Trip Report Pixiedust & Wanderlust - Solo Trip - August '19 *COMPLETED*

✨Hello and welcome!✨
I just came back from my first solo Disney adventure and wanted to share a little bit of my trip with you, my Disney friends.

This is only my second Trip Report, and it's still intimidating, specially when there are many great Trip Reports going on right now! I had the pleasure of meeting some of my most admired Trip Reporters on this trip, and let me tell you: All of them are as kind and fun as you would imagine! 😊

The When:
August 19 - August 27

The Where:
Pop Century Resort

The Why:
I've always wondered about Solo Trips to WDW. I've had the opportunity to visit with DH Frank 2 or 3 times a year for about 20 years now and on occasion, with other family members too.

Just about a month before my trip, Frank and I became empty nesters, our JC got his own place, and even though we are very proud of him and happy, I got nostalgic too. I guess Frank noticed, so he suggested that a visit to our favorite place, would be a good thing for me at this time. How could I say "no", right? :joyfull:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, I have to warn y'all, one of the many rookie reporter mistakes I made (and others to come), is that I wish I'd taken notes for each day, I didn't! So I'll have to rely on my pictures and my sometimes lacking memory.

This is me at The Flower and Garden Festival, last April/May.

20190511_000509.jpg

Thank you for being here!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Departure Day:

Frank was in Miami for training and I had to leave our house all closed for 3 days. My main concern was leaving my pet turtle behind, and trusting that JC will visit and feed her while we were gone! We've had Domenica for about 18 years! (would you believe that to this day we don't know if it's a She or He!?)
This is what she/he looks like:
View attachment 405851

I was very lucky to get a good rate on my airline tickets, mine was an international flight with one stop in Miami. I thought I was ready with my plans of taking a taxi to take me to the airport at 3:30 am but...

When I called, a very snappy girl told me they had no cars at that time! 😨 And with no Uber installed on my phone and no time to waist learning how to use it, there I was, nervous and flustered!

I finally decided on calling my dad. He lives about 2 blocks from our house. Poor dad, I woke him up and he showed up in his pajamas! Phew! He saved the day!

Got to the airport very early, so much so, that all the businesses were still closed and I desperately needed coffee!

This is what my boarding gate looked like at that unholy time:
View attachment 405850

Good job dad!!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Departure/WDW Arrival!

The shops opened and I was able to get an espresso, oh, I needed it!
Thankfully my flight took-off on time, and in about 2 1/2 hours, I was in Miami. Grabbed a Nathan's hot dog and went to my gate.
This is looking good:
20190819_124528.jpg

Well...not so fast.
Apparently, it had rained very hard in Miami and all flights were delayed, so after boarding, we waited for close to 2 hours for take-off.

But finally we did, and after about 50mins, I'm waiting for my bag at Orlando Int. Airport:
20190819_155204.jpg

Got my luggage very quickly and headed to Magical Express. My heart was pounding excitedly at these sights!:
20190819_224303.jpg

20190819_161651.jpg

I finally made it to Orlando, so happy!!!
20190903_195138.jpg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
While I was waiting to get on the bus and texting the "boys" back home, I got the message of my room being ready, thank goodness!, I couldn't wait to get out of my jeans, specially after taking a step outside and realizing how HOT 🔥 it was! Now, you have to know that I was coming from a 70°s, low humidity weather.

After a brief stop at Art of Animation, we finally arrived at Pop. I wanted to stop by the front desk to make sure that everything was in order with my reservation and Magic Band. I also wanted to know if my requests for location and 1st Floor were granted. I had requested lake view, 60's building. I got that and a 2nd floor room, great!

I also stopped by the shop/dining hall to get my refillable mug. As soon as I entered, I was immediately sorrounded by the electricity of the place. One thing was clear, I was not going to feel lonely in there! (or near the main pool, for that matter!).

As soon as I walked towards my room, I felt very happy about it's location, it was very serene.

20190819_181843.jpg

20190819_181819.jpg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm Here! What Next?

As soon as I entered my room, I did as I always do, with the door still open, check that nobody's hiding in the bathroom or under the bed! 🕵️‍♀️ Don't laugh at me, remember I'm there by myself! 😄
After making sure that everything (tv, lights, running water) was in working order, I took a selfie:
20190819_180633.jpg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
By then it was about 6pm.
I "peeled off" my jeans and got into shorts. I guess I was too excited to remember to eat something besides just a hot-dog! But weirdly enough, I wasn't that hungry.

I had a plan: Disney Springs. Two reasons:
1. I remembered many raving about Tevas sandals on @Tuvalu 's current TR, so I'd look for those or something similar.
2. A glass of wine at Wine Bar George.

Took the bus and got there in no time. Since it was Monday, it wasn't too crowded and I enjoyed the atmosphere.
The only bad news: no Tevas or anything similar. Looked at Columbia, Fit2Run, Uniqlo, etc. Nope, no walking sandals, and my poor feet will pay the price later on this trip! 😣

krisri18

I'm Here! What Next?

As soon as I entered my room, I did as I always do, with the door still open, check that nobody's hiding in the bathroom or under the bed! 🕵️‍♀️ Don't laugh at me, remember I'm there by myself! 😄
After making sure that everything (tv, lights, running water) was in working order, I took a selfie:
View attachment 406590
I check the room too! But for bedbugs 🤢

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom