News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge passholder preview notification thread

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Got the confirmation email about 3 hours after registering. It's not showing on MDE.
Took a screenshot of my confirmation, it has the APH's name and order/reservation number on it, that should be enough, I think (?)
I remember reading that they'll be sending check-in instructions around 5 days before the event.

donsullivan

Premium Member
This is the email we got about a week or so ahead of the Pandora Preview.

Last edited:

MickeyCB

This is the email we got about a week or so ahead of the Pandora Preview.

View attachment 393494View attachment 393496
May I ask if the email in your Pandora info, is the same email address that the info for GE came from? (the DisneyDestinations)?
I do not get email from any sites and we are DVC and have AP. I have tried several times with different tech people at Disney to get it straightened out, with no resolution.
(I was able to register for GE, but only because of bloggers giving a heads up that morning). And, I received the confirmation email, but found it in my junk mail. It originates from an address -special.event. Thanks

Chet Dakota

Received my confirmation after calling Disney for the fourth time since Thursday The last Cast Memberi talked to wanted to argue with me about my son being eligible, but after a while, he came back and gave me the confirmation and email just as I had registered.

Amused to Death

I do not get email from any sites and we are DVC and have AP. I have tried several times with different tech people at Disney to get it straightened out, with no resolution.

I've never received any emails either, and I've had the top AP since the day Disney started selling them. Sadly, I missed out on the Galaxy's Edge preview because I didn't visit the forum in time to see the link.

In expressing my disappointment about missing out once again, a friend who has also missed out in the past, told me that I needed to visit my Communications Preferences in My Disney Nightmare and, from there, follow the Privacy Choices link. I did just that, and when I got there, I discovered that I was 'unsubscribed' for Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Vacation Club, etc.

Apparently, you need to go to your Privacy Choices and start checking all the boxes. I find it inexcusable for Disney to not be emailing every Passholder of record for things like this. I guess you're supposed to opt in for year-round junk mail in order to receive the once-in-a-blue-moon invites to the things that you actually do care about.

ImperfectPixie

I've never received any emails either, and I've had the top AP since the day Disney started selling them. Sadly, I missed out on the Galaxy's Edge preview because I didn't visit the forum in time to see the link.

In expressing my disappointment about missing out once again, a friend who has also missed out in the past, told me that I needed to visit my Communications Preferences in My Disney Nightmare and, from there, follow the Privacy Choices link. I did just that, and when I got there, I discovered that I was 'unsubscribed' for Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Vacation Club, etc.

Apparently, you need to go to your Privacy Choices and start checking all the boxes. I find it inexcusable for Disney to not be emailing every Passholder of record for things like this. I guess you're supposed to opt in for year-round junk mail in order to receive the once-in-a-blue-moon invites to the things that you actually do care about.
That's the beauty (or rub) of e-mail marketing...depending on which side of it you're on, of course.

MickeyCB

(Love the My Disney Nightmare)!
I've gone through that privacy page with Disney several times. Last time after I confirmed the boxes were already checked, they said don't touch it for a month :confused:, lots of good that did.

donsullivan

Premium Member
May I ask if the email in your Pandora info, is the same email address that the info for GE came from? (the DisneyDestinations)?
(I was able to register for GE, but only because of bloggers giving a heads up that morning). And, I received the confirmation email, but found it in my junk mail. It originates from an address -special.event. Thanks

My scenario is not likely the best example of what will and will not work. I went through an absolute nightmare with the Pandora Preview where I never got the announcement email, completed a registration but never received a confirmation email and since I didn't print the web page when it completed I couldn't prove I had a reservation for the preview. Since this issue had been going on for me for nearly a decade and resulted in missing previous previews like New Fantasyland, I was determined it was going to be fixed once and for all and would not accept flippant responses and blow-offs from them this time around. I don't want to derail this thread with all the details (they are embedded in the Pandora Preview thread) but after at least 8 phone calls and easily 12 hours on the phone over the course of nearly 2 weeks they finally got my profile fixed and now I'm receiving everything the way I'm supposed to. It was an absolute battle to find the right people and get someone to acknowledge why it was happening and help me get it fixed. I tried my very best to be civil about it throughout but I really had to play the rabid dog approach and refuse to get off the phone until it was fixed and now it does work.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Who knows what's going on with Disney's data base and records, the whole thing is a complete mess! Annual Passholders and DVC members data and communications are a fail...

In the weeks before the AP DHS GE registration day, my husband received emails promoting resort discounts. None for me. What I got, were emails from Disney's Movie Club (?)

Due to Disney's inability to have their resort reservations in order, I missed the opportunity to attend a DVC Moonlight Magic event next month.

I had a bad feeling about these previews, and just as I suspected, we didn't get the registration email. This time I chose to rely on this forum, and they delivered big time! In fact, I know that I would not be attending if I waited for Disney to contact me about these previews.

Everyone who qualifies should have an equal opportunity to get a spot. Things really need to change in that regard.

DomVF07

Who knows what's going on with Disney's data base and records, the whole thing is a complete mess! Annual Passholders and DVC members data and communications are a fail...

In the weeks before the AP DHS GE registration day, my husband received emails promoting resort discounts. None for me. What I got, were emails from Disney's Movie Club (?)

Due to Disney's inability to have their resort reservations in order, I missed the opportunity to attend a DVC Moonlight Magic event next month.

I had a bad feeling about these previews, and just as I suspected, we didn't get the registration email. This time I chose to rely on this forum, and they delivered big time! In fact, I know that I would not be attending if I waited for Disney to contact me about these previews.

Everyone who qualifies should have an equal opportunity to get a spot. Things really need to change in that regard.
Preach! I’d be in the same boat! Can’t thank this forum and members enough! Ironically got the invite hours after I signed up...lol

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
BTW fellow Passholders, there is an AK after hours on Monday 8/19. Got $25 off with my AP. So I'll be heading to Pandora after my SW:GE preview.

Thanks, Tex, I'm arriving that day. When are you going home?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom