News Dismal Q3 Earnings

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Since The Last Jedi everything Star Wars is either trending down or has not met expectations.

DVD Sales, Solo, Merchandise, Galaxy's Edge.

Would not shock me if Kathleen Kennedy is gonzo soon.
Correct. All of it.
It’s now a troubled IP...again...

The rumor was nobody could be found to replace her.

I’ll be in LFL’s neighborhood tomorrow. I wouldn’t be shocked to see that she actually doesn’t have an office anymore...just a name tag and voicemail. 😎

jt04

He left some:..but that is also heavily revisionist. Iger has mooched off that infrastructure and not done a great deal of expansion upon it.

You might be showing your age with that comment. It’s an oversimplification at best

You didn't think this through. Nobody except you can be blind to the investments in infrastructure in the last 10 years.

WDW Pro

Since The Last Jedi everything Star Wars is either trending down or has not met expectations.

Kathleen stocked Lucasfilm with partisan loyalists for the past many years, and nobody wants to go in there and clean it up. You're just asking to be backstabbed and ridiculed if you take the job.

Mouse Trap

Kathy's job is more than safe. If TROS bombs though she'll be in hot water and I'd expect her to step down and begin her own independent production co.

Magenta Panther

Iger's been throwing money around like candy, buying up stuff like 20th Century Fox (what the heck for, when he's already got Star Wars - a franchise that's pretty much played out, by the way, and mishandled on top of that) while cynically cutting back on ride development and hiking prices in the parks. My guess is that Star Wars fans have cooled on the franchise after Solo and Last Jedi. And regular park-goers are fed up with the price hikes. Iger needs to learn that you can't keep preying on your customers without paying a price yourself. I hope it gets worse for him. And that he's shown the door ASAP and a better CEO is chosen to replace him (when you wish upon a star...)

Mouse Trap

Correct. All of it.
It’s now a troubled IP...again...

The rumor was nobody could be found to replace her.

I’ll be in LFL’s neighborhood tomorrow. I wouldn’t be shocked to see that she actually doesn’t have an office anymore...just a name tag and voicemail. 😎

"Nobody could be found to replace her" :banghead:

DisneyCane

Over saturation. They never should have done the "origin stories" in between the main 3rd trilogy. They should have waited for those until after the main story was complete.

Mouse Trap

Over saturation. They never should have done the "origin stories" in between the main 3rd trilogy. They should have waited for those until after the main story was complete.

It thrived as an "event" series/film and needs to be kept that way.

Also a bit of market research would've been nice. Everyone was asking for an adventures of Chewy/Han series, but somehow that got turned into the never desired origin story.

Villains0501

But how do you explain Marvel's continued box office dominance despite a steadier, more frequent output of films over Lucasfilm? People have latched onto the notion that Star Wars is narrower in scope than Marvel and has less opportunity for narrative diversity, but I really don't think that's true. If people haven't tired of good, albeit repetitive, Marvel films, then they won't tire of good Star Wars. But good Star Wars has always been a rarity. Like catching lightning in a bottle or successfully firing a proton torpedo down a thermal exhaust port.

mgf

104864160-GettyImages-880238798.jpg

Ok, but can we focus on the real critical issue for a minute? Who thought this shirt was a good idea?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom