Trip Report Family Fun in the Hot, Hot Florida Sun!!

Hello All!! I'm back(unfortunately) from yet another wonderful trip to Walt Disney World. Lot's of fun & sweat(not trying to be gross but wow, was it ever nasty) was had by all!! Speaking of all--let me introduce you to our party of 10!! Most of these faces will be familiar to you but there are a few new ones in the mix!! I'll try to do this as simply as possible--
455035665.jpeg

From left to right(somewhat): My sister C, my niece E(C & D's daughter), R(not sure why he's looking so miserable) & myself, in front of me(white shirt) is my niece B, in the green is E's niece L, my niece A(C & D's youngest) is wearing the blue glasses(when she remembers to put them on--her last trip to Disney prior to this one she actually left them at homeo_O), then we have "the same old crew" E & J, and last but certainly not least is my BIL D.
Whew--I'm glad you've met most of these people in the past--otherwise this could get very confusing!!:p

C's family was there June 13th-27th. They stayed the first week at their timeshare right outside of Disney. They spent their second week at our favorite home away from home. The rest of us were there June 18th-25th.

I'm looking forward to reliving the trip with you all--everything but the heat that is!! A big welcome to everyone reading out there!!:)

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, JUNE 24TH

That was it--we were done. The thought of staying at the park any longer did not cross our minds. We started making our way out to meet up with everyone else.
IMG_2230.JPEG

The parade was getting ready to start so we walked through the shops on our way out.
IMG_2231.JPEG

I was glad we did b/c it reminded me that I needed to buy a pair of earrings. I had a pair of hoops that I bought at Pandora a few years ago. I had a Mickey charm on each one. For what they cost they were a disappointment. I've had to take them back to replace them b/c they broke once. A few weeks before we were leaving one of them broke in two pieces & I lost the charm that was on it. I figured I would look to see if they had a pair of hoops that were a little sturdier. I was going to go to the Pandora store here but then I decided to wait until I was in Disney b/c I could get 20% off with the AP. I happened to stumble on these before I made it to the Pandora part of the store & I really liked them so I bought these instead.
IMG_2232.JPEG

We walked through the Confectionary. I love these mugs!!
IMG_2233.JPEG

I told everyone to pick out a treat--& to eat it quick b/c it wouldn't last long in the heat!!
IMG_2234.JPEG

I went with the S'Mores Square. It started melting immediately!!
IMG_2235.JPEG

Bye MK!! Sorry we didn't stay longer!!
IMG_2237.JPEG

We were meeting up with everyone at the Outer Rim.
IMG_2238.JPEG

I so needed this!! I tried getting my new earrings in the picture also but I failed.
IMG_2240.JPEG

Everyone was happy to sit down & get out of the heat for awhile!!
IMG_2242.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
So exciting!!!
Yes--I'm so happy!!
Love my Disney ducks! 😍 I know they can be pests but I adore them. (I blame my dad for taking mine away lol)
On the yoga- know what ya mean. I did a cardio 2 hour class with my son’s Tae Kwon Do instructor, who is insane... (workout wise) and I hung my head out the whole ride home. My arms and legs felt like noodles they were so shaky.
If you are still there when I get there- in 27 days... look for us!!
Edit, I see you are not going to be. :( Have fun though!!
The reason they can be pests is b/c of people like R feeding them when they're not supposed to. I don't blame the ducks for hanging around. I'm sure they eat pretty good throughout the course of the day!!
2 hours!!!! I give you all the credit in the world!! I don't think I could live to tell about it!!
I wish I could still be there then!! Thanks--you also!!:)

DisneyGigi

Yes--I'm so happy!!

The reason they can be pests is b/c of people like R feeding them when they're not supposed to. I don't blame the ducks for hanging around. I'm sure they eat pretty good throughout the course of the day!!
2 hours!!!! I give you all the credit in the world!! I don't think I could live to tell about it!!
I wish I could still be there then!! Thanks--you also!!:)
I never did it again lol he still teases me about it to this day.

AKemily

On Thursday while hard at work I checked my personal email:p(in all fairness some work things come to that email). I see that at 11:02 I got the email invite for the Star Wars Passholder Preview. It was 11:04 so I thought there might be a chance so I tried to register. Stitch ate the page more times than I could count & I kept "waiting in line" forever. Don't worry--I worked while all this was going on:D I wasn't really concerned if I got it or not b/c I haven't as much as seen a Star Wars movie a day in my life. I looked at it as getting it would be an excuse to have to go to Disney;) At one point I saw something on the screen that I hadn't seen before & I got a little excited. Finally, at 12:25 E, J & I were registered for the event!!

I called E and she told me she didn't think they were going to go. I figured I would go by myself for a super short trip so I started looking up flights & room rates. I was ok with going by myself but I wasn't totally thrilled. As the day went on I kept thinking about how disappointed I was that J wouldn't be there. The heck with my sister but I knew I would miss him!! That evening she was at my house & as I was sneaking J Skittles & jelly beans🤫 it took all it had in me to keep my mouth shut. I wanted so bad to plant a bug in his ear about being able to go to SWGE & hoped he would work on his mom. But, I kept quiet b/c I didn't want him to be disappointed about not being able to go.

On our walk yesterday morning I brought it up again. I mentioned what I was seeing for room rates & flight times. She didn't want to spend a lot of money b/c we were just there & we're going again for a week in November. She said that maybe her & I could go for just one night and she would leave J at home. I wasn't going to let that happen! I said that I thought his feelings would be hurt & he was too young to understand why we wouldn't take him. She said it would be easier since we would really be on the move with such a short time frame. We're also limited to what flights we can take with him. She doesn't like taking real early or late flights with him which I get but they are usually the cheaper ones so it would cost even more if he came. We started talking about how many flight points we have & we all had enough for free flights. I told her there is a flight that leaves at 1:00 Tuesday afternoon & one that comes back at 2:00 on Thursday. We would be there less than 48 hours but something is better than nothing. I told her that we could stay at one of the All Stars or AoA to save a few dollars since it would be a short trip & we wouldn't be at the resort that much(even though it about killed me to utter those words!)

Within an hour of getting home from our walk while getting ready for work & having a few phone conversations with her we had everything booked--airfare, hotel & FP's!! We're going to Disney--in 24 days!!😍 There's not even enough time to order Magic Bands--not like we don't have a few spare ones laying around!! We will only have time to go to 3 parks. HS & MK are a given. I told E to let J pick the 3rd & he chose Epcot.

I'm so excited that we're ALL going!!

Been loving your report as always @riverside! I was MIA from the boards for a while but have been slowly returning and reading quietly from the sidelines :) I still think it's so funny that I've met E but not you :hilarious: So fun that you get to go for the Star Wars preview! I've never been big on Star Wars either but I still think it will be very cool! How could it not be? When are you going in November? @krause and I may be in the area ;) Maybe we'll finally get to meet!

TheMouseFan

On Thursday while hard at work I checked my personal email:p(in all fairness some work things come to that email). I see that at 11:02 I got the email invite for the Star Wars Passholder Preview. It was 11:04 so I thought there might be a chance so I tried to register. Stitch ate the page more times than I could count & I kept "waiting in line" forever. Don't worry--I worked while all this was going on:D I wasn't really concerned if I got it or not b/c I haven't as much as seen a Star Wars movie a day in my life. I looked at it as getting it would be an excuse to have to go to Disney;) At one point I saw something on the screen that I hadn't seen before & I got a little excited. Finally, at 12:25 E, J & I were registered for the event!!

I called E and she told me she didn't think they were going to go. I figured I would go by myself for a super short trip so I started looking up flights & room rates. I was ok with going by myself but I wasn't totally thrilled. As the day went on I kept thinking about how disappointed I was that J wouldn't be there. The heck with my sister but I knew I would miss him!! That evening she was at my house & as I was sneaking J Skittles & jelly beans🤫 it took all it had in me to keep my mouth shut. I wanted so bad to plant a bug in his ear about being able to go to SWGE & hoped he would work on his mom. But, I kept quiet b/c I didn't want him to be disappointed about not being able to go.

On our walk yesterday morning I brought it up again. I mentioned what I was seeing for room rates & flight times. She didn't want to spend a lot of money b/c we were just there & we're going again for a week in November. She said that maybe her & I could go for just one night and she would leave J at home. I wasn't going to let that happen! I said that I thought his feelings would be hurt & he was too young to understand why we wouldn't take him. She said it would be easier since we would really be on the move with such a short time frame. We're also limited to what flights we can take with him. She doesn't like taking real early or late flights with him which I get but they are usually the cheaper ones so it would cost even more if he came. We started talking about how many flight points we have & we all had enough for free flights. I told her there is a flight that leaves at 1:00 Tuesday afternoon & one that comes back at 2:00 on Thursday. We would be there less than 48 hours but something is better than nothing. I told her that we could stay at one of the All Stars or AoA to save a few dollars since it would be a short trip & we wouldn't be at the resort that much(even though it about killed me to utter those words!)

Within an hour of getting home from our walk while getting ready for work & having a few phone conversations with her we had everything booked--airfare, hotel & FP's!! We're going to Disney--in 24 days!!😍 There's not even enough time to order Magic Bands--not like we don't have a few spare ones laying around!! We will only have time to go to 3 parks. HS & MK are a given. I told E to let J pick the 3rd & he chose Epcot.

I'm so excited that we're ALL going!!
Unless things have changed with the ability to upgrade the MB, you should still be able to order them for this trip. You used to have until 10 days before the trip to get them mailed to you and up to 5 days to have them ready at the resort! So jealous you get to go again so soon and see Galaxy's Edge. Can't wait to hear all about it and see your pictures!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, JUNE 24TH

The plan was to stop at the Grand Floridian next. While on the monorail those plans changed. We decided we didn't want to get off & on again, go through security yet another time etc. etc.... Instead, we would just head to our planned final destination.

Wow--I never knew E could sleep standing up!!:hilarious:
IMG_2243.JPEG

Poor B looks like she's going to be sick--the warmer it is the worse that monorail smell is....

IMG_2244.JPEG

IMG_2246.JPEG

We've arrived!!
IMG_2248.JPEG

IMG_2249.JPEG

No Lapu Lapu for me. That was a one & done drink for me. Way too strong!!
IMG_2250.JPEG

I got an Island Sunset.
IMG_2251.JPEG

Either the heat had really got to him or he really doesn't like his Aunt Patti!!
IMG_2252.JPEG

D had made a few purchases at BVG in the Contemporary so he showed us what he bought.
IMG_2253.JPEG

J & A were tired.
IMG_2254.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I never did it again lol he still teases me about it to this day.
:joyfull: That's too funny!!
Been loving your report as always @riverside! I was MIA from the boards for a while but have been slowly returning and reading quietly from the sidelines :) I still think it's so funny that I've met E but not you :hilarious: So fun that you get to go for the Star Wars preview! I've never been big on Star Wars either but I still think it will be very cool! How could it not be? When are you going in November? @krause and I may be in the area ;) Maybe we'll finally get to meet!
Thank you & welcome back!! It is funny--I still give you all the credit in the world for approaching her!! I'm excited to check it out. I'm sure it will be pretty cool! That would be great if you were there the same time! We will be there the 5th-12th.
Unless things have changed with the ability to upgrade the MB, you should still be able to order them for this trip. You used to have until 10 days before the trip to get them mailed to you and up to 5 days to have them ready at the resort! So jealous you get to go again so soon and see Galaxy's Edge. Can't wait to hear all about it and see your pictures!!
It is too late to have them mailed but it said that we can pick them up at the resort. We both figured we would use one of the ones we have though. For as little as we're going to be there we won't have any time to wait at the front desk to pick up magic bands!! Thanks so much!! I guess I better brush up on my Star Wars knowledge--I won't have much in the way of commentary for my TR if I don't!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, JUNE 24TH

Oh look, E's awake!!
IMG_2255.JPEG

One of the cousins looks happy, the other one....
IMG_2256.JPEG

It looks like B picked up where E left off!!
IMG_2257.JPEG

The kids were getting bored. Understandable....
IMG_2258.JPEG

There were games going on outside so they went out to join in.
IMG_2259.JPEG

Unfortunately, within a few minutes the CM started cleaning them up.
IMG_2260.JPEG

IMG_2261.JPEG

They hung out there for a little while longer.
IMG_2262.JPEG

While we ordered another round.
IMG_2263.JPEG

When the kids came back in I took them to the shops to look around. A talked me into buying her this ring.
IMG_2265.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, JUNE 24TH

C & her family had reservations at San Angel so they headed on over to Epcot. We walked around the corner & arrived at our destination!
IMG_2266.JPEG

IMG_2267.JPEG

Our view during dinner.
IMG_2268.JPEG

IMG_0681.JPEG

Maybe he does like me....
IMG_0682.JPEG

I only allowed myself one piece of bread so I didn't fill up on it.
IMG_2269.JPEG

IMG_2270.JPEG

Gosh, I love those potstickers!!
IMG_2274.JPEG

We ordered drinks when we first sat down. We still hadn't got them & they were serving the meats at this point:mad:
IMG_2275.JPEG

IMG_2276.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, JUNE 24TH

Finally the drinks arrived!! I got another Island Sunset.
IMG_2277.JPEG

Notice the stack of paper straws on the table that we didn't touch!!

Not sure what this was all about...
IMG_2280.JPEG

IMG_2285.JPEG

Between the 6 of us we didn't finish even one of the bread puddings!!
IMG_2291.JPEG

Our waiter brought this out for J.
IMG_2292.JPEG

J wanted to participate in the coconut race but didn't want to go by himself so R went with him.
IMG_2295.JPEG

IMG_2299.JPEG

IMG_2300.JPEG

IMG_2302.JPEG

Overall we had a great meal. The only complaint I had was how long it took us to get our drinks.

I kept staring at this while we waited for the monorail. Very pretty!!
IMG_2304.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, JUNE 24TH

There was a purse that E wanted & it was at the Grand Floridian so we went there.
IMG_2305.JPEG

IMG_2306.JPEG

IMG_2307.JPEG

I was taking pictures of J through the glass.
IMG_2309.JPEG

IMG_2310.JPEG

While we were inside I told the crew that I would spring for a Minnie Van. The thoughts of getting on the monorail then a bus were not appealing to me in the least.
IMG_2311.JPEG

J was thrilled--he loves taking the Minnie Vans! B hadn't been in one before so this was a first for her!
IMG_2312.JPEG

IMG_2313.PNG

Back at POR!!
IMG_2314.JPEG

B, E, & L wanted to go swimming so they went to the quiet pool near our room. I stayed with them & we went back to our rooms around 11:00.
IMG_2316.JPEG

Loco_driver

We were at Ohana that same evening! Small world, huh? I can attest to the heat hose days. It was plain miserable. I work outside in the sun fairly often, in Texas, and even I was pretty miserable. It made everyone just a little grumpy in the parks too! Looking forward to going back in December with some cooler temps.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Given your awesome auntie status, I bet A didn’t have to try too hard to get that ring 😉
Aww--thanks!! You're right--she only had to ask once!!
Oooh, Island Sunsets!! Now I'm even more jealous! Those are my favorite!
I keep hearing about Island Sunsets and they look so tasty. I'm going to have to put that on the do list for when I go back to the World in March.
I really enjoy that drink! It's not very sweet that's probably why I like it so much.
We were at Ohana that same evening! Small world, huh? I can attest to the heat hose days. It was plain miserable. I work outside in the sun fairly often, in Texas, and even I was pretty miserable. It made everyone just a little grumpy in the parks too! Looking forward to going back in December with some cooler temps.
Oh wow!! I believe our reservation was at 5:50. Were you there then? I've been there numerous times in the summer months & I believe this was the worst I've ever experienced. Wow--that's pretty bad if you're comparing it to Texas. My brother has had to travel there for work quite a bit the last few months & he said it's brutal there. He's actually there right now--I don't envy him. December is a great month to go!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
The Lapu Lapu was a one and done for me too. Glad I tried it but it wasn't worth the hype IMHO. I really need to try that Island Sunset!!
I agree--it's not worth the hype. I remember it being so strong that I couldn't enjoy it. Besides, who wants to pick up a 2 lb. pineapple every time you want a sip of your drink!! The Island Sunset is a much better choice!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 25TH

C & I headed out at 6 for our walk. E wasn't feeling well so she said she would catch up with us a little later.
IMG_2317.JPEG

I was sad b/c it was our last walk of the trip.
IMG_2318.JPEG

I took the same pictures of Riverside that I've taken a thousand times!!
IMG_2319.JPEG

IMG_2320.JPEG

When I got back I saw our boarding passes hanging there.
IMG_2321.JPEG

I packed & showered. B did the same. She & I took our suitcases to the airline check-in. R said he would take his later. We were going to Disney Springs which he had no interest in whatsoever. Truthfully, I really didn't want to go either but B really wanted to go & the TE wasn't picking us up until 2:20 so we had plenty of time. We stopped at The Riverside Mill first so B could get some breakfast.
IMG_2322.JPEG

It was about 9:30 & the boats don't start running until 10 so we waited for a bus at the South Depot. Kind of funny--I'm the person that always shakes my head when I see the Disney Springs buses in the morning. I always think "Who's going to Disney Springs so early?" Now I was THAT person!!
IMG_2323.JPEG

E was getting a bit of a later start than we were so the plan was to meet them at Disney Springs.
IMG_2324.JPEG

The only reason I was excited to go to DS was to ride a Disney bus one last time!! I know it might sound strange but I really enjoy Disney buses!! They make me smile!! Hello everybody & welcome aboard the Walt Disney World Transportation System.....:D
IMG_2325.JPEG

Bus selfie!!
IMG_2326.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, JUNE 25TH

I told B we could go in any stores that she wanted. She pretty much just wanted to go to World of Disney & the Christmas store to get something for her mom.
IMG_2327.JPEG

IMG_2328.JPEG

IMG_2329.JPEG

IMG_2330.JPEG

I thought the way this changed was pretty neat.
IMG_2331.JPEG

IMG_2332.JPEG

There was a lot of patriotic merchandise out.
IMG_2333.JPEG

I bought this shirt for B's mom.
IMG_2334.JPEG

B got that cup for her sister, H.
IMG_2335.JPEG

And she bought this for herself.
IMG_2336.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom