News Disney Villains After Hours coming to the Magic Kingdom

LuvWDW2

I’m on record for a sold out Villain night (the only one to my knowledge- Opening night) saying it wasn’t bad for the rides at all. There were line surges (PotC and Space at opening and Space at the very end) but everything else was fine (excluding 7DMT because we didn’t try). Was that because everyone was watching Villain stuff? Because we picked the right rides at the right time? All of the above?

I can’t compare to a regular DAH because I’ve never been. But compared to EMH the night prior, it was wonderful. So maybe certain DAH were incredibly undersold to get the OMG NO ONE IS HERE!!!! feeling. Until someone who has been to the sold out VAH and a sold out DAH chimes in, we may never know.

Villains0501

Went to this last week. We also did the Animal Kingdom After Hours the Monday prior. We much preferred the event at AK, despite some early rain showers. Got to ride Everest and FoP several times and even caught the beginning of RoL in a near empty auditorium.

I love the Villains (obviously) so this was a Stacey must-do. But it just didn't really work for us. It felt like Disney wasn't sure what it wanted to do with this - the Villains theme is meant to lure crowds, but the event's main conceit is low crowds, so... sort of a mixed message and experience. Pirates was crowded at the beginning of the evening (LOVED seeing Hector, though) and the hub never really emptied out because of the DJ (who barely played any Villain songs :mad:) and the show, which I already knew was going to be a mess from YouTube videos. The Queen's Hunstman kept dropping his axes and the repetition of that prophecy spiel got old fast. Why they only limited the stage show to five villain appearances and lots of silly stunts, I'll never know! We did love the Dismiss Goodnight at the train station, however. But there's someone at TDO who has a strange obsession with the Bowler Hat Guy from "Meet the Robinsons" - for such a middling villain, he seems to be in all the group villain park events now. Bring back Frollo!!

I got some merchandise but shopping at these events is never very fun - feels like Black Friday on steroids. They had a whole new line of Villain shirts which I had never seen before (and surprisingly have not seen yet on eBay despite standing behind a man in line buying several copies of each), which I think they'll likely also sell at MNSSHP.

Overall, yet again I feel disillusioned as a Villain fan. Why does Disney only insist on giving these great characters their due in limited-time only, very expensive events? It's very frustrating!!! Just build a Villain land in MK already, please!!

Animaniac93-98

$145/person for 3 hours?!? :eek:

What can approx $154.43 US (after tax) get you at the other Disney Parks?

3 Days at Tokyo Disney Resort [park hopping on 3rd day] ($166 USD)
Magic Access (Annual Pass) Silver at Hong Kong Disneyland ($163 USD)
2 Day Hopper at Disneyland Paris ($191 USD)
Sunday Annual Pass for Shanghai Disneyland ($184 USD)
1 Day Hopper at Disneyland California ($154 on value days)
WDW Water Park Annual Pass ($148)

How about some other parks?

2 Days at Universal Studios Hollywood ($149-$169 depending on date)
1 Day Park2Park Universal Orlando ($181 for value days)
1 Day EACH at SeaWorld Orlando/Busch Gardens Tampa with All-Day Dine ($165)

BUT this is a SUPER, EXTRA SPECIAL EXCLUSIVE EXPERIENCE that's only available for dozens of nights a year to thousands of people so it must be worth it! :rolleyes:

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
This comes out after most people should have already made their room and dining reservations. It just makes me wonder who the target audience is, people bad with money?
Have and ADR for California Grill, I think I’m sitting my next one out.

TBH after going to one in July which was “sold out” and very crowded, I don’t think I’d do one of these again. Maybe it will be better in February.

Animaniac93-98

This comes out after most people should have already made their room and dining reservations. It just makes me wonder who the target audience is, people bad with money?

This is a hard sell to get people to buy into something so they don't miss out on a "new" and "exclusive" offering.

But unlike boat rentals, mini golf or other activities that just happen to be there if you want to try, this one forces the park to close early and change your existing plans because Disney's top priority is squeezing more money out of roughly the same attendance levels.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Technically, five hours, since you can get in a 7 PM.
Which, to put it delicately, is bull plop. You want to throw regular guests out to sell the park twice? Then why should the people buying it the second time, encroach on the regular guests?

Party starts at 9. Then you can get in at 9.

But. Disney doesn't give a flip about guest experience.

Animaniac93-98

Which, to put it delicately, is bull plop. You want to throw regular guests out to sell the park twice? Then why should the people buying it the second time, encroach on the regular guests?

Party starts at 9. Then you can get in at 9.

But. Disney doesn't give a flip about guest experience.

And if you've already bought day admission, what value does that extra 2 hours give you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom