Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
No, you really didn't.

The police said it was stolen and hasn't been recovered. Stop it with this crap.

"We had also recently learned that the entire Buzzy animatronic was later stolen from the attraction, separately from the clothing."
Could mean they got that information from an unreliable informant. If they had phrased it "Disney reported that the entire Buzzy...", I'd believe that.

As it stands, I'll believe it when someone's arrested for the theft of the animatronic.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Still wrong. You're quoting from the Patrick Spikes affidavit. OCSO later confirmed the theft and said the animatronic has not been recovered.

https://orlando-rising.com/buzzy-has-not-been-recovered-orange-county-sheriffs-office-says/

This is at least the 4th or 5th time we've had to bring this up to people.
That affidavit was used to justify the warrant for Spikes' arrest, and remains an official declaration from Detective Foro.

And in its "confirmation," by word of mouth via email to a blogger, the OCSO again declined to cite a source for the "still stolen" statement. That, and Disney's refusal to comment, specifically to confirm that they reported it stolen, tells me there's something about this they don't want to correct or make public.

I won't speculate as to why, but the statements released thus far don't meet the W5H test. I'm not convinced.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm not claiming that anyone is lying. I'm just suspicious of the vague phraseology deliberately chosen for the paperwork (and emails) I've seen in this thread.

Some people are more easily swayed by "official statements." I prefer to parse and analyze as I attempt to discern the truth.

Where I find I can't, I withhold judgment, as in this case. There have been far too many "official statements" that, upon investigation and over time, have turned out to be unreliable.

justintheharris

Good lord.

Of course Disney isn’t going to comment, it’s an active criminal investigation. And OCSO IS THE SOURCE FOR THE “STOLEN” STATEMENT. The police said it was stolen, hasn’t been recovered, and they’re still investigating. What more do you want? The journalist even came here and posted his emails with the OCSO in this thread.

You’re just the latest person asserting that OCSO is lying about whether the theft occurred. It’s insane to me that a select few like you on this board can’t accept a police statement but blindly believe unsourced rumors all the time.
I’m under the impression they’re friends of Spikes. Because his story was something like “oh disney took him out and a different division reported him stolen” which is still just as stupid as it sounds.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I’m under the impression they’re friends of Spikes. Because his story was something like “oh disney took him out and a different division reported him stolen” which is still just as stupid as it sounds.
"They" might be, but I'm no friend of this Spikes person or of any "urbexer."

halltd

As for when his case happens, wasn't there some small update a while back? It's in the hands of lawyers now, so it could be months before any new developments in court.
There have been updates on the case website, but everything lately has been marked as confidential, so you can’t open the attachments. I think whoever bought the stolen HM clothes asked for privacy since it says, “victim” and Patrick definitely isn’t the victim.

Won’t they list when the trial is, if there is one? I want to go! Lol

eddie104

Ok I started to read this thread (hi new here), got to about page 15 and gave up.

So (correct me if I am wrong) the gist of the thread is that someone has stolen clothes from HM and also from CC. A man (who vlogs about sneaking into backstage areas of Disney) has been arrested and accused of stealing said clothes. Man was released on bail.

Subsequently it was suspected that the Buzzy animatronic was stolen, however there was a chance it was potentially "misplaced" by Disney but no one could actually confirm. Eventually, the police confirmed it was in fact stolen and internet have decided that vlog-man is guilty due to above links, but investigations are ongoing?

Vlog-mans friends have said it's a conspiracy to get his videos remove from the Internet and that Disney are nasty. Vlog-man has attitude problem and was a bit spoiled growing up and can't see the error of his (potential if found guilty) ways.

Have I got that right as it saves me reading the rest of the thread if so :)

So my question here then, when does his case regarding the clothes actually happen?
You did more than me as I couldn’t get past page 2. 😂😂

justintheharris

There have been updates on the case website, but everything lately has been marked as confidential, so you can’t open the attachments. I think whoever bought the stolen HM clothes asked for privacy since it says, “victim” and Patrick definitely isn’t the victim.

Won’t they list when the trial is, if there is one? I want to go! Lol
The victim is Disney

justintheharris

Well, I can understand people wanting a concise update rather than sorting through 54 pages of hearsay and banter mixed in with actual information.

But I cannot get over how this thread keeps going quiet, then someone else chimes in presenting their own theory as fact, saying they "heard" Buzzy wasn't actually stolen from some random source, or asserting the police statement is somehow a lie, and we have to keep explaining it.

My theory is this board is a bit too used to questioning Disney rumors that come from all manner of people who aren't going to reveal their sources (and that's not an insult), that when faced with something far more reliable like a police statement, we default to picking it apart to fit our own predetermined conclusion on what happened. And that's the charitable take.
You nailed it. I also feel like Spikes has shills on here too though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom