News Major Hurricane Dorian impacts to Walt Disney World 2019

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As we know, WDW will basically be shutting down at 3 PM today (Tuesday).

Arrival of Tropical Storm Winds will arrive in Orlando at 2 PM (given the vagaries of forecasting).

So, it's highly unlikely that WDW will be open at all on Wednesday unless Dorian greatly weakens and goes further East. Maybe DS will open later in the day, like it did the day after Matthew.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I’m so confused right now, trying to figure out what this hurricane is doing. I want to drive to Orlando today or later in the evening to be there for my AKL booking that starts tomorrow. I’m driving though, and the route my GPS recommends is scary, especially where it takes me right up to Daytona beach...
If you have the time, I'd take 1-10 to 75 and go south to the turnpike. Although, it looks like it's going to take you through Savannah/coastal Carolina area which would be tricky.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
As we know, WDW will basically be shutting down at 3 PM today (Tuesday).

Arrival of Tropical Storm Winds will arrive in Orlando at 2 PM (given the vagaries of forecasting).

So, it's highly unlikely that WDW will be open at all on Wednesday unless Dorian greatly weakens and goes further East. Maybe DS will open later in the day, like it did the day after Matthew.
Winds are predicted to top out at 26 MPH during park hours, I could see them still opening, maybe a delayed opening.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I’m so confused right now, trying to figure out what this hurricane is doing. I want to drive to Orlando today or later in the evening to be there for my AKL booking that starts tomorrow. I’m driving though, and the route my GPS recommends is scary, especially where it takes me right up to Daytona beach...
Cut over to Macon and then go down I-75. Avoids the mess with I-26 being one-way in South Carolina.

ETA: I thought you were farther north.

bclane

If it was me, I’d choose a more inland route. Even though it would add some to the estimated trip time, taking a more inland route would be safer and could actually end up getting you here sooner depending on when you leave and what the storm does. JMO

JohnD

Have you considered coming in from the west? (Approx 45 minutes longer. 7 hours 13 minutes instead of 6 hours and 28 minutes)

It appears you'll be starting around Augusta. This takes you to I-75 in Macon then I-75 south past Ocala to the Florida Turnpike (toll). Take State Road 429 (toll) south to the western entrance of WDW at Western Way (exit 8).

Da Bird is Da Word

Cut over to Macon and then go down I-75. Avoids the mess with I-26 being one-way in South Carolina.

ETA: I thought you were farther north.

Ah, I was having a hard time getting alternate routes to come up. But I see the closest entrance to i75 is Macon, so I asked it to route me to Macon and then from Macon to Orlando. It adds a good chunk of minutes to the trip time, but I’m way more comfortable with this route.

Attachments

• EEC203B4-87E6-4DF6-81E3-CF6A32306EA9.jpeg
    EEC203B4-87E6-4DF6-81E3-CF6A32306EA9.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 55

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

If you can, drive west and pick up I-75. Maybe a little longer drive, but safer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom