News Bongo's at Disney Springs closing later this year

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
can you please describe this volcano cake??
Pure deliciousness. Soft chocolate brownies with chocolate syrups, vanilla ice cream, and whip cream. Shareable with family.
9F6E7B40-567C-47FD-9C15-48BCB8C5E64E.jpeg

That and the spicy pasta are my favorite

chama1

When Bongo's opened I went the food was good then but the pricing was too high...loved the dancing in the evening...then the service/food went "south"....but the prices went up...haven't been there for a long time...found El Campo Restaurant...close by....

Bocabear

I’d love for a Padrinos to go in there
Padrinos?! A chain Cuban restaurant replacing a chain Cuban restaurant that is owned by a celebrity...
I don't think it would be any more successful than Bongos was(n't).. It certainly would be a downgrading of the space... You have Spanish Tapas right next door... Needs to be something more unique
Disney Springs currently has:
Mexican
Spanish
Japanese
Italian
Irish
Steakhouse
Food Truck (Planet Hollywood)
Food Trucks literally
Southern Cuisine
Seafood(several)_
Chicken Sandwiches
Hot Dogs and Sausages
Everything Restaurants (Rainforest Cafe, T Rex)
BBQ
Pizza
Burgers
Ice Cream
Bakery
Only thing I see missing from the list really is something Southeast Asian...like Thai
or a Churrascaria...which I assume will be coming to EPCOT with the Brazil pavilion (if built)...

tribbleorlfl

All I know is I fondly remember the Guiness record batch of Paella they made for the West Side grand opening in the courtyard and the mutiple to-go clamshells full of food they sent us home with.

raymusiccity

Melting Pot anyone
Padrinos?! A chain Cuban restaurant replacing a chain Cuban restaurant that is owned by a celebrity...
I don't think it would be any more successful than Bongos was(n't).. It certainly would be a downgrading of the space... You have Spanish Tapas right next door... Needs to be something more unique
Disney Springs currently has:
Mexican
Spanish
Japanese
Italian
Irish
Steakhouse
Food Truck (Planet Hollywood)
Food Trucks literally
Southern Cuisine
Seafood(several)_
Chicken Sandwiches
Hot Dogs and Sausages
Everything Restaurants (Rainforest Cafe, T Rex)
BBQ
Pizza
Burgers
Ice Cream
Bakery
Only thing I see missing from the list really is something Southeast Asian...like Thai
or a Churrascaria...which I assume will be coming to EPCOT with the Brazil pavilion (if built)...
Sometimes a 'checklist' is superfluous when it comes to brick and mortar businesses. Sort of like multiple shoe stores or children's clothing stores. Foot traffic spreads customers out to all of the quality locations. You can't look at a steak house (or any other foodie attraction) and say 'one and done'.

Disstevefan1

Although we never dined in Bongos, we always did the take out window. We may be in the minority, but we loved the take out there.

Casper Gutman

I’ve only visited (and eaten at) the new Disney Springs a couple times, but all of the newer restaurants just sort of blur together in my mind. They just don’t seem particularly distinct, especially not for a themed vacation destination like WDW.

DisneyDebRob

Our view for the last week has been looking right at Bongos and with the spotlights on it through the early morning hours, I knew the demolition would probably start soon. It just has with the back wall being taken down.

Posted this in the other thread, realized it was better here. Sorry.

Attachments

• 4F0C37EB-96A8-4811-91DD-CA26554DC947.jpeg
    4F0C37EB-96A8-4811-91DD-CA26554DC947.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 343

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom