News Major Hurricane Dorian impacts to Walt Disney World 2019

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Have you considered coming in from the west? (Approx 45 minutes longer. 7 hours 13 minutes instead of 6 hours and 28 minutes)

It appears you'll be starting around Augusta. This takes you to I-75 in Macon then I-75 south past Ocala to the Florida Turnpike (toll). Take State Road 429 (toll) south to the western entrance of WDW at Western Way (exit 8).

I believe tolls on the Turnpike have been waived... don't know about 429.

I agree with @JohnD. Drive west until you pick up I-75 (yes, it will suck driving through Atlanta), then south to the Turnpike (just south of Ocala, FL), take 429 (exit 267A) to Western Way (exit 8).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'll be on the Fantasy Saturday. I would be bummed to miss out, but I would survive, and certainly wouldn't be mad at Disney at all. Or course it's possible it could be too treacherous to get close to those islands anyways.
I have to say....I’m surprised you’re a dcl guy

LAKid53

Premium Member
Ah, I was having a hard time getting alternate routes to come up. But I see the closest entrance to i75 is Macon, so I asked it to route me to Macon and then from Macon to Orlando. It adds a good chunk of minutes to the trip time, but I’m way more comfortable with this route.

That's the best route right now. Florida may close parts of I-95 if the storm gets close to the coast. Once I get to the intersection of I-10 and I-75, it's 2.5 hours to the gate on Western Way. And that includes a bathroom stop.

BoarderPhreak

It’s slowly starting to make its way out. It will be on the app and website shortly
Yup...
  • Epcot early close pushed from 3pm to 7pm
  • Disney Springs early close pushed from 3pm to 8pm
  • Magic Kingdom will still close at 3pm
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios will still close at 2pm
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom will still close at 2pm

wdwfan22

Restaurants are revising their operating schedules.

LAKid53

Premium Member
It's actually a large part of why we have cut out our WDW trips entirely. Same price, and seems to give us the old school Disney service we miss. Though DCL prices are going up as well now.

My trips to WDW now are primarily runDisney race weekends, weekends before a DCL cruise and the occasional passholder preview event. Like you, I'd rather be on a Disney cruise than a park. Just the right amount of Disney with outstanding service. And a lot to do, frankly.

bclane

I recall the day before Matthew was supposed to hit, I was asked to stay past my early afternoon shift end. I politely declined because at the time I lived in east Orange county and by 6:00pm I was supposed to have high end tropical storm winds in my neighborhood. Like, sorry I don't love Epcot enough for this lol.
Hopefully they didn’t pressure you to go in and just let you decline. I’m all for EPCOT to be open tonight if people want to work but not if they are pressuring employees to come in who’d prefer to stay home for the storm. We ate at the Nomad Lounge yesterday (first time and it won’t be the last!) and our waiter was saying he wanted to work today rather than sit around and wait for the storm to pass. Anyway, it would be interesting to know how many employees want to work vs stay home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom