Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

“being over-optimistic in an attempt to pack hotel rooms at peak Christmas rates, or waiting for the dead of winter to open what promises to be a very unreliable new ride.”

You gotta love doom and gloomer west coasters.

They also managed to put in a patented Mice Age dig at WDW by inidicating the are fools to be opening up ROTR they plan to as opposed to waiting until after the holidays like smart ol' Disneyland.

I'm a little surprised they didn't toss in some blame of TDO for the loss of the C-ticket ride, which they had done before.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Lutz and think this article is great but their regular insults of WDW always bothers me.

ParkPeeker

They also managed to put in a patented Mice Age dig at WDW by inidicating the are fools to be opening up ROTR they plan to as opposed to waiting until after the holidays like smart ol' Disneyland.

I'm a little surprised they didn't toss in some blame of TDO for the loss of the C-ticket ride, which they had done before.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Lutz and think this article is great but their regular insults of WDW always bothers me.
They actually did toss some blame to Orlando in the article xD

ParkPeeker

here's the blame on Orlando from the article "But its high cost made it an easy target for Bob Chapek, who used the concerns from WDW’s Operations team over its low capacity to cut it permanently from the land’s budget. "

To be fair I read something similar on mice chat and posted it here. Then someone who has sources on here (marni) liked my post
so it's credible?

I read on micechat that it had to do with an east coast manager not approving of it or something, so it got cut 🙁. I’ll try to find it. Idk how much we can trust that info though

actually I don't think it's really blaming orlando, more chapek

ParkPeeker

Do you know who wrote that article? Not exactly a “doom and gloomer”, just one of the most respected online Disney writers we’ve ever had. Not trying to sound like a jerk, apologies if it comes off that way.
I was poking fun at people here always calling critical posters "doom and gloomers" and always replying defensively(of disney) to them.
The article sounds like some of these critical posters on this site

If you read the rest of my post, you'll see I'm more on their (critical peeps) side ;)

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

In this case, the dig at TDO sounds entirely warranted.

Movielover

Just Popping in with today's healthy dose of triggering hard to swallow pills...

The Special Editions exist. The Prequel Trilogy exist. The Sequel Trilogy exist. And there are fans of all of them.

Have a nice day! GE is here to stay! ;)

Incomudro

This. Even if not in the streets, just build one and put it in a pen moving around.

Just like there is no reason not to have some droids moving back and forth along the elevated walkways. Jut putting a droid on a stick moving around wouldn't have been some budget buster.

That "kinetic energy" others have mentioned.

eddie104

In my opinion WDW operations concerns were very valid as far as having good capacity goes.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In my opinion WDW operations concerns were very valid as far as having good capacity goes.

Indeed.

That C-Ticket was pie in the sky stupidity. Slow moving Banthas on an elevated track? What part of that doesn't sound insane?

Or was it free standing Banthas that we saw in the artist's concept?

Or was it some other free standing Star Warsian beast of burden from the recent Imagineering video?

See, even the inside information of what this was supposed to be is bonkers.

People around here complain so bitterly and roll their eyes so disgustedly when Imagineering creates a low capacity ride. And here we are crying over the loss of a very low capacity ride.

And it also sounds a whole lot like people looking for more things to be critical of for the sake of a dog pile. And why does it sound like that? Precisely because they really don't know what it is that they're bemoaning this time around.

<sigh>

HauntedMansionFLA

Indeed.

That C-Ticket was pie in the sky stupidity. Slow moving Banthas on an elevated track? What part of that doesn't sound insane?

Or was it some other free standing Star Warsian beast of burden from the recent Imagineering video?

People around here complain so bitterly and roll their eyes so disgustedly when Imagineering creates a low capacity ride. And here we are crying over the loss of a very low capacity ride.

And it also sounds a whole lot like people looking for more things to be critical of for the sake of a dog pile. And why does it sound like that? Precisely because they really don't know what it is that they're bemoaning this time around.

<sigh>
I would have been happy with a people mover that went around the whole land.

ParkPeeker

Indeed.

<sigh>
But I've never seen anyone complain about imagineering creating low capacity C ticket rides.

I've seen people complain about low capacity E tickets, the big ones.

durangojim

Indeed.

<sigh>
Just to be a nerd, every says those were banthas, but on the computer dewbacks were shown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom