Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

trainplane3

Anyone else feel that the quickness the new Universal park is built is directly related to Disney’s construction pace? Gotta compete, right?
Thing is, it'll be hard to compete construction speed-wise when your neighbor is going to eat up a nice size of the Orlando contractor/construction companies.

FigmentFan82

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but...

After Disney put all of that effort into explaining how Pandora fits DAK’s theme of “the intrinsic value of nature,” how can they do such a quick 180 and put in an IP about animals *representing* humans rather than the actual animal world? DAK is the only WDW park with a coherent underlying theme throughout, which is something that helps differentiate Disney from the competition at a particularly important time for doing so. Are they really going to shoot themselves in the foot again?
True the topic has been hotly debated. I think the poster simply felt the execs might lean into Zootopia as it would be an easy option. R&D is already done for it in the international park. They’ve shown to be into cloning at the moment (Tron, MMRR). I don’t think many disagree with the “it doesn’t fit” perspective, but it’d be hard not to think they’d try it anyway

MotherOfBirds

I'm honestly surprised that RPW and the train aren't first in line on the chopping block. That's a whole lot of unused real estate. I'd imagine that they'd rather have more attractions up and running before bulldozing half of Dinoland.

I'm also curious to see how Universal's JP additions would affect a Dinoland expansion. Would they be more likely to move closer to the JP aesthetic or go hard on a wildly different theme? I'd still like to see an attraction for prehistoric megafauna, but I'm not holding my breath.

flyerjab

I knew I shouldn’t have said anything! I’ve no idea if anything will be announced or is remotely near green light.

I just wouldn’t be surprised if something was mentioned.

Haha! Typical day in the life of @marni1971.

Random poster posts something = like, like, like

Martin doesn’t even fully corroborate post in his reply = like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, etc...

doctornick

Internally, Disney has worried about the third (or fourth:facepalm:) Universal park. This ride is not a knee-jerk reaction to Uni’s prideful announcement a few days ago, but a thought-out plan to continue to bolster up the resort—corporate espionage is golden my friends.

It’s pretty much a go, and barring a Brazil pavilion situation, should be announced this month at D23.

I personally believe it’ll be received as a solid addition to the park, barring the purists.

Wait...did I miss something? What is the Brazil pavilion situation?

I think that comment is relating to how the Brazil pavilion was going to be announced at D23 2017 but was pulled from the presentation at relatively the last moment.

Ravenclaw78

I'm honestly surprised that RPW and the train aren't first in line on the chopping block. That's a whole lot of unused real estate. I'd imagine that they'd rather have more attractions up and running before bulldozing half of Dinoland.

They tried shutting down RPW and the train already. Customer outrage was so intense that they not only didn't shut it down permanently, they refurbished and reopened permanently.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Martin doesn’t even fully corroborate post in his reply = like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like, etc...

Oh, we don't like his posts at all. It's just operant conditioning to get him to spill more secrets.

Stripes

@marni1971 Do you have "like alerts" turned off, or do you enjoy waking up to 100+ likes in the morning? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom