News Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom experiencing extended downtime

starri42

I guess I don't see why it's less of a fit than Pandora is.

It wouldn't necessarily be my preference (I still want either Australia or Indy), but since Dino-Land is the one true kids' area there, it seems like that it's their best choice for a re-theme.

Rteetz

It wouldn't necessarily be my preference (I still want either Australia or Indy), but since Dino-Land is the one true kids' area there, it seems like that it's their best choice for a re-theme.
We have gone through this discussion several times when people speculate about Zootopia in AK. No it doesn't fit. Pandora the way it was built certainly fits better than Zootopia does or would.

starri42

We have gone through this discussion several times when people speculate about Zootopia in AK. No it doesn't fit. Pandora the way it was built certainly fits better than Zootopia does or would.
Isn't that perhaps a point in Zootopia's favor? I mean, that despite the fact that inclusion of Pandora was a bit of a stretch, they pulled it off?

I'm not trying to engage in another around-in-circles discussion, although that seems to be our wont. I just think a well-done Zootopia has to be better than a half-baked Dino-Land.

Rteetz

Isn't that perhaps a point in Zootopia's favor? I mean, that despite the fact that inclusion of Pandora was a bit of a stretch, they pulled it off?

I'm not trying to engage in another around-in-circles discussion, although that seems to be our wont. I just think a well-done Zootopia has to be better than a half-baked Dino-Land.
I will just agree to disagree. I don't want Zootopia in AK. Better off in MK or DHS.

peter11435

Pandora wasn’t really a stretch. Certainly not like zootopia would be.

GlacierGlacier

Animals don't fit in Animal Kingdom?
Everyone so far has just been saying "No," without an explanation, so let me provide some insight.

Zootopia uses the fact that the characters are animals as a metaphor or symbolic element, with gags and story driven from that. The truth is, the movie could've been done with entirely human characters, but the blunt tone wouldn't have been anything Disney would sell.

Animal Kingdom shows the interactions between humans and the world around them, including showcasing the cultures that develop around those interactions. Zootopia is lacking that connection that every other part of AK includes. As such, it feels out of place to suggest it.

By comparison, Pandora is about conservation, the bond the Na'vi have directly with the nature around them, and the mistakes humans made on Pandora and their attempts to correct it. This directly ties in with Animal Kingdom's overall story and theme.

Now, the reason people have been short with you is because the "Zootopia has animals and should go in Animal Kingdom" argument pops up here fairly often. We've been incident free for a while, but occasionally someone brings it up and tempers flare.

eddie104

Regardless of people’s opinions of whether or not Zootopia fits into AK or not I think they should bring the land to WDW.

disnyfan89

Anytime anyone brings up Zootopia in DAK

Rich Brownn

Because they're not animals in Zootopia. They're humans who just look like animals. Pandora had animals that don't talk, run business, etc. i.e., the animals in Pandora are animals. The pseudo-animals in Zootopia are not.

Ravenclaw78

Everyone so far has just been saying "No," without an explanation, so let me provide some insight.

Zootopia uses the fact that the characters are animals as a metaphor or symbolic element, with gags and story driven from that. The truth is, the movie could've been done with entirely human characters, but the blunt tone wouldn't have been anything Disney would sell.

Animal Kingdom shows the interactions between humans and the world around them, including showcasing the cultures that develop around those interactions. Zootopia is lacking that connection that every other part of AK includes. As such, it feels out of place to suggest it.

By comparison, Pandora is about conservation, the bond the Na'vi have directly with the nature around them, and the mistakes humans made on Pandora and their attempts to correct it. This directly ties in with Animal Kingdom's overall story and theme.

Now, the reason people have been short with you is because the "Zootopia has animals and should go in Animal Kingdom" argument pops up here fairly often. We've been incident free for a while, but occasionally someone brings it up and tempers flare.

Also, and I'm not saying this is anyone on this board, but a lot of die-hard Zootopia fans are Furries. Makes people treat the "normal" Zootopia fans like those in this forum with disrespect as a result.

Tom Morrow

Zootopia doesn't fit at DAK because the entire movie is making fun of animals at the animals' expense. That and they're anthropomorphic and live and behave similar to humans. The key goals of DAK are:

1. Showing respect for the animals
2. Presenting animals and the real worlds they inhabit as realistically as possible
3. Conservation

Zootopia does none of this. I hate to say it but jumping to the conclusion that Zootopia fits because ANIMALS shows that you haven't really paid attention at DAK at all.

cjkeating

Do any of the insiders know what is truly going on with this extended refurbishment ??? 🤔

Logically it seems linked to an accident that happened in the UK where a child fell out of the attraction.

Either Disney are waiting for the outcome of the investigation into the accident (which based on other accidents could take over a year) or they are awaiting modified restraints to be made to install before reopening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom