runDisney Star Wars Events

Texas84

Hello...Introducing myself...my name is Steve. , I ran the 10K in 2018, the 5K and 10K this year. I've signed up for the 5K, 10K, and 1/2 this year. I've done the Goofy twice once in 2008 and 2010, but in Feb of 2010 I was in a car accident and jacked up my back. I've also been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. The last 2 1/2 years I've been working my way back. I mostly walk, but I'm trying to get back to actually running. Looking forward to following this board.
Welcome! I've been doing runDisney for 10 years and might be winding down. We will see. Good luck on your comeback!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I don’t remember seeing blue for sell at the expo. Mine had a saying on it, like Every Mile is Magic or something similar.

The blue went fast, I believe.

My pink has the runDisney slogan, "every mile is magic"

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Hello...Introducing myself...my name is Steve. , I ran the 10K in 2018, the 5K and 10K this year. I've signed up for the 5K, 10K, and 1/2 this year. I've done the Goofy twice once in 2008 and 2010, but in Feb of 2010 I was in a car accident and jacked up my back. I've also been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. The last 2 1/2 years I've been working my way back. I mostly walk, but I'm trying to get back to actually running. Looking forward to following this board.

Welcome aboard, Steve.

Glad to hear you're getting back.

2 Goofys, that's impressive. This will be my 5th year doing SW. And I run all 3 races. Along with the other 3 race weekends.

There's a thread where you can brag about your Disney miles. Here's the link:

Just tell @Texas84 the total number of race miles you've run and he will add you to the list.

Looking forward to reading your posts.

HiJe

Registration seems to still be open for all of the races a week after it opened to everyone. I'm guessing this will mean it may be less attended than last year? Or am I wrong?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Registration seems to still be open for all of the races a week after it opened to everyone. I'm guessing this will mean it may be less attended than last year? Or am I wrong?

That's surprising. I would have thought with the announcement of the opening date for RoTR, registrations would pick up. Perhaps after the tepid opening of GE at DLR, people are holding off until the land opens at DHS.

Figment82

Just got back from the Galaxy’s Edge preview, and I really hope they’re able to modify the course to go through there because, wow! What fun it would be, especially if it’s still dark out (which I wouldn’t see due to my slow speed, but others would enjoy, lol!). The walkways are a lot wider than I expected, definitely no worse than the route through Pandora. Crossing my fingers that’s it’s able to happen!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Just got back from the Galaxy’s Edge preview, and I really hope they’re able to modify the course to go through there because, wow! What fun it would be, especially if it’s still dark out (which I wouldn’t see due to my slow speed, but others would enjoy, lol!). The walkways are a lot wider than I expected, definitely no worse than the route through Pandora. Crossing my fingers that’s it’s able to happen!

Fantastic!

Chet Dakota

If they do not plan the course through SWGE for the Star Wars themed runs (all of them), it would be the stupidest decision rD could ever make.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I just looked at the runDisney site - ALL races are still available?? I wonder why? I'm planning on living in FL by this race but I'm not ready to pull the trigger to sign up yet. I was shocked to see all races available including the 5k and 10ks

Chet Dakota

I just looked at the runDisney site - ALL races are still available?? I wonder why? I'm planning on living in FL by this race but I'm not ready to pull the trigger to sign up yet. I was shocked to see all races available including the 5k and 10ks
rD really needs to go back and start making the races more enjoyable and fun. The DLR races were fantastic, mainly because of the additional time running in the parks, and once you got outside, they had locals bands and the 501st Cosplayers almost every mile or two. It was special and fun. The WDW races are mainly on paved highways with no atmosphere, with very little park time. DAK offers the most park time and is fun to run now with Pandora part of the course.

They have to add more Star Wars atmosphere to the courses. Bring back the parties.

Make rD Races Great Again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom