News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Phroobar

Lol wow Blast from the past. Wasn’t there also some really weird dark ride? Or is that also the boat ride? Was there not a flume ride and an indoor coaster too?
There was an indoor mine car dark ride.
Ride3.jpg

Ride2.jpg

waltography

Cookies are stacked on top of my drink with no napkins (all the crumbs had fallen into my drink from it being put up there).

To be fair, that's exactly how they show it served on the menu. When I got the blue milk, my cookie wasn't nearly crumbly enough to get bits in the drink, so mileage definitely varies.

galaxys-edge-ogas-cantina-9-454x600.jpg

Absolutely no excuse for that terrible service, though, I'm sorry you experienced that.

SSG

Since this thread is all over the place, here is a unique view of GE and all of the resort tweeted out by NASA's Armstrong Flight Research Center:

NASA Armstrong @NASAArmstrong: Using our science instruments on the DC-8 flying laboratory, we can smell the pumpkin spice churros at @Disneyland from 3500 ft. The park is looking pretty spooky,it’s almost #HalloweenTime! http://go.nasa.gov/2NRG4Qt Credit: NASA/Matt Berry

Last edited:

TP2000

Since this thread is all over the place, here is a unique view of GE and all of the resort tweeted out by NASA's Armstrong Flight Research Center:

NASA Armstrong @NASAArmstrong: Using our science instruments on the DC-8 flying laboratory, we can smell the pumpkin spice churros at @Disneyland from 3500 ft. The park is looking pretty spooky,it’s almost #HalloweenTime! http://go.nasa.gov/2NRG4Qt Credit: NASA/Matt Berry

View attachment 406651

As an old-timer, I love the fact that NASA still has a DC-8 that it flies over populated areas. How cool is that?!

Here's another DC-8 in its natural habitat, as a Pan Am Jet Clipper circa 1961. You'll notice the well dressed and perfectly coiffed passengers who don't need a Miniature Horse Service Animal to deal with life. Gorgeous and immaculately uniformed stewardesses smiling at you at the top and bottom of the stairs as you disembark. A giant round blue Pan Am logo carpet at the base of the pristinely painted air stairs, and Pan Am logo flags fluttering in the wind. Back when Americans had pride in themselves and their culture that had just saved the free world from Fascism and Communism!
ac7c3af35638e23f60a42242aa92992e.jpg

Back OT, it's another very slow day at Disneyland even though they are open until Midnight. Right now at 7:30pm the wait time for Millennium Falcon is only 25 minutes. The rest of Disneyland E Tickets are in the 5 to 30 minute range. The other 30+ B, C and D Tickets are only posted at 5 or 10 minutes. Disneyland is dead!

But HalloweenTime starts tomorrow, Friday September 6th. Will the crowds show up for that?

Last edited:

lifeisgoodboy

I absolutely agree a thousand times. Rumors are Episode 9 Rise of Skywalker will borrow heavily from Episode 6 Return of the Jedi. They have to after destroying the Jedi so thoroughly that I have no interest in anything Star Wars anymore. Bring back a little hope to Star Wars.

You are right, it's almost like return of the jedi. I have read the spoiler on what might happen.

britain

From the WDW RotR thread: 3rd attraction rumor. This one is for you, @TROR !

Almost certainly an indoor coaster. This is more needed in DLR than in DHS (as in attraction portfolio needs, not number of attractions), but it would be difficult to imagine building one for DLR and not one for DHS. However, consider that a 250 million investment (500 million total) would be done for only two reasons: 1) if capacity were in an issue, and 2) if the area is internally deemed to be failing its goals by late January / early February. I think more likely in the short term is that they rework the land to include OT characters and stories.

mickEblu

From the WDW RotR thread: 3rd attraction rumor. This one is for you, @TROR !

It sounds like they didn’t learn their lesson from when they didn’t include the main characters in the original Fantasyland dark rides. I think the message is clear - Disney parks fans like original attractions but if you are going to give them IP, don’t leave out their favorite characters.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
It sounds like they didn’t learn their lesson from when they didn’t include the main characters in the original Fantasyland dark rides. I think the message is clear - Disney parks fans like original attractions but if you are going to give them IP, don’t leave out their favorite characters.

Um, the FL attractions were better without the characters. Now they’re all basically book report rides.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
So adding one figure of Snow White turned the ride into a book report ride? Which FL dark ride are you referring to because none of them feel like book report rides to me.

Yes. The original with the 50 witch figures was much more effective. Aren’t they all more or less book reports? Except Toad.

mickEblu

Yes. The original with the 50 witch figures was much more effective. Aren’t they all more or less book reports? Except Toad.

My point is that if you perceive it to be a book report ride now it has little to do with them adding a figure of Snow White or Alice.

The FL dark rides have never felt like book report rides to me even though they essentially are. The execution is just so good and they throw everything off just slightly enough to where I don’t perceive them In that way. You can make a case that Toad or Snow White aren’t book report rides at all.

RobWDW1971

My point is that if you perceive it to be a book report ride now it has little to do with them adding a figure of Snow White or Alice.

The FL dark rides have never felt like book report rides to me even though they essentially are. The execution is just so good and they throw everything off just slightly enough to where I don’t perceive them In that way. You can make a case that Toad or Snow White aren’t book report rides at all.

Who wrote the book where someone named Hondo yells at me the entire ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom