Pre-Trip A first, a last, and a galaxy far, far, away... (Now with bonus London TR!)

šŸ BEE IS GOING BACK! šŸ BEE IS GOING BACK! šŸ BEE IS GOING BACK! šŸ

So, this title might be a bit misleading. There are actually several firsts planned for this trip, and a semi-first. But "A first, another first, yet another first, a sorta first, and a last" doesn't roll off the tongue (or fingertips) so well.

For now, I'll leave you with the cast.

Me (Bee): 30
DW (M): 30
M's mom (MIL)
M's dad (FIL)
M's brother (BIL): 27
My brother (Jay): 24

And a countdown!
Our next trip  

EDIT: Now we're doing a Passholder preview and going down early for two nights, then flying home, then proceeding with our regular trip as planned. So, here's THAT countdown:
CRAZY PEOPLE DO A PASSHOLDER PREVIEW  

Last edited:

bee

Original Poster
So...unrelated to this upcoming trip, but Southwest has announced they will no longer fly to/from Newark starting in early November. This is suuuuper annoying as thatā€™s our preferred airline and airport, and this affects our holiday travel. We changed everything to LGA which is farther and will take more time and/or money to get to. We were planning to fly to Jacksonville on Christmas Day to be with Mā€™s parents but we werenā€™t able to change that one flight and keep it on the same day, so how we wonā€™t get there until December 26. šŸ˜« On the plus side, I got to change a few days so we will have MORE time in either Orlando or Jacksonville, And obviously SWA didnā€™t charge for the changes even though the new flights were more expensive than the original flights.

Like I said, this wonā€™t affect our August trip(s) but this will definitely make us reconsider future travel and ever using Southwest again. Iā€™ve been a huge Southwest fangirl for years, mostly because they have good flights between Newark and Orlando and no change fees. Now that theyā€™re not flying to Newark anymore I am looking into JetBlue (which has more flights anyway) for future trips.

All that said I realize I am extremely lucky to be able to travel frequently enough that this is a ā€œproblemā€ for me.

Rista1313

So...unrelated to this upcoming trip, but Southwest has announced they will no longer fly to/from Newark starting in early November. This is suuuuper annoying as thatā€™s our preferred airline and airport, and this affects our holiday travel. We changed everything to LGA which is farther and will take more time and/or money to get to. We were planning to fly to Jacksonville on Christmas Day to be with Mā€™s parents but we werenā€™t able to change that one flight and keep it on the same day, so how we wonā€™t get there until December 26. šŸ˜« On the plus side, I got to change a few days so we will have MORE time in either Orlando or Jacksonville, And obviously SWA didnā€™t charge for the changes even though the new flights were more expensive than the original flights.

Like I said, this wonā€™t affect our August trip(s) but this will definitely make us reconsider future travel and ever using Southwest again. Iā€™ve been a huge Southwest fangirl for years, mostly because they have good flights between Newark and Orlando and no change fees. Now that theyā€™re not flying to Newark anymore I am looking into JetBlue (which has more flights anyway) for future trips.

All that said I realize I am extremely lucky to be able to travel frequently enough that this is a ā€œproblemā€ for me.

OK.. I'm going to play devils advocate on behalf of the airline for a moment... they are really struggling because of the 737 Max being down for so long. It really bites that they took away your routes though. I totally understand.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member

Weā€™re in the same boat.... errr plane.
Southwest cut directs to MCO and ATL for us. I really enjoyed flying with them but now they just arenā€™t going where I want/need to.

bee

Original Poster
OK.. I'm going to play devils advocate on behalf of the airline for a moment... they are really struggling because of the 737 Max being down for so long. It really bites that they took away your routes though. I totally understand.
I realize itā€™s not their fault and itā€™s a whole big unfortunate situation that affects a lot of people. It just sucks that they are ending service to an entire (very busy) airport. Ah well, life goes on...

Weā€™re in the same boat.... errr plane.
Southwest cut directs to MCO and ATL for us. I really enjoyed flying with them but now they just arenā€™t going where I want/need to.
Wow, thatā€™s surprising to me!

bee

Original Poster
So. For the GE preview, we were able to change our 8/21 flight to a late flight on 8/20 at no extra cost. We will land near midnight on 8/20 so instead of spending Disney prices for a short night, we found a basic hotel near MCO with a free shuttle and free breakfast for $51! Now our plans look like this:

Tuesday 8/20
Late flight to MCO
Shuttle to airport hotel

Wednesday 8/21
Breakfast at airport hotel
Shuttle to MCO
DME to ASSp
Check in, leave bag(s)
EPCOT! Activate APs, buy Tables card
FPs: LWTL and Soarinā€™
Boat or walk to DHS
STAR WARS!!!!!
Maybe late EMH at MK
Back to ASSp and crash

8/22
Check out ASSp
Bus to EPCOT for a couple hours
Bus to ASSp
DME to MCO
Afternoon flight home

8/23
Do laundry and PACK!

8/24
Proceed with big trip as planned šŸ˜„

Last edited:

krisri18

So. For the GE preview, we were able to change our 8/21 flight to a late flight on 8/20 at no extra cost. We will land near midnight on 8/20 so instead of spending Disney prices for a short night, we found a basic hotel near MCO with a free shuttle and free breakfast for $51! Now our plans look like this:

Tuesday 8/20
Late flight to MCO
Shuttle to airport hotel

Wednesday 8/21
Shuttle to MCO
DME to ASSp
Check in, leave bag(s)
Boat or walk to DHS
STAR WARS!!!!!
Maybe late EMH at MK
Back to ASSp and crash

8/22
Check out ASSp
Bus to ***
DME to MCO
Afternoon flight home

8/23
Do laundry and PACK!

8/24
It's so crazy it just might work!

Rista1313

Tuesday 8/20
Late flight to MCO
Shuttle to airport hotel

Wednesday 8/21
Shuttle to MCO
DME to ASSp
Check in, leave bag(s)
Boat or walk to DHS
STAR WARS!!!!!
Maybe late EMH at MK
Back to ASSp and crash

8/22
Check out ASSp
Bus to ***
DME to MCO
Afternoon flight home

8/23
Do laundry and PACK!

8/24

Whew that's tiring.. you are going to need your big trip to relax... HAHAHAHA!

bee

Original Poster
So now it looks like my brother will be coming down for the first weekend of the big trip and staying offsite with a few of his local friends Friday and Saturday night then driving back Sunday, so he and I (and all of the people) will hang out on Saturday 8/24. I added him to our Tokyo Dining lunch that day and I was also able to add him to all the FPs that everyone has in Epcot that day. I've never had FPs for SIX people at once before! o_O

dizfan917

So now it looks like my brother will be coming down for the first weekend of the big trip and staying offsite with a few of his local friends Friday and Saturday night then driving back Sunday, so he and I (and all of the people) will hang out on Saturday 8/24. I added him to our Tokyo Dining lunch that day and I was also able to add him to all the FPs that everyone has in Epcot that day. I've never had FPs for SIX people at once before! o_O

We had 13 for every FastPass during our trip last July! It worked out surprisingly smoothly and we all had a GREAT time! Hopefully your experience is the same. :geek:

bee

Original Poster
I'd love to wrap up my mini London TR before I go to WDW!!!

Day 6, cont.

After the rose garden we walked a few blocks to board a bus toward Hyde Park.

tumblr_psc0a526Y61qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psc0a5fesz1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psc0a6J2eC1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psc0a7SsUI1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psc0a7U2yP1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psc0a8PURE1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

CAN YOU SPOT THE šŸ???

tumblr_psc0a9vd1X1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscbjyzmLl1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscbjzbZur1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscbjzpR4f1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscbk0x3Gj1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscbk1bf9i1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscbk1GGPe1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscbk2tIua1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscbk3iT921qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscbk37rL41qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscbk4pUq61qhyy8p_1280.jpg

bee

Original Poster
Day 6, cont.

After the park we took a bus back to our hotel. We were some of the first on the bus so we had our pick of seats, and of course we chose the very front!

tumblr_pscbvsxPJb1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscbvsFiaY1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscbvt7gje1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscbvtPPWC1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscbvuDjXb1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscbvw6IvY1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscbvw83Vf1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscbvxeJLt1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscc0nTK1i1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscc0oOZYj1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscc0prPHc1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscc0q3yky1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscc0rO0Gk1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscc0ssBpB1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscc0srIAY1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

When we got off the bus we passed by a little grocery store which had these out front:

tumblr_pscc0t5iRc1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

@Darstarr :hilarious: (This was taken BEFORE the whole avocado/guacamole business in your TR I believe, but now I can't help but think of you!)

Back at the Marriott:

tumblr_psccaebNEv1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

We were just in time for tea time!

tumblr_psccaeXSlA1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

This lemon cake was SOOO. GOOOOOD. It was perfectly moist and had the right balance of sweet and tart. The little cheesecake was good also but the lemon cake. Oh, the lemon cake.

tenor.gif

MinnieM123

Premium Member
About that red mailbox -- reminds me of a trip I took to Ireland quite a few years ago. My friends and I wanted to mail some postcards, and we asked the owner of the B&B (where we were staying), where we could fine one. He told us a location a few streets away, and we looked around and around -- no mailbox. Hmm.

Finally, we saw a person put an envelope in a green, upright pipe on the sidewalk (that's the only way I can describe this thing! :hilarious: ). Anyway, it was the Irish version of a mailbox (a little bit like the red one in London, although the London one was slightly more identifiable). We all had a good laugh over this, as we must have driven by at least 5 pipes on sidewalks, during our travels that day! :joyfull:

bee

Original Poster
Day 6, cont.

We had dinner in the lounge but I didn't take any pics as it was mostly the same stuff as previous nights (cheese, hummus, salads, etc.). After dinner we spent the rest of the night in our room watching movies on TV and watching the sunset out the window.

tumblr_psccafsKDc1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccagOSqG1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccagf7Ug1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccahuQhb1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccahGTGX1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccaiVqLM1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccaihIKu1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccajYUzj1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

By the end of the night it was raining but we could still see the sunset!

bee

Original Poster
Day 7: Monday, May 27 (last full day)

This morning we only had coffee in the lounge as we had plans to have a full English breakfast at a nearby pub called The Old Bell. They had a vegetarian version for under 3 pounds! Yes please!

We seated ourselves, then ordered both food and drinks at the bar. When we ordered we told the bartender our table number and then paid him upfront. He gave us our beers and then we took them back to the table to wait for our food to come from the kitchen.

tumblr_pscccp8Vr61qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscccp5yaP1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

Breakfast, with veggie sausage

After the pub we walked back to the room to change, because our plans today required slightly dressier attire and we planned to be out all day. Then we went back out to wait for the bus to the city center.

tumblr_pscccq6d3B1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscccrYjlR1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscccrVSsH1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

We waited no more than five minutes and were soon on our way!

tumblr_pscccsMjCj1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscccsuAJp1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccctFacu1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccctOspN1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_pscccuXtPB1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccf2JdKA1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccf3CZzX1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccf3TgfL1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccf4YjDI1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

Stradivariu(s)

tumblr_psccf5Doj31qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccf5lgcM1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccf6Rn8Y1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccf79jOK1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_psccf7x0fn1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom