Fox Properties at Disney parks

wdwfan4ver

Nope. It is possible that WDW will not see Fox properties at their parks for a while. Disney bought the properties more for their streaming service.

The fact is a lot of Fox's IPS need to be rebooted and don't expect them to be in the parks anytime soon.

If there is in news or updates, I would expect is to be the Marvel properties that Fox had in X-men and Fantastic Four. The catch is those two IPS would not be in WDW at all, but at other Disney parks worldwide at some point since marvel wants them to be part of MCU.

Last edited:

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Nope. It is possible that WDW will not see Fox properties at their parks for a while. Disney bought the properties more for their streaming service.

The fact is a lot of Fox's IPS need to be rebooted and don't expect them to be in the parks anytime soon.

If there is in news or updates, I would expect is to be the Marvel properties that Fox had in X-men and Fantastic Four. The catch is those two IPS would not be in WDW at all, but at other Disney parks worldwide at some point since marvel wants them to be put of MCU.
What about the rumor Jim Hill said about Dino land being replaced by Ice Age and Planet of the Apes possibly coming to Animal Kingdom?

wdwfan4ver

What about the rumor Jim Hill said about Dino land being replaced by Ice Age and Planet of the Apes possibly coming to Animal Kingdom?
A lot of people are not big on Jim Hill's rumors including myself. The people who give him the information seems to be very off plenty of times. I heard of Ice Age for ak, but that has not been mentioned for a while by any insiders on this site. AK at this point is not looked despite that 2024 E-ticket rumor by a person who may not be a insider at all.

Planet of the Apes is the same thing as Ice Age meaning it does not seems to be something Disney wants in AK at this point since our true insiders have not mentioned anything about Planet of the Apes.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
A lot of people are not big on Jim Hill's rumors including myself. The people who give him the information seems to be very off plenty of times. I heard of Ice Age for ak, but that has not been mentioned for a while by any insiders on this site. AK at this point is not looked despite that 2024 E-ticket rumor by a person who may not be a insider at all.

Planet of the Apes is the same thing as Ice Age meaning it does not seems to be something Disney wants in AK at this point since our true insiders have not mentioned anything about Planet of the Apes.
Ok thanks for the info! So basically Jim Hill is usually wrong about leaks and rumors?

TJJohn12

I'm mostly new to the forums and the theme park community. Is Jim Hill not considered a good source? Sorry if I seem foolish.

Over the years I’ve been reading Jim, I’d say he bats about .500 at best - that includes both his rumors and his purported theme park history postulation as well. Jim used to be a good source when we didn’t have as many better sources. But we have enough insiders here on the forums that Jim now feels second tier to me.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Over the years I’ve been reading Jim, I’d say he bats about .500 at best - that includes both his rumors and his purported theme park history postulation as well. Jim used to be a good source when we didn’t have as many better sources. But we have enough insiders here on the forums that Jim now feels second tier to me.
Thanks for the info! :)

wdwfan4ver

I would rather Disney sell the rights to universal in exchange for the marvel theme park rights. The Simpsons fit better at Universal than Disney.
I don't think Disney has the rights to add Simpson attractions in the United States since Universal has Simpsons attractions in their US theme parks. Disney has the rights for oversea parks, but Disney is looking at using Simpsons at all.
I think that trade is not the best interest and the theme park rights to the Simpsons Universal has expires sometime in the next decade.

I'm under the impression that Universal does not to replace their Marvel attractions in Orlando at all since that deal is a win-win for Disney and Universal since Disney does get money from the Marvel Land Universal has. The other thing is Universal is focus on getting their 3rd theme park in Orlando getting worked on.

I'm sure getting a rid of Island of Adventure's marvel land is not a top priority for Universal right now. I am sure Universal is still working the 2 current parks for attractions, but expecting them to replace an entire land is unlikely.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
They can go in Hollywood Studios but no where else, Avatar is already in Animal Kingdom but I hope that's it.
I honestly cant see any of the Fox IP going anywhere in the Disney parks besides Hollywood studios. Ice Age and planet of the apes at animal kingdom are pretty bad ideas. Same with Black Panther and Indiana Jones( because they have nothing to do with nature and animals!)

Cmdr_Crimson

Yeah, let me know when Family Guy land opens....:hilarious:
ZlON1f.gif

bartholomr4

Some helpful info about the Simpsons and Universal

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom