the castle walls. It's in the forest.
Fantasyland was my least favorite of the lands but it does seem as if they are trying to create a story with it now. (Also outside the walls is Rapunzel's tower...that's why it's in the distance)

That's what I said earlier...I don't mind a W-I-R attraction as long as the exterior holds the theme of what they are going for in Fantasyland. Even if the forest started to change to the candy forest gradually...that would still work.

Castle Cake Apologist

They all had a façade...You can just keep going at the randomness of Fantasyland. Tea Cups, Philharmagic, etc...

The external theming has been "randomly regal", but the rides are basically whatever thing they fit in. They have a mine in the middle of the courtyard, so I don't think that you can really say the rides and theme is regal, so much as its "fantasy".

There is no mine in the middle of the courtyard...

Bender123

There is no mine in the middle of the courtyard...

Fine, lets go with "clearly visible from" instead.

Still doesn't change that Teacups, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Mickey Mouse Review/Philharmagic, IaSW, Toad, 20K and Pooh are anything but regal...

There really isn't a ride based theme to the land, and there never was...The loose theme of "royal faire" doesn't really carry over into the attractions. Oddly, the only "regal" ride now located within the walls is the Carousel.

Bocabear

I do remember all that. It was a great update and the Time Keeper will always be in my memories as being one of the best. I just like to day dream about taking the whole land apart and creating something new and original away from the Tomorrow, Future, Tech, Aliens, Space, themes that has always been there and with very little IP.

Don't get me wrong. I love Tomorrowland and it has always been my favorite place to visit, especially at night. But as you mentioned, it is really disjointed now and the one at DL was a horrible mess when I visited a few years ago.
I think the best possible thing they could do is bring back the original gleaming white Tomorrowland of 1971...and then exaggerate it a bit . The original lines of the buildings, the Gull-wing waterfalls, the old attraction signs were all brilliant. The People Mover track system was beautiful all in white. So...Add a little color here and there and then replace MILF and Stitch with things that feel more futurist/Sci-Fi... The Incredibles lived in a sort of Jetson-era aesthetic...There is tons of idea fodder out there within Disney's own IPs...Just move Monster Inc to DHS where it makes sense... Heroes Duty into the old Stitch Building would work...among lots of other things. There is room within the land for more attractions... The old Tomorrowland Theater pad is sitting there as a parking lot...the old Skyway building is now just the restrooms that were underneath...More room for original attractions.... and dear God, if they are not going to do something amazing with the Speedway, get rid of it and put a better attraction in...they not only have the technology to do it, they have the money to do whatever they want...if they want to.

MrPromey

and dear God, if they are not going to do something amazing with the Speedway, get rid of it and put a better attraction in...

The day the speedway doesn't have a constant wait, I'm sure they'll consider it.

I'd love to see them upgrade (or replace) this attraction greatly but my 7 year old son is happy with it just the way it is. On our visit on Saturday, we waited longer to get on that than we did HM, IASW, BTM, or Pooh.

But I'd settle for something as simple as electric cars so that the cast members don't have to pantomime instructions to you because they can't be heard over all the lawn mower engines (which also produce that lovely smell).

Last edited:

Bocabear

How big of a space does Stitch’s attraction take up? Very many acres??
no, it is a relatively small footprint
Stitch Location.jpg

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

no, it is a relatively small footprint

I’m sure that is a challenge.... not a lot can fit in that building which is why alien encounter and stitch both used the original layout.

I’m surprised the answer was to just close stitch... as popular as the character is, they could have just taken out the restraints and done a kid friendly stitch show. Maybe add some animation of Lilo doing a video call from Hawaii? They’ve got the AA’s, they’ve got the theatre, something is better than nothing imho. (Although nothing is better than chili dog breath!)

Heppenheimer

I think the best possible thing they could do is bring back the original gleaming white Tomorrowland of 1971...and then exaggerate it a bit . The original lines of the buildings, the Gull-wing waterfalls, the old attraction signs were all brilliant. The People Mover track system was beautiful all in white. So...Add a little color here and there and then replace MILF and Stitch with things that feel more futurist/Sci-Fi... The Incredibles lived in a sort of Jetson-era aesthetic...There is tons of idea fodder out there within Disney's own IPs...Just move Monster Inc to DHS where it makes sense... Heroes Duty into the old Stitch Building would work...among lots of other things. There is room within the land for more attractions... The old Tomorrowland Theater pad is sitting there as a parking lot...the old Skyway building is now just the restrooms that were underneath...More room for original attractions.... and dear God, if they are not going to do something amazing with the Speedway, get rid of it and put a better attraction in...they not only have the technology to do it, they have the money to do whatever they want...if they want to.
There's an interesting idea. I didn't love The Incredibles movies, but I found the sort of retro-anachronistic design of the films beautiful. I would describe it as more of a "Mad Men meet the Jetsons" look. It would be interesting if Disney took this angle for Tomorrowland, but I fear it would probably get watered down and eroded away eventually.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

I’m sure that is a challenge.... not a lot can fit in that building which is why alien encounter and stitch both used the original layout.

I’m surprised the answer was to just close stitch... as popular as the character is, they could have just taken out the restraints and done a kid friendly stitch show. Maybe add some animation of Lilo doing a video call from Hawaii? They’ve got the AA’s, they’ve got the theatre, something is better than nothing imho. (Although nothing is better than chili dog breath!)
I still say if they want to put IP into the parks then make it into Vader’s Encounter.

TrainsOfDisney

I still say if they want to put IP into the parks then make it into Vader’s Encounter.

Yeah! Maybe I’m the only one... but I really liked the special effects shows that parks used to do. Armageddon and Twister at Universal.... catastrophe canyon at mgm...I think Star Wars land is missing things like that. Yoda demonstrating the force would be another cool show with a Yoda AA and some cool special effects.

ppete1975

between original Disneyland, jetsons, the Tomorrowland movie, incredibles even original Disneyworld Tomorrowland add in some epcot.. there are many options to the aesthetic they could borrow from. I would go retro.. then plus with lcd ribbons displaying futuristic news, add some water. Very stark white with a little color added in. Some glass for a mid century/ jet age look. Could be beautiful.

Because it wont happen I wont even mention the original spires again.. but classic Disneyland would work
Image result for disney land original tomorrowland

nevermind I cant help myself

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Yeah! Maybe I’m the only one... but I really liked the special effects shows that parks used to do. Armageddon and Twister at Universal.... catastrophe canyon at mgm...I think Star Wars land is missing things like that. Yoda demonstrating the force would be another cool show with a Yoda AA and some cool special effects.

Even something as basic as a Yoda puppet storytime type deal would be welcomed; in the same vein as Enchanted Tales with Belle. They already have Training Academy though they should relocate it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom