News Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom experiencing extended downtime

Monorail_Orange

So it’s closed now in time for D23 announcement of new AK ride... they pushed up the timeline due to UO announcing new park... and didn’t see a point doing a refurb on the ride now that they’ll be tearing it out?

One can dream.
Quite logical. A part problem (on the ride vehicles, as that would shut down both sides simultaneously) could also be holding things up, or the investigation of a clone in the UK which reportedly injured a young rider. There currently seems to be no information our insiders are able to share to clarify things for us, so we're all now beginning to just grunt, club, bludgeon one another.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

Quite logical. A part problem could also be holding things up, or the investigation of a clone in the UK which reportedly caused a young rider's death. There currently seems to be no information our insiders are able to share to clarify things for us, so we're all now beginning to just grunt, club, bludgeon one another.
Just to be clear, the young boy in the accident this year survived and has recovered quite nicely. :)

ToTBellHop

On back order at Home Depot:

ImperfectPixie

Well, that and the two deaths related to PW itself...but neither of those were riders. Unfortunately easy to get it all muddled!
It really is. I just started following this site a couple of years ago...it's getting easier as time goes by to keep the correct dots connected, lol. Probably helps that I run a Disney FB group too, so basically most of my free time is spent talking Disney related stuff.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Quite logical. A part problem (on the ride vehicles, as that would shut down both sides simultaneously) could also be holding things up, or the investigation of a clone in the UK which reportedly injured a young rider. There currently seems to be no information our insiders are able to share to clarify things for us, so we're all now beginning to just grunt, club, bludgeon one another.

At least it's not the poo storm that's in progress on Pete W's Facebook group... Conspiracy hounds are claiming that Reverchon Industries went out of business.

ImperfectPixie

At least it's not the poo storm that's in progress on Pete W's Facebook group... Conspiracy hounds are claiming that Reverchon Industries went out of business.
That's a common misconception. People equate filing for bankruptcy with going out of business, but one is not always the result of the other. Hell, I made the same mistake in my own group until someone here clarified...but I made sure to post the correction.

Monorail_Orange

Yeah, in the last 15 pages it was brought up that Jim Hill said that as well, but that started because there was a bankruptcy a few years back, and although people assumed it did, the company did not go out of business.

lazyboy97o

Blame Jim Hill. For a guy who has been doing his thing for so long it is amazing how he can be so clueless about aspects of the amusement industry. Even if Reverchon was no more, there is a whole little industry around supporting rides from defunct manufacturers.

Cmdr_Crimson

It could be, but they’re two separate rides. It seems odd that a single part would close down the ride unless both were deemed unusable at the same time. They’re also fairly stock rides, so a parts shortage seems odd as well. Waiting out an investigation out of caution would explain no visible work, both sides being down and the timeline.
They should ask Fun Spot....They have the exact same ride ....Minus the theming.
15272249024_0509e942db_b.jpg

lazyboy97o

Interesting since it's the same ride layout..It does bring up the mystery that they are trying to keep this on life support as the company Reverchon Industries who made PEW went bankrupt 11 years ago...
Vekoma filed for bankruptcy 18 years ago and they’re building two coasters at Walt Disney World. Reverchon is still in business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom