Trip Report Family Fun in the Hot, Hot Florida Sun!!

Hello All!! I'm back(unfortunately) from yet another wonderful trip to Walt Disney World. Lot's of fun & sweat(not trying to be gross but wow, was it ever nasty) was had by all!! Speaking of all--let me introduce you to our party of 10!! Most of these faces will be familiar to you but there are a few new ones in the mix!! I'll try to do this as simply as possible--
455035665.jpeg

From left to right(somewhat): My sister C, my niece E(C & D's daughter), R(not sure why he's looking so miserable) & myself, in front of me(white shirt) is my niece B, in the green is E's niece L, my niece A(C & D's youngest) is wearing the blue glasses(when she remembers to put them on--her last trip to Disney prior to this one she actually left them at homeo_O), then we have "the same old crew" E & J, and last but certainly not least is my BIL D.
Whew--I'm glad you've met most of these people in the past--otherwise this could get very confusing!!:p

C's family was there June 13th-27th. They stayed the first week at their timeshare right outside of Disney. They spent their second week at our favorite home away from home. The rest of us were there June 18th-25th.

I'm looking forward to reliving the trip with you all--everything but the heat that is!! A big welcome to everyone reading out there!!:)

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 25TH

As we were checking out B noticed the sketches on the counter. We both agreed they were very cute.
IMG_2337.JPEG

If I was still in school I would so have this backpack!!
IMG_2338.JPEG

We headed to the Christmas store.
IMG_2339.JPEG

I had texted E but hadn't heard from her for awhile. I texted her again when we were on our way to the Christmas store. It was still quite some time before she responded but then I realized that she was a bit preoccupied.
IMG_2474.jpeg

J ended up throwing up in World of Disney. He got a little on himself, E & C but most of it was on the floor. They said the CM's were so nice. They asked if he needed medical attention & told E to pick out a new outfit(including shoes) for J. She declined everything. She said he really didn't have that much on him so it wasn't necessary. They also asked E & C if they would like new shirts. Again, they declined. E said she felt bad about the mess he had made on the floor.

B got her mom a HM ornament. Her mom wanted Chip 'N Dale nutcrackers & I thought for sure the Christmas store would have them but they said they were out of them & usually only have them around Christmas time. I didn't quite get that--it's a Christmas store, why wouldn't you have them all year round??
IMG_2340.JPEG

I remembered reading in someone's TR about the PP spot so we stopped there. There was no one in line so we didn't wait long at all.
459558829.jpeg

459558891.jpeg

459558977.jpeg

459559012.jpeg

459559419.jpeg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 25TH

I really wanted lunch from Earl of Sandwich so that was the last place that we went.
IMG_2342.JPEG

I love the Italian sandwich!!
IMG_2343.JPEG

@Tuvalu I finally got the chocolate chip cookie!! Delicious!!
IMG_2345.JPEG

B was somewhat full from breakfast so she just got a bag of chips & a frozen lemonade.
IMG_2346.JPEG

I witnessed yet another case of bad behavior. The lady in the booth behind us felt that it was ok to change her kids out of their swimsuits right there:jawdrop:
IMG_2347.JPEG

We took the boat back to POR.
IMG_2348.JPEG

IMG_2349.JPEG

Treehouse Villas
IMG_2350.JPEG

French Quarter
IMG_2351.JPEG

Back to Riverside!
IMG_2353.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 25TH

I'll admit I was getting a little teary-eyed at this point.
IMG_2354.JPEG

IMG_2355.JPEG

IMG_2356.JPEG

IMG_2357.JPEG

We met up with everyone at The Riverside Mill. Poor J wasn't feeling well at all.
IMG_2358.JPEG

C got a Pimento BLT for lunch. It looked really good. We had a few meals left so I gave C one of my bands & told her to use them up.
IMG_2359.JPEG

Poor J. He wanted to sleep. We thought maybe he threw up from the heat but he also had a fever so we figured it was some sort of virus.
IMG_2361.JPEG

I did my traditional "farewell to Riverside" walk. Even though it felt like it was a million degrees I had to do it.
IMG_2362.JPEG

IMG_2363.JPEG

IMG_2364.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 25TH

The kids played in the arcade for a little while.
IMG_2366.JPEG

Then it was time for us to head outside. C, D, E, & A still had a few more days there. C was upset that we were leaving & she was crying.
IMG_2367.JPEG

IMG_2368.JPEG

Why is the TE always right on time??
IMG_2369.JPEG

IMG_2370.JPEG

Bye Riverside:cry:
IMG_2371.JPEG

We made a stop at Fort Wilderness then we were on our way.
IMG_2372.JPEG

Our driver was simply the nicest person you ever met!
IMG_2374.JPEG

You got that right!!
IMG_2375.JPEG

I smile every time I read this so I took a picture of it. I'm glad I did. Now that the store is going to be remodeled I wonder if this will still be there.
IMG_2376.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 25TH

So, we all had precheck except L. I told E that I would stay with L so that she didn't have to stand in a long line with J being sick.
IMG_2377.JPEG

And a long line it was....
IMG_2378.JPEG

Ok-what contraband was L carrying?
IMG_2379.JPEG

I'm glad she thinks it's funny!!
IMG_2380.JPEG

Really?? And this was only some of it.
IMG_2381.JPEG

She didn't understand the issue b/c she claims that the same stuff was in her bag on the way down. I kind of find that hard to believe....
IMG_2382.JPEG

I had B get something to eat since she didn't really eat lunch.
IMG_2383.JPEG

Captain Barbossa

The only reason I was excited to go to DS was to ride a Disney bus one last time!! I know it might sound strange but I really enjoy Disney buses!! They make me smile!!
I know exactly what you mean! So glad that I’m not the only one who loves the buses! There’s just something about them. I always get excited whenever we arrive on property and I see the first one.

Hello everybody & welcome aboard the Walt Disney World Transportation System.....
.....We’re on our way to the Magic Kingdom! For your safety and the safety of others, please remain seated while the motor coach is in motion. If you’re standing, please use the handrails above or to the side. We also ask that you please refrain from eating, drinking, and smoking while onboard the motor coach. Now sit back, relax, and let us do the driving. We’ll be there soon!

I know the spiel by heart. :hilarious:

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 25TH

R had asked me to get him a Sprite while I was taking B to get food. I brought it back & sat down next to him. The next thing I know it looked like we were at The Fountain of Nations. R went to open the Sprite bottle & it exploded. R was absolutely drenched. I got sprayed with quite a bit of it. The guy sitting across from us even got sprayed with it. It was so embarrassing!!
IMG_2385.JPEG

These pictures don't even show how soaked R really was.
IMG_2386.JPEG

IMG_2387.JPEG

We apologized to the guy sitting across from us. He joked to R & said he saw me shaking the bottle the whole way to the seat.
IMG_2390.JPEG

BTW--that guy was Lou Holtz!!
IMG_2391.JPEG

There's R after he cleaned himself up.
IMG_2392.JPEG

R had said that while I was with B lots of people were coming up to him talking football or asking for pictures & autographs. I asked R if he talked to him & he said no & he surely wasn't going to now!! He was embarrassed by the whole incident!!
IMG_2393.JPEG

IMG_2394.JPEG

When we landed I went to change the weather on my phone to Pittsburgh.
I already missed Disney but I surely did not miss this!!
IMG_2395.PNG

R & I both agreed that we felt cold that evening. The 60's aren't cold temps in the least but I guess we weren't used to them & it actually felt chilly!!
IMG_2396.PNG

Look at that--rain 7 out of 9 days. Who would have thought?? :joyfull:

Well, that about wraps up this TR!! I hope you enjoyed meeting the family & I didn't confuse you too much. Don't worry the next adventure will just be "the same old crew." It will be much easier to follow!! Thank you all for following along!! I enjoy reliving my trips with all of you. Having the interaction with you is really the best part & makes it so much fun!! 21 days from today we'll be in the skies & on our way so I'll see ya real soon!!

Rista1313

TUESDAY, JUNE 25TH

R had asked me to get him a Sprite while I was taking B to get food. I brought it back & sat down next to him. The next thing I know it looked like we were at The Fountain of Nations. R went to open the Sprite bottle & it exploded. R was absolutely drenched. I got sprayed with quite a bit of it. The guy sitting across from us even got sprayed with it. It was so embarrassing!!
View attachment 394665

View attachment 394666

View attachment 394667

We apologized to the guy sitting across from us. He joked to R & said he saw me shaking the bottle the whole way to the seat.
View attachment 394668

View attachment 394669

View attachment 394670

R had said that while I was with B lots of people were coming up to him talking football or asking for pictures & autographs. I asked R if he talked to him & he said no & he surely wasn't going to now!! He was embarrassed by the whole incident!!
View attachment 394671

View attachment 394672

View attachment 394673

R & I both agreed that we felt cold that evening. The 60's aren't cold temps in the least but I guess we weren't used to them & it actually felt chilly!!
View attachment 394674

Well, that about wraps up this TR!! I hope you enjoyed meeting the family & I didn't confuse you too much. Don't worry the next adventure will just be "the same old crew." It will be much easier to follow!! Thank you all for following along!! I enjoy reliving my trips with all of you. Having the interaction with you is really the best part & makes it so much fun!! 21 days from today we'll be in the skies & on our way so I'll see ya real soon!!

Thanks for taking the time to write them. It is nice to have something to look back on with my own trips and reflect upon what worked, and what didn't, and how much fun we had... it's only been a year and a half, but I feel like it was a lifetime ago since we were there! So I live vicariously through all of the TR's on this site.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know exactly what you mean! So glad that I’m not the only one who loves the buses! There’s just something about them. I always get excited whenever we arrive on property and I see the first one.
I know the feeling!!
.....We’re on our way to the Magic Kingdom! For your safety and the safety of others, please remain seated while the motor coach is in motion. If you’re standing, please use the handrails above or to the side. We also ask that you please refrain from eating, drinking, and smoking while onboard the motor coach. Now sit back, relax, and let us do the driving. We’ll be there soon!

I know the spiel by heart. :hilarious:
:D
I’ve never seen that quote before! Time to search Etsy because I need it somewhere in my house! 😂
It was in the Earport store but I would be willing to bet it's going to be gone with the refurb. That's a great idea!!

NutsForFlorida

TUESDAY, JUNE 25TH

View attachment 394665

View attachment 394666

View attachment 394667

View attachment 394668

View attachment 394669

View attachment 394670

View attachment 394671

View attachment 394672

View attachment 394673

View attachment 394674

I'm a huge Notre Dame fan. So cool that you met Coach Holtz.

Tiggertoo56

TUESDAY, JUNE 25TH

I told B we could go in any stores that she wanted. She pretty much just wanted to go to World of Disney & the Christmas store to get something for her mom.
View attachment 394596

View attachment 394597

View attachment 394598

View attachment 394599

I thought the way this changed was pretty neat.
View attachment 394600

View attachment 394601

There was a lot of patriotic merchandise out.
View attachment 394602

I bought this shirt for B's mom.
View attachment 394603

B got that cup for her sister, H.
View attachment 394604

And she bought this for herself.
View attachment 394605
I got that cup too - it's at work with me and it confuses a lot of people.
Reads like you had a brilliant trip.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Loved the pictures of you and B together on the last day. And I love your TRs - I think I mentioned once that it is because of your TRs that we picked POR for our stay at the end of the year. And each time I read one of your TRs I get even more excited to discover it for myself 😀

Captain Barbossa

Sorry to hear about J getting sick at the end. I hope the little guy was feeling better once y’all got home.

That’s so cool! I remember you telling me that you had a football related story at the end. He lives in Orlando so that definitely explains why y’all saw him.

I’m more than familiar with Lou Holtz. He came out of retirement to be the HC at Carolina (USC) and was there for 6 seasons before retiring for a 2nd time. (hasn’t coached since) We (Clemson) went 5-1 against Carolina while Holtz was there.

I really enjoyed your TR! It was nice to meet some more of the family! I still don’t have everyone learned yet, but I’m getting there. Will be glad though when it’s just you, E, and J next time. :hilarious: Looking forward to your next TR! :)

debpeduz

I LOVED this trip report! My family has gone to Disney every year for the last 29 years and my family logged many stays at POR (mostly when it was still Dixie Landings). We haven’t stayed there in a while but it brought back some great memories for me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom