Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

brb1006

For those wondering about DL’s 60th Celebration, it was glorious. If WDW 50 gets that treatment, it will be an amazing thing.
I also hope the special anniversary might be on par with "Remember The Magic", "Live The Magic" and "Forever Young" (especially Forever Young). They could tease the anniversary song sometime late next year if we're lucky.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, multiple insiders here have indicated that it would be a big deal. Plussing of attractions in MK, huge entertainment package, etc...
Isn’t the plussing of attractions kind of a given?
And does that and new inpark entertainment qualify as a “big deal”

Just as an old counter: Eisner built RNRC for millennium...and I think they spent $20 mil on the hat for 100 years.

None of us “internally” thought either were a big deal at the time. Especially the coaster...because mgm needed more stuff...and it still does. Today or this time next week.

I guess it’s all perspective.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For those wondering about DL’s 60th Celebration, it was glorious. If WDW 50 gets that treatment, it will be an amazing thing.
We can hope...but I don’t think cost analysis would allow them to go that far.

Remember that wdw is basically “full”...the hotel rooms I mean.

They don’t cater much to off property (which is not good)...so how does dumping promotion really increase the take at all?

Speedy71

I also hope the special anniversary might be on par with "Remember The Magic", "Live The Magic" and "Forever Young" (especially Forever Young). They could tease the anniversary song sometime late next year if we're lucky.

I just hope we could get a night parade. ;)

mikejs78

Premium Member
Isn’t the plussing of attractions kind of a given?
And does that and new inpark entertainment qualify as a “big deal”

Just as an old counter: Eisner built RNRC for millennium...and I think they spent $20 mil on the hat for 100 years.

None of us “internally” thought either were a big deal at the time. Especially the coaster...because mgm needed more stuff...and it still does. Today or this time next week.

I guess it’s all perspective.

So for the 50th we have confirmed:
* Tron
* Guardians
* Possibly Poppins

We have rumored:
* New fireworks
* New nighttime parade
* Plussing of MK attractions (e.g. adding of effects from BTM, Hatbox ghost to HM, etc.)
* Sprucing up of Tomorrowland

That's just the current announced/rumors. What else is necessary for you to consider them going "all out"?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
* Tron
* Guardians
* Possibly Poppins

We have rumored:
* New fireworks
* New nighttime parade
* Plussing of MK attractions (e.g. adding of effects from BTM, Hatbox ghost to HM, etc.)

That's just the current announced/rumors. What else is necessary for you to consider them going "all out"?
Woah woah woah...show me where a guy in a name tag labeled a 2017 announcement “for the 50th”

And even if they did (which would be typical) I think that was operational necessity after they did squat for a lot of years....
One broken Everest and one soarin does not a decade make.

Still catching up. I think the timing is “convenient” for Chappy and The Tan

Need proof? Try to get a fastpass to mid level rides or wait in a standby line less that 45-75 consistently...

The bands revealed the wizard behind the curtains.

Dan Deesnee

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a new parade, I'm just not sure I want it every single night. I'm torn really...

I love MK at night and the last thing I want is people lining the sidewalks for hours every time we're there. The parades can cause such a nightmare getting around Main Street and the central area.

Hotamber

A new nighttime parade LOL! My guess would be a five minute projection show on the mainstreet shops that end with an arrow over the entrance doors or an Incredible dance party with projections on the restrooms behind the stage

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

* Tron
* Guardians
* Possibly Poppins

We have rumored:
* New fireworks
* New nighttime parade

you forgot the cupcakes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, a few guys in name tags labelled a few in 2016.
But was that talking about 2019-2020 opening date projects?

A little convenient, isn’t it?

The things being built right now are more about the continued decline of their tv revenue and parks having to pick up the slack this entire decade (as we close it)...”for the 50th” is a way of milking that expenditure.

Just my take...I won’t belabor it.

The other side of that tunnel is that we ain’t gettin’ anything for the first 5 years of the next decade, are we?

Yoda has a line about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom