News Disney's Earport shop in Orlando International Airport now closed for redesign

HoldenC

I went in this store for the first time last month and was aghast at how disgustingly OLD it felt. The lighting was dark and unwelcoming, those tacky plastic "props" scream late 1990's, and it just was not a good representation of WDW. I am thrilled to see it get similar treatment to WOD. I wish I knew who was in charge of these fantastic redesigns so I could personally thank them.

Brer Oswald

I went in this store for the first time last month and was aghast at how disgustingly OLD it felt. The lighting was dark and unwelcoming, those tacky plastic "props" scream late 1990's, and it just was not a good representation of WDW. I am thrilled to see it get similar treatment to WOD. I wish I knew who was in charge of these fantastic redesigns so I could personally thank them.
I personally don’t understand the appeal. I guess if “plain white box” screams Disney to you, it makes sense.

HoldenC

I personally don’t understand the appeal. I guess if “plain white box” screams Disney to you, it makes sense.
Except its not plain white box. The new stores have been truly upgrades to the predecessor. But not everyone has modern aesthetic taste, it's cool 😎

Brer Oswald

Except its not plain white box. The new stores have been truly upgrades to the predecessor. But not everyone has modern aesthetic taste, it's cool 😎
The only one that isn’t like that is WoD, and in that case, the walls are just standard bricks. Nothing about that screams modern or interesting. It’s minimalist in a low budget way.

ImperfectPixie

I’d be down for a redesign if it was actually interesting. But go ahead, be a contrarian. Shout “boomer” and “dated” at everyone who doesn’t auto-praise the new designs. Contrary to popular belief, New isn’t always better.
I agree 100% that new isn't always better. Neither is minimalist modern...I'm sure many adults love it, but to a kid it just seems like an expensive museum.

KBLovedDisney

I agree 100% that new isn't always better. Neither is minimalist modern...I'm sure many adults love it, but to a kid it just seems like an expensive museum.
I like minimalist designs, same with modern. But I also like Disney's artsy designs, especially the older ones. I just don't feel like they are really connecting Disney artsy with minimalist modernistic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom