News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

RobWDW1971

One picture is worth a thousand words...
View attachment 408365

Who's that strange person?! Oh he must be one of the Legacies that we here on Batuu...blah..blah..blah...

Truly one of the worst creative decisions was to create a Star Wars Land limited to a specific place/time. Not only does it prohibit you from celebrating the brand's classic characters, but if a new Star Wars character breaks out in future movies or TV shows from a time period a hundred years before or after this, you can't have them in the land.

For example, if they make that Boba Fett movie and he's huge, you can't him in the land. For a company that truly understands brands and synergy how does that happen? (BTW - there is a billion dollar Star Wars Land that does not have Vader nor Boba Fett in it - process that for a second.)

Truly idiotic concept on a massive scale. And for what, so we can create a land nobody cares about with silly expressions that have nothing to do with Star Wars? Mind-boggling terrible and limiting creative choices.

"May the spires keep you!!!"

Last edited:

Snow Queen

Captain Rex or DJ-R3X, I just wish they had a more affordable figure for him. It's $150 bluetooth speaker, $70 action figure set with three I'm not looking for, or blocky model kit. Beyond a lightsaber replica, the thing I'd most buy there are the little die cast model ships. Small, affordable, detailed. Perfect. If they made the droid equivalent of those, I'd be all over it.

Rich T

Captain Rex or DJ-R3X, I just wish they had a more affordable figure for him. It's $150 bluetooth speaker, $70 action figure set with three I'm not looking for, or blocky model kit. Beyond a lightsaber replica, the thing I'd most buy there are the little die cast model ships. Small, affordable, detailed. Perfect. If they made the droid equivalent of those, I'd be all over it.
When Star Tours first opened, DL sold reproductions of the planetary travel posters from the exit queue. Less than $10 each. Best SW souvenirs ever. I remember they also sold little rubber 3P0s and R2s based on the designs used in the Droids TV series. There was no attempt to make everything fit into a logical timeline, or pretend you were anywhere else but Disneyland. And everybody was incredibly happy.

Supreme Leader

Galaxy's Edge is fun. I enjoy walking through the merchant row area and enjoying the sights and sounds. I get the same feeling I get when I walk through NOS. There's just something charming about it all to me. That being said, they still need another ride after Rise opens. Something free to do because those prices ain't cheap.

TP2000

And how will the videos of the merch cast members' "acting" all over the internet influence future purchases?

I actually can't get enough of those videos! They are just so darn funny!

Here's a good one from a couple days ago....

"Let's build! Welcomebrightsunsbuilderswelcomeareyoureadywelcometobuildasaberbuildyourownstartnowsaber..."

I swear, this just will never get old. Hysterical!!! 🤣

Eventually, Disney will fix this, and reel back in all these darling and enthusiastic shop clerks and have this be a more polished and understandable process. But for however long this messy hilarity lasts, I aim to enjoy it. Bright Suns!

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Reminds me of the mini Batmobile on the Force Awakens Falcon.
batmobile.jpg
Why would they have a batmobile on the falcon?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

When Star Tours first opened, DL sold reproductions of the planetary travel posters from the exit queue. Less than $10 each. Best SW souvenirs ever. I remember they also sold little rubber 3P0s and R2s based on the designs used in the Droids TV series. There was no attempt to make everything fit into a logical timeline, or pretend you were anywhere else but Disneyland. And everybody was incredibly happy.
i had one of each of those 3p0 and r2 figures. i still have the r2 one somewhere.

Rich T

That would be awesome! Or even better Animeland! Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Attack on Titan. Maybe better for Tokyo Disneyland.
1265408.jpg
!
If they did that without adding Kingdom Hearts first...
(pause)
What if Disney bought up all this anime and opened a completely anime-themed park in Japan?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom