News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Incomudro

Have you never ridden the buses, ferries, or monorails?

I don’t think people will be allowed to stand in the gondolas, so they will be far less packed than the other modes of transportation at the end of the night.

I ride the NYC subway 5 days a week - been doing it for over 34 years.
There's a difference.
It's the intimacy of the vessel.

Ravenclaw78

Let's not bring her into this. That poor, poor abused mom. 😬🤣😒:joyfull:

This is way off topic, but I feel like I should have sympathy for her, and I just can't bring myself to. I've probably melted down as often as my kid has at Disney World (which I am not proud of, but I own up to), but I don't go on an obscene tirade on social media blaming someone else for my own ill-advised choices.

note2001

This is way off topic, but I feel like I should have sympathy for her, and I just can't bring myself to. I've probably melted down as often as my kid has at Disney World (which I am not proud of, but I own up to), but I don't go on an obscene tirade on social media blaming someone else for my own ill-advised choices.
It may not be that far from off topic when the gondolas open and we have these sort of people screaming about something silly that is all common sense:
Yes, gondolas leave the ground, they're never "on the ground".
Yes, they may sway in the wind.
Yes, it gets dark at night.

How many warning signs does Disney need to put out to advise people of what most of us take for obvious?

In that mom's case it was "Yes, you are not the only person in this park. Have a magical day."

Creathir

So for whatever this is worth...

I was talking with my DVC Guide yesterday and they of course were actively pushing the Riviera.

Part of her pitch was that “nothing beats a private gondola ride back to the resort”

It may have just been her impression, but it was definitely pointed out that it was a private ride. Perhaps they will be trying to keep them private except when lines get long?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I was talking with my DVC Guide yesterday and they of course were actively pushing the Riviera.

Part of her pitch was that “nothing beats a private gondola ride back to the resort”

It may have just been her impression, but it was definitely pointed out that it was a private ride. Perhaps they will be trying to keep them private except when lines get long?

This will be the beginning of the French (Riviera) Rebellion!!

joelkfla

I would put little stock in anything said by a timeshare salesperson. If it's not in the contract, it's puffery.

gerarar

Premium Member
I remember a couple years ago when I rode the Peak2Peak Gondolas at Whistler Mt in BC, we waited around 10 mins for our "private ride". And those gondolas were huge! They were doing it for every party/group.
So I can imagine Disney doing the same thing here unless absolutely necessary if lines get backed and bogged up. Then again, the Skyliner gondalas seem to be/are always coming into the stations constantly every 10 or so seconds, compared to the Whistler gondolas.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
How many of these brave test pilots perished?
All but 1. Here is a picture of the loan survivor.

285D293A-8E5C-4524-BCE8-C918086B0D78.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom