Tomorrowland Overhaul Speculation

mickEblu

What if most of the building was sunk into the sub's show building space, and covered up in sub-lagoon-ish Matterhorn-ish Arendale-ish rockwork? And the canopy served double duty as Tomorrowland Terrace shading?

Not a bad idea but still seems too close to the Matterhorn for me. Ideally I’d like the majority of the building sunken underground of the Carrousel Theatre and Autopia Q n load real estate

mickEblu

Accidentally clicked the link to MiceChat instead of here and noticed someone put together the rumor of the Tomorrowland remodel with the lack of Ghost Galaxy’s return. Interesting conclusion.

Interesting. I’m not seeing the connection though unless Space Mountain went on the refurb list. I thought Ghost Galaxy not returning had more to do with keeping Hyperspace mountain around during SWLs “busy” opening and then for when Episode 9 is released in December.

TROR

I wouldn’t mind but then again I also don’t mind the Hyperspace overlay and think it has a lot of energy. Except when your inching up the lift hill going “light-speed.” Lol.
Hyperspace Mountain is a ton of fun but really feels like a prototype, conceptual coaster for a greater X-Wing attraction that never happened. Take the same story and structure but replace it with a launch, some real sets, and some real models, and it's a complete attraction in Galaxy's Edge.

mickEblu

Hyperspace Mountain is a ton of fun but really feels like a prototype, conceptual coaster for a greater X-Wing attraction that never happened. Take the same story and structure but replace it with a launch, some real sets, and some real models, and it's a complete attraction in Galaxy's Edge.

Exactly what it is.

Phroobar

Battle for Me
They made such a good ride with Hyperspace Mountain that I can't help but want to see a permanent version of the attraction with proper theming and a coaster specifically designed with the story in mind. It really would be so good!
Well, they do have space for it next to RotR. If they have to kill Pooh then so be it.

TROR

Battle for Me

Well, they do have space for it next to RotR. If they have to kill Pooh then so be it.
Not sure it’s enough space for an E-ticket coaster that wouldn’t impose on Rivers of America and feature a satisfying layout. It may be, though. Put X Wing coaster there, Star Tours in the other expansion pad, and Galaxy’s Edge is looking pretty solid.

mickEblu

Not sure it’s enough space for an E-ticket coaster that wouldn’t impose on Rivers of America and feature a satisfying layout. It may be, though. Put X Wing coaster there, Star Tours in the other expansion pad, and Galaxy’s Edge is looking pretty solid.

Why not switch em around. Star Tours where Pooh is. Coaster on the expansion pad.

EDIT: spatially Works better But not thematically

mickEblu

Unless of course we ve crash landed on Batuu and we re trying to get back to the travel agency. Queue changes but Starspeeder, R2 and C3Po AAs can be worked into new story.

EDIT: not sure why I’m calling it an agency. Spaceport?

Phroobar

Unless of course we ve crash landed on Batuu and we re trying to get back to the travel agency.

EDIT: not sure why I’m calling it an agency. Spaceport?
It's on the First Order side so it would have to look dark and repressive. It would need to look something like the space port in Solo. Lots of Stormtrooper watching and harassing the lines. The First Order watching everyone. We make a darning escape via a Star Speeder 4000 off Batuu only to be captured by the First Order and sent back home again.

full

f09d5bb310104703-Spaceportscene02AB.jpg

DavidDL

If they re-do tomorrowland, here is what i would like to see. the land divided into 3 segments, the first one going from the hub spoke to about where the entrance to star trader is and themed to transportation/make it feel like a port of entry into the the land with lots of kinetic energy. have the people mover boarding take up either star tours or or buzz and use whatever space is left in either building for new experiences. then, the back right hand corner where space and pizza port was could be themed to rocket and space flight training, the astro orbiter could be moved back up to the top and this is where you would board it, also you have space mountain and I would like them to use the circular building of the former innoventions to house an updated, two story mission: space style ride. I dunno, i see the shape of that building and i just feel like it would be a good fit. finally, i would like to see the back corner with the subs, autopia, monorail and train station to gain a kind of tomorrowland invetors expo type of feel where the inventors of the future are looking to the inventions of the past and attempting to make them better for the new era. example, someone created subs that allow you to translate what fish are saying, someone invented cars and roads that are so safe to drive that even a child can do it and finally, someone invented a way for a steam powered train to use that steam to go back in time! Just some random thoughts that I feel could be fun. hopefully they show us something, anything at all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom