Pre-Trip Our big family trip is nearly here

Hello friends
I’m back

How you doing?

I’ve been away a while but had to stop by to update everyone.

As most of you know we became AP in November during our trip - it was something I had only dreamed of but it happened.

256E3A92-993A-4515-9592-5653ED5B7AAF.jpeg

The main reason was I knew for sure I had another trip coming up - in 21 days to be exact and the cost of the AP worked out the same as tickets for both of those trips so I was no worse off - and there would always then be the chance of another trip!

Did it happen while I’ve been away?
Of course it did!

1CD5B097-D0CC-4AB1-8D00-3E1C6B14C86A.jpeg

We had a week off in March and decided to use the passes so we booked a flight, and a hotel offsite! Shock horror - I was offsite and not in my beloved POR but like Chris said - rather be in Florida with Disney everyday rather than at home in the UK with no Disney. Plus he thought this would break me in gently for the Aug trip in a villa.

Obviously there were quite a few BTMRR rides and plenty of ice cream!

73360702-86B3-4358-9491-0EE32B738602.jpeg

769B9FFE-74CD-4E66-B9D9-F811CD3C8BB0.jpeg

19C6EE41-62A3-4F16-AA28-8C262EF2A047.jpeg

I also got to do 2 meet and greets - the Nic and Judy picture was one I absolutely had to get

8DBF4F99-79F0-4D55-85EB-E8FA91FF4C9E.jpeg

7A6A59A1-329F-4D2B-A499-D0667D550774.jpeg

We also got to see F&G again as I loved it so much last year.

ADDD60B0-1C30-4FC9-A4F5-6E7B4F962C36.jpeg

AF90DCC1-60FE-4C47-8A18-17F97A27D9E6.jpeg

It was very strange staying offsite - it kind of felt like we didn’t go. I was suffering with a bad stomach for part of the trip too but we still had a great time

Sorry I digress.....

Now back to the upcoming trip which as been in the planning for year and was booked over a year and half ago.

For those of you who don’t know me - I’m Tracey, I am a Disney addict but I know I’m in good company on this site. I visit every year from the UK in November for my birthday. My husband Chris never wanted to go to Disney but once he did he loved it (well that’s what I keep telling him)

We’ve visited over 25 times I think now and have racked up early a year in Disney (most of it in POR)

We’re visiting in 21 days with my family - 9 of us in total - this could get interesting.......

My brother and wife who took a trip with us in 2016
My mum who last came to Disney with us in 1998 - this will be her 2nd trip - I wonder after 20 years what changes she will notice
My sister and her partner - my sister had a messy divorce and has saved so hard for this trip - it’s her first holiday in 14 years
And my 2 nephews aged 14 and 16 - A who is 16 had his last holiday abroad when he was 2 he spent the whole time Ill to the point my sister was thinking of flying him home, and N who has never had a holiday abroad so this will be his first time on a plane and abroad.

We have a villa in Tuscan Hills (myself and Chris drove to the gates in March just so we could see where it was). It’s about 30 min drive to Epcot - the issue is the road it comes out onto (I can’t remember the name) is full of traffic lights - let’s hope they are in our favour on the mornings!

We have 2 hire cars so if we do want to separate towards the end we have options

FP have started to be booked but we know we might have to be flexible as I’m not sure my nephews will love Disney as much as me - I have tried to train them over the years but we’ll see - N says his not meeting princesses! Not managed to get any SDD, FOP or 7DMT but I kind of expected that staying offsite. It I also haven’t got TOT and my nephews want to do It! I think with repairs on 1 elevator have reduced the number of FP - I will keep trying though.... I don’t give up

We also know it will be hot, we recently had record temperatures in the UK so that might have helped them know what it will be like - but I have cool towels, fans, cotton clothes, hats and they will all be hydrating. I’ve also put some breaks in where we can go out or stay in depending how people feel - I will probably be going out even if no one else does - gotta get that Disney fix!

The countdown is properly on now.....
This time in 3 weeks we’ll have just taken off.......

Longers

Original Poster
Also as I’m sure most of you know Star Wars Galaxys edge opens on 29th Aug - the AP previews opened up and I never thought in a million years we would get lucky

But this happened......

C90715DA-2BAE-4B1B-AAC4-DA640E5DD683.jpeg

I didn’t know whether to be excited or not as obviously it’s only myself and Chris who can go in - my brother actually wants to queue to see it before we leave and I know we’ll get to go back again so I’m not too bothered - I would love to give my slot to my nephew but you can’t transfer it

I was putting off telling my brother but I broke the news to him yesterday - he was ok about it after he joked we were a team and we shouldn’t leave them.

Chris was really shocked and surprised when he got home from work and I told him we’d got lucky.

It will be really cool to see something we’ve watched being built without the walls up.

I’ve told my brother not to give up hope - we were lucky to be allowed into pass holder previews for under the sea etc back when they were doing previews - right place at the right time as I guess it wasn’t busy so it wasn’t a health and safety risk - we werent AP but got let in.

I kind of feel bad but it was an opportunity not to miss.

Star Wars characters do freak me out though so this should be interesting - I used to hide behind Chris when March of the first order happened at HS and he met chewbacca alone one year as I was too scared....

Minnesota disney fan

Sounds like you've got all the bases covered for your trip:)
I am scared of the storm troopers too, and hide from them when they show up. I don't know what I'd do with the storm troopers in SWGE that will be wandering around interacting with the guests. You might have to hide behind Chris some more! LOL. Looking forward to your trip report!

Longers

Original Poster
ooo glad you got a little trip in before this one coming up. It definitely would be different not staying on property. Did you find it stressful driving to the parks?

No it wasn’t too bad, we were up by sea world too and I normally do whole days in the parks so it worked out ok - I just missed not being in the bubble!

So excited for you! I'm sure it will be an amazing trip! I think we will just miss each other by a couple of days ( I leave the 16th) but @NessNewt should still be there when you arrive!

Sad you won’t be there - have a great trip

I'm looking forward to your report! Congrats on getting your ressie for SWGE, we went to the land in Disneyland and it is a cool place!

Thanks - can’t believe I got one to be honest

So glad you got the AP preview!!! I got one too - but for several days after our trip so I don't think I will be making it :hilarious: I booked it just in case but money wise it doesn't make sense for me to go

Such a shame it would have been great to meet up with a less tired Megan! Remember you had just done the marathon last time

Sounds like you've got all the bases covered for your trip:)
I am scared of the storm troopers too, and hide from them when they show up. I don't know what I'd do with the storm troopers in SWGE that will be wandering around interacting with the guests. You might have to hide behind Chris some more! LOL. Looking forward to your trip report!

I think I will be holding on to Chris real tight - unless I can persuade someone working for Disney to let my nephews go instead of me!

Longers

Original Poster
My youngest nephew was talking about the US states this weekend and I jokingly said shall we see if we can meet someone from every one - he kind of said yes but I am going to try to make it a thing.

So I just printed this off for us to update each day - it may never take off but I’m taking it anyway....

416A0487-DF59-48D4-941D-425244F75A10.jpeg

Rista1313

My youngest nephew was talking about the US states this weekend and I jokingly said shall we see if we can meet someone from every one - he kind of said yes but I am going to try to make it a thing.

So I just printed this off for us to update each day - it may never take off but I’m taking it anyway....

View attachment 394208
Oh that would be fun! you can ask people in line while waiting... cast members... etc!

riverside

Did I miss something - are you going to be there? Hope so......
Yes!! We got the preview also!! It's going to be a super short trip unfortunately though. We're getting there the afternoon of the 20th & leaving the afternoon of the 22nd. It would be great if our plans coincided🤞🤞🤞 Epcot on the 20th around 6:00. HS on the 21st--our preview time is 11-3 then MK after that.

Longers

Original Poster
Yes!! We got the preview also!! It's going to be a super short trip unfortunately though. We're getting there the afternoon of the 20th & leaving the afternoon of the 22nd. It would be great if our plans coincided🤞🤞🤞 Epcot on the 20th around 6:00. HS on the 21st--our preview time is 11-3 then MK after that.

Oh my.....
We arrive on 19th early evening and on our first day (20th) we are doing MK And then are headed to HS for our preview
21sr we have Animal Kingdom FP and we’re hoping to get to MK for the fireworks so it doesn’t look like it - such a shame - I’ll still be on the lookout though in case anyth8ng changes in our plans
:(

riverside

Oh my.....
We arrive on 19th early evening and on our first day (20th) we are doing MK And then are headed to HS for our preview
21sr we have Animal Kingdom FP and we’re hoping to get to MK for the fireworks so it doesn’t look like it - such a shame - I’ll still be on the lookout though in case anyth8ng changes in our plans
:(
We'll be at MK on the 21st after HS so that may work. Do you plan on getting there right in time for fireworks? Also, what are your plans for the 22nd in the morning?

Janir

View attachment 394208
Ok that's a cool idea and something fun to do while waiting in lines. Now I'll have to look for the group standing in lines with a US map. ;) ( Wisconsin and DW and I will be there about the same time)
A corollary game, get Cast Members names from each state/country. It's right on their name badges.

Longers

Original Poster
We'll be at MK on the 21st after HS so that may work. Do you plan on getting there right in time for fireworks? Also, what are your plans for the 22nd in the morning?

We are at AK on 21st in the morning - I’m hoping with a break after that my family might endure me and head to MK for the fireworks - especially as I don’t want to be putting things off in case of the weather.

I guess I would be looking for them to get there about 7 if we could but I will be guided by them - I’m going to try not to make them go at my pace as it might be a bit overwhelming - but should they agree it would be fab to meet up - maybe I will let you know via here that lunchtime if we are heading over?

22nd they want to hit the shops so we’ll probably be there and heading to Hs late afternoon.

It would be great if we could meet - fingers crossed.
How I would love to just jump on a plane for a couple of days to go to Disney - alas I can only dream

Ok that's a cool idea and something fun to do while waiting in lines. Now I'll have to look for the group standing in lines with a US map. ;) ( Wisconsin and DW and I will be there about the same time)
A corollary game, get Cast Members names from each state/country. It's right on their name badges.

Well if you see us say hi and that will help ticking them off!

Congrats on the Star Wars Entry, cant wait to hear all about it

Thanks - I have everything crossed that my family will get the chance to see it one way or another before we leave

If you are still there- 24-30, NC here. ;)
Yes we will still be there we leave on 1st September - ooh we may be able to complete this challenge easier than it first sounded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom