News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Transferrin

$10 says no. The new art is literally a modified original Epcot Center art (look at the people and monorail placement).

gif for spotting differences like the exciting new longer monorail
EINjDpA.gif

Expo_Seeker40

Overall, I’m happy with the beautification of the park, the return of the flower blossom logo, new and old icons, and original font. Future World has been a terrible hodgepodge for two decades.

Former Innoventions East will be renovated into a nicer structure and modern interior.

My only gripe is the loss of Innovations West.

It looks like they are keeping the very center of the fountain of nations, and the new two level structure is off to the side, I just wish they kept the symmetry of the plaza.
9622A3E6-BD4F-4F38-9D06-E440543C4291.jpeg

articos

Overall, I’m happy with the beautification of the park, the return of the flower blossom logo, new and old icons, and original font. Future World has been a terrible hodgepodge for two decades.

Former Innoventions East will be renovated into a nicer structure and modern interior.

My only gripe is the loss of Innovations West.

It looks like they are keeping the very center of the fountain of nations, and the new two level structure is off to the side, I just wish they kept the symmetry of the plaza.View attachment 401301
The fountain, like the rest of the surrounding hardscape, will be redone.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Permanent security canopy on the kerbside
My only issue, are people actually going to use the trams? I have never used them at Epcot... (or DHS or AK)

I hope they have a decent size security check for walkers..

Edit: I don't see a check point for walkers on the concept art...

Last edited:

Figment82

Was just at the park tonight for a couple hours to see IllumiNations. I felt like I needed to be there on the night before the announcements - the calm before the storm, lol! The entrance area is such a maze/mess. I didn’t realize the fountain and center planter were behind the construction walls as well. Should be real fun once F&W starts next week. They’ve already drained the ponds on FW West and cleared trees behind Innoventions. I’m feeling apprehensive about tomorrow, but hopeful that these changes will at least bring the entrance back to its original vision, with a lot more green/vegetation. And a bag check area that can handle the crowds!

articos

Was just at the park tonight for a couple hours to see IllumiNations. I felt like I needed to be there on the night before the announcements - the calm before the storm, lol! The entrance area is such a maze/mess. I didn’t realize the fountain and center planter were behind the construction walls as well. Should be real fun once F&W starts next week. They’ve already drained the ponds on FW West and cleared trees behind Innoventions. I’m feeling apprehensive about tomorrow, but hopeful that these changes will at least bring the entrance back to its original vision, with a lot more green/vegetation. And a bag check area that can handle the crowds!
Honestly, it’s going to be quite pretty once it’s done. Different. But pretty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom