Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

toonaspie

Good lord! I can't believe it might come down to either Indiana Jones or Zootopia replacing Dinoland.

Well...if I did have to choose (since I'm not thrilled about either of them)...I would say Indiana Jones...BUT theme the land to an Amazon rainforest with new animal exhibits and keep Indiana Jones theming to the Dinosaur ride and the Boneyard area. (Unfortunate that Disney will likely say no to adding new animals though.)

JustInTime

As I have said and explained thoroughly: there is no possible way to make Zootopia fit DAK. The world of Zootopia undermines nature and takes place in a world where it has become anthropic.

Indy could easily be skewed however. However not using dinosaurs... or poaching. Dinosaurs would obviously be out of place and feeds on the misconception that an aechaeologist is a paleontologist; they have nothing to do with one another and Indy could not care less about a dinosaur; not anymore than a doctor or a physicist would.

Instead, if you recall, DAK likes to examine man's relationship with nature. This is something that an archaeologist would study. Indy would be studying a relationship between a civilization (large or small) and an animal (real or fictional). Think almost E:E.
I have also explained throughly if Zootopia Is done the right way how it could fit. But I don’t hate your idea for Indy either.

lazyboy97o

Please explain to me how Zootopia could work in DAK without shoehorning it in by changing either the IP or the park.
Zootopia 2 can have a conservation message. It’ll relate to us because we are the different animals and it’ll relate to Disney’s Animal Kingdom because somebody will say “We need to save this rainforest!” Perfect fit! Just ignore all of the energy that must be wasted to make Tundra Town work.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
No, no it is not about animals. Zootopia us about human social issues. It exists in a world where nature is not existant; animals and everything that DAK celebrates do not exist, and have become what is essentially human society.
This is true but I don’t see how it’s disqualifying. They’re still bunnies and foxes. Should we toss out the Lion King show because it’s also completely based on human society - animals can’t talk, lions aren’t in charge of all the other animals, and male lions don’t run anything. What about the yeti? Or pandora? Mountains don’t really float. I genuinely don’t understand why one is not okay and the others are except that no one around here seems to like the Zootopia IP.

Walrus from Paris

Original Poster
I read them. I don’t agree.
This is true but I don’t see how it’s disqualifying. They’re still bunnies and foxes. Should we toss out the Lion King show because it’s also completely based on human society - animals can’t talk, lions aren’t in charge of all the other animals, and male lions don’t run anything. What about the yeti? Or pandora? Mountains don’t really float. I genuinely don’t understand why one is not okay and the others are except that no one around here seems to like the Zootopia IP.
What is it with the trolls lately? @The Mom

JustInTime

What is it with the trolls lately? @The Mom
Why? Because they disagree with you? How about we realize there is enough room for everyone’s opinions here. If there weren’t, there would be no reason to even have a discussion forum. The speculating and differing opinions is the best part of being here, imo. Just enjoy the ride (see what I did there?).

UNCgolf

They don't live in buildings and drive cars in the Lion King. I'll say it again -- Zootopia is no different than Robin Hood. It's just humans dressed up as animals living in human society (and again, let's get a Robin Hood dark ride! It's a great movie!)

I don't understand how someone can't grasp that concept. And no, I don't hate Zootopia. A Zootopia ride in the Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios would be great. It's just not a fit for Animal Kingdom.

Rich Brownn

I fully expect the sequels to kind of be built around the assumption you don't really care about Avatar 1 anymore. Like I wouldn't expect Jake Sully to really even have a large presence in the movie, there's a whole new cast of kids they are hoping will carry it. I think they'll really take the approach of "come see this brand new story set in the world of avatar" rather than playing into "all your favorite nav'i are back and blue-er than ever!"
The sequels focus on Jake and his family and all the clans including those on other moons - at least per James Cameron.

The Pho

They don't live in buildings and drive cars in the Lion King. I'll say it again -- Zootopia is no different than Robin Hood. It's just humans dressed up as animals living in human society.

I don't understand how someone can't grasp that concept. And no, I don't hate Zootopia. A Zootopia ride in the Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios would be great. It's just not a fit for Animal Kingdom.
Plus the whole not being able to show animals in the land since it wouldn’t make any sense.

Walrus from Paris

Original Poster
Why? Because they disagree with you? How about we realize there is enough room for everyone’s opinions here. If there weren’t, there would be no reason to even have a discussion forum. The speculating and differing opinions is the best part of being here, imo. Just enjoy the ride (see what I did there?).
What the person in question is talking about is not that they are okay without themed-design, but a fundamental misunderstanding of what that is. The way it is potrayed leads me to believe it's a person trolling. I really hope it's a troll and not actually someone that in denial. I love alternate opinions, but not when they are intent at misguiding or portraying things falsely, and then when presented with facts dismiss it. The person can want Zootopia in AK, but you can't say those problems don't exist, you can not care, but they don't go away.

Sums up the issue perfectly:
They don't live in buildings and drive cars in the Lion King. I'll say it again -- Zootopia is no different than Robin Hood. It's just humans dressed up as animals living in human society (and again, let's get a Robin Hood dark ride! It's a great movie!)

Last edited:

mguimond1990

If the new attraction is replacing dinoland ( which is much needed) then I’d prefer Indy over zootopia. If they are going to do zootopia I’d love for them to put it where rafikis planet watch is..itd be kinda cool to take the train to zootopia like in the movie. They could have it likes hogwarts express at universal. Just put screens in the windows. Anyways, I feel people’s pitchforks coming out so I’ll stop now 😂

JustInTime

What the person in question talking about is not that they are okay without themed-design, but a fundamental misunderstanding of what that is. The way it is potrayed leads me to believe it's a person trolling. I love alternate opinions, but not when they are intent at misguiding or portraying things falsely.

Sums up the issue perfectly:
Yes, but discrediting and tagging a moderator is silly. Again, this is why we are here. Opinions won’t get this thread locked but being rude and disrespectful might.

I personally want Dinoland expanded and improved but it’s just not looking good.

UNCgolf

If the new attraction is replacing dinoland ( which is much needed) then I’d prefer Indy over zootopia. If they are going to do zootopia I’d love for them to put it where rafikis planet watch is..itd be kinda cool to take the train to zootopia like in the movie. They could have it likes hogwarts express at universal. Just put screens in the windows. Anyways, I feel people’s pitchforks coming out so I’ll stop now 😂

They could never do that. The train doesn't have nearly enough capacity to shuttle people back and forth; people would be waiting for hours to both get there and to leave.

Walrus from Paris

Original Poster
A different POV does not necessarily make a poster a troll.
But there have been a lot of new posters joining the forums just to stir things up the past few days. These posters you're complaining about are not in that group.
Thanks for the clarification.

I apologise to @Castastone then, but I still hope you understand the topic instead of spreading misinformation.

JustInTime

Yes! It would work at the back of the park but the land would have to have a heavy plot that matches the theme of AK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom