News Disney Riviera Resort announced

Bocabear

Disney Vacation Cub offering a unique look at the making of Disney's Riviera Resort and a chance to win a stay at the new resort
I am sure they created a compelling narrative, but the truth was probably design a budget conscious hotel building, and then we will try to dress the box with a little theming...and then make up a story to support it...lol

trainplane3

I am sure they created a compelling narrative, but the truth was probably design a budget conscious hotel building, and then we will try to dress the box with a little theming...and then make up a story to support it...lol
It was 17 minutes with DVC ads every 2 minutes it felt like. There were some nice points made in the video and then others felt like they were forcing it.
For anyone that wants to watch the video without signing up for anything:
https://secure-prizelite.plcontent.com/dvc3/Content/enter/Videos/MemberVideo1.mp4
Click that and it should open in a new tab and play.

nickys

Premium Member
The full video or just the 30 second promo for it?

Ah.... :facepalm:

Oh well, here I go again. Time to have a chat with Member Services! Last time this happened they fixed it so I could watch without having to be “eligible” to enter the draw. Would it really be that hard to get it right? :banghead:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, August 8, 2019. The "RR" sign at the top of one of the resort towers has been installed. The "RR" sign has small light bulbs inside the letters.

IMG_1672.JPG

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm liking the hotel in terms of placement and the major bonus of the gondolas. Hopefully we can say goodbye to our timeshare at BLT and pickup the Riviera instead when it goes up for sale.
I’d advise against that...Caribbean is STILL Caribbean. And it was the most poorly designed hotel in wdw history. You’ll still get more from the other DVC sites in general.

They didn’t ACTUALLY put “RR” on the thing did they?
That’s gotta be a joke...I don’t remember a doubletree charging $30,000 upfront to stay there ever 😳

trainplane3

I’d advise against that...Caribbean is STILL Caribbean. And it was the most poorly designed hotel in wdw history. You’ll still get more from the other DVC sites in general.

They didn’t ACTUALLY put “RR” on the thing did they?
That’s gotta be a joke...I don’t remember a doubletree charging $30,000 upfront to stay there ever 😳
Thanks for bringing up a post from over two years ago. I'm pretty sure my opinion changed heavily on this hotel since then.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not sure what this has to do with my post...but alright then...
That’s what they built.

I wonder when people will realize that there are 75 or so hotels of equal or greater look/feel within 10 miles of LBV?...including bonnet creek which you can army crawl to from there...

All that “magic” from Hollywood bob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom