News Major Hurricane Dorian impacts to Walt Disney World 2019

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Can any one give me an update on Flordia? My family is there now and I am not very good at understanding Map weather hahaha Have a great Labor day every one!

Where in Florida?

If Orlando, then there's a 40% chances of being in a storm with sustained winds averaging 60 MPH.

A 70% of being in a storm with sustained winds averaging 40 MPH.

This is for Tuesday.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Update: the shelter was actually designed for CAT 5.

Peak elevation I can find is 31 feet, so there's some protection from the wind to the western side by the boat dock.

kong1802

All of St Augustine is under a mandatory evacuation order starting at 8AM tomorrow (Monday)
I am not in an evacuation zone - but the folks downhill from me are - they flooded in Matthew & Irma.

We are in JCP and our neighborhood is right out of the evacuation zone, by less than a mile. About a quarter of JCP is under mandatory right now.

muddyrivers

Something that may be helpful to those who aren't local like myself, you can watch local TV coverage in Orlando by downloading the WFTV (Orlando ABC affiliate) app. I have it on my Apple TV and I am watching the station live and seeing the news as it comes in.

Da Bird is Da Word

Ok. So it’s understood that Orlando will at least endure a tropical storm on Tuesday. Do we know how long this thing is supposed to stick around? My non refundable AKL booking is Wednesday Sept 4 thru Sept 11. I live six hours away. I’m considering heading to Orlando today and if this thing has largely passed by Wednesday then that will be fine.

Lensman

The following contains informed speculation on the forecast tracks for Dorian from *yesterday*. Please refer to NHC guidance and local authorities when making decisions if you are in the hurricane warning or watch zones. The following is just for discussion.

Aspects that were interesting to me:
1. I don't get to see spaghetti plots from ECMWF EPS that often, so interesting to see the range of possible tracks.
2. Also interesting to see how the NWS weather balloon observations from Illinois/Indiana/Ohio/South Carolina can help in assessing systematic model bias in addition to providing input data points for the numerical models themselves.

Lensman

Ok. So it’s understood that Orlando will at least endure a tropical storm on Tuesday. Do we know how long this thing is supposed to stick around? My non refundable AKL booking is Wednesday Sept 4 thru Sept 11. I live six hours away. I’m considering heading to Orlando today and if this thing has largely passed by Wednesday then that will be fine.
When making decisions, it's always best to refer to the NHS advisories. Here is a link to the latest:

Did you have any questions about it? Were you planning to drive or fly down? Why are you thinking of heading to Orlando today (Monday) if your booking is for Wednesday and you live six hours away?

bclane

No one can make or should make that call for you, but while we should still have some weather on Wed, current projections do seem to bode well for most of your trip dates in my opinion (which isn’t worth a darn thing). But remember that things can change dramatically from one update to the next. Only you know how much risk tolerance you have. This could literally head inland unexpectedly at any time until it eventually dissipates if conditions change.

BoarderPhreak

The beaches all along the coast, unfortunately, will be eroded to varying degrees. On the bright side, it's after labor day and no longer technically "summer" but...

- 100% of Georgia and South Carolina beaches will be impacted
- Projected percent of dunes to be overwashed: 59% in Georgia, 57% in South Carolina, 22% in Florida, and 9% in North Carolina.
- 9% of Georgia and South Carolina dunes will be "inundated" – the most severe coastal impact.

152300a6-0177-4c46-845e-080511adfbdf.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom