Where to get Ibuprofen?

I’m not sure what the rules are for bringing over the counter medication painkillers to USA are. Is there anywhere in Orlando airport or at Beach Club I can buy these in case I get my headaches?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I've traveled to Europe with OTC meds like Ibuprofen and anti diarrhea pills.
It should not be an issue to bring them from home with you.
I'm sure that MCO and BC has it but its going to cost you a pretty penny.
You can also go to first aid in the parks. I believe they ask you to fill out a form though so I don't know if I'd bother with that unless its urgent.

Upvote 0

Bananafaceal

Original Poster
I've traveled to Europe with OTC meds like Ibuprofen and anti diarrhea pills.
It should not be an issue to bring them from home with you.
I'm sure that MCO and BC has it but its going to cost you a pretty penny.
You can also go to first aid in the parks. I believe they ask you to fill out a form though so I don't know if I'd bother with that unless its urgent.

Thanks for confirming, I was just having nightmares of them holding me for hours while they tested any pills so I’d miss my Cape May reservation!

Upvote 0

Disney4family

We've had to go to first aid in the parks to get meds for wicked headaches. We've also had to pop in for my 81 year old mom (who now has skin as thin as tissue paper) when she was bashed by strollers and needed help with wounds and pretty bad bleeding.
The CMs were as wonderful as you could imagine. They have everything you need. It is free.

You only have to print and sign your name. There is no form.

If you don't want to walk over to first aid, there are stores in the parks that sell stuff. At MK we've purchased at Hundred Acre Goods and Mickey's Star Traders.
We were told each land has a store that has items to purchase.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
We've had to go to first aid in the parks to get meds for wicked headaches. We've also had to pop in for my 81 year old mom (who now has skin as thin as tissue paper) when she was bashed by strollers and needed help with wounds and pretty bad bleeding.
The CMs were as wonderful as you could imagine. They have everything you need. It is free.

You only have to print and sign your name. There is no form.

If you don't want to walk over to first aid, there are stores in the parks that sell stuff. At MK we've purchased at Hundred Acre Goods and Mickey's Star Traders.
We were told each land has a store that has items to purchase.
Really no form??? My niece pinched her finger causeing it to bleed and needed a band aid and we sat there filling out a form. My sister tripped and wanted ice for her knee and she filled out a form and was asked lots of questions. All for an ice pack.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tony the Tigger

Really no form??? My niece punched her finger cause I g it to bleed and needed a band aid and we sat there filling out a form. My sister tripped and wanted ice for her knee and she filled out a form and was asked lots of questions. All for an ice pack.

That’s different than if someone has a headache. If someone got hurt on property, I presume there’s some kind of “incident report” required to document and protect both parties. (People can’t claim it was worse later.)

Upvote 0

Bananafaceal

Original Poster
I think I might try to bring some new, unopened boxes (is that what blister packs are?) in my hand luggage and see what happens, but I at least know I can get extras etc. Just a shame I can’t bring my co-codamol in case things get really bad but I have no prescription.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I think I might try to bring some new, unopened boxes (is that what blister packs are?) in my hand luggage and see what happens, but I at least know I can get extras etc. Just a shame I can’t bring my co-codamol in case things get really bad but I have no prescription.

I’ve taken migraleve before, which contains co-codamol, without a prescription.

I always take the original packaging. Blister packs are what you get if you buy stuff from a pharmacy etc. As opposed to jars of unpackaged tablets, which they just don’t sell any more - but you do get sometimes from a hospital pharmacy.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

Really no form??? My niece pinched her finger causeing it to bleed and needed a band aid and we sat there filling out a form. My sister tripped and wanted ice for her knee and she filled out a form and was asked lots of questions. All for an ice pack.
No, no form. As @Tony the Tigger said, our issues weren't injuries caused by Disney property. We've visited first aid in all four parks and never filled out a form.
As far as buying items in park stores, we were told a few years ago that there is one store in each of the lands that has stuff. You do have to ask. They do not advertise it at all. When we did ask in HS this summer, the CM politely said she could sell it to me, but I should just go to first aid since it's free there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom