Trip Report Family Fun in the Hot, Hot Florida Sun!!

Hello All!! I'm back(unfortunately) from yet another wonderful trip to Walt Disney World. Lot's of fun & sweat(not trying to be gross but wow, was it ever nasty) was had by all!! Speaking of all--let me introduce you to our party of 10!! Most of these faces will be familiar to you but there are a few new ones in the mix!! I'll try to do this as simply as possible--
455035665.jpeg

From left to right(somewhat): My sister C, my niece E(C & D's daughter), R(not sure why he's looking so miserable) & myself, in front of me(white shirt) is my niece B, in the green is E's niece L, my niece A(C & D's youngest) is wearing the blue glasses(when she remembers to put them on--her last trip to Disney prior to this one she actually left them at homeo_O), then we have "the same old crew" E & J, and last but certainly not least is my BIL D.
Whew--I'm glad you've met most of these people in the past--otherwise this could get very confusing!!:p

C's family was there June 13th-27th. They stayed the first week at their timeshare right outside of Disney. They spent their second week at our favorite home away from home. The rest of us were there June 18th-25th.

I'm looking forward to reliving the trip with you all--everything but the heat that is!! A big welcome to everyone reading out there!!:)

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JUNE 23RD

R got Dad's Electric Lemonade.
IMG_2135.JPEG

E got the Mowie Wowie. I'm really not one to try fruity drinks b/c I normally end up not liking them so I stuck with my favorite-Pinot Grigio.
IMG_2136.JPEG

B, E & L got Aunt Liz's Fried Chicken.
IMG_2137.JPEG

R got Cousin Megan's Traditional Meatloaf. He made sure to ask for corn. It comes with green beans which he doesn't eat.
IMG_2138.JPEG

When taking our orders Tom jokingly said, "I bet the little boy wants the salmon." E said, "Yes, he does." Tom was quite surprised. I guess not too many kids order the salmon.
IMG_2139.JPEG

I always get A Sampling of Mom's Favorite Recipes. I love this meal!! I don't eat a lot of chicken but when I do I only eat white meat. When I asked that the chicken be a breast Tom said, "I can see you've dined with us before."
IMG_2140.JPEG

L wanted a sticker in the worst way so she made sure to finish her meal!!
IMG_2141.JPEG

J did pretty good with his meal!!
IMG_2142.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have never seen him in the frozen show because DH won't go.. but last year I saw him as two bits at Hoop Dee Doo Revue.
He doesn't know what he's missing then!! Neither L or R had ever seen it & they both loved it. They said it wasn't what they expected at all.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JUNE 23RD

Dessert Time!!
IMG_2143.JPEG

As Tom was passing out the spoons he handed R his tray & told him to hold it for him!! 😂
IMG_2144.JPEG

L got a sundae & E got the Traditional Warm Apple Crisp. She really likes that & gets it every time she goes there.
IMG_2145.JPEG

Tom was teasing E and wouldn't give her a spoon.
IMG_2147.JPEG

B got Dad's Favorite Chocolate-Peanut Butter Layered Cake. I have had that before & it's pretty good!
IMG_2148.JPEG

R got a sundae. For the life of me I don't recall what I got. I didn't take a picture & there's nothing in my notes:confused:
IMG_2149.JPEG

L was bummed that she finished her meal but didn't get a sticker so she asked Tom for one. He ended up giving each of us one & she got two!!
IMG_2150.JPEG

Excellent food & service--I can't wait to go back in November!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think my niece's love of Frozen was just too much for him when she was younger... so he would say, "he's over it"

ps. he wouldn't go on the ride either!
Tell him it's a good place to get out of the heat for a bit--maybe he'll go then??
Won't go on the ride eithero_Oo_Oo_O
I'm with ya on the sweet drinks.;) All of your meals looked delicious and it's so cute that J likes salmon! It's my favorite fish but most kids won't go near it. :)
Everything was good as always!! He's a pretty good eater. He dislikes french fries though!! He will not eat them at all!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JUNE 23RD

Checking out Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy was a must do. We knew J would really like it. Earlier E told us not to talk about it in front of him b/c he would want to go right then & it wouldn't fit into our earlier plans.
IMG_2151.JPEG

J was quite excited when we told him what we were going to see!
IMG_2152.JPEG

IMG_2153.JPEG

IMG_2155.JPEG

The star of the show!!
IMG_2156.JPEG

IMG_2157.JPEG

The show didn't keep R's attention!!
IMG_2158.JPEG

As we walked out E's comment was, "Well, that was a waste of space." It wasn't the most entertaining show but it was a break from the heat & that's all that mattered at that point!!

We had FP's for RNRC.
IMG_2159.JPEG

IMG_2160.JPEG

B & I were the only ones to ride.
458433962.jpeg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JUNE 23RD

We had FP's for ToT but it was down pretty much the whole time we were there. B & L wanted to ride but were happy with leaving so we could get out of the heat.
IMG_2161.JPEG

I checked one last time before we left but it was still down.
IMG_2162.PNG

I stopped in Starbucks to get my sister the mug.
IMG_2163.JPEG

We headed to the bus stop. I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not but that was the one thing I really liked about HS. As soon as you exited the POR bus stop was right there. Now it's one of the furthest ones.
IMG_2164.JPEG

It was like deja vu. We waited & waited & waited. There were buses parked everywhere but not in service. We realized it was about the same time as it was when we left MK the day before. Maybe that's break time or shift change? We waited forever & it was so aggravating b/c we were so hot but at least we didn't have to witness any fights that day!! I did make a mental note to avoid the buses from now on during that time of day.
IMG_2165.JPEG

Finally!!
IMG_2166.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JUNE 23RD

We finally made it back to POR & we met up with the rest of the family. L stayed in her room to take a nap. I'm not sure where E(niece) was but A, J & B were the only ones in the pool.
IMG_2167.JPEG

IMG_2168.JPEG

IMG_2169.JPEG

IMG_2170.JPEG

A & B wanted to go in the the big pool so I stayed with J. He & I eventually made our way over there also. I probably spent a few hours in the water with the kids. A wanted me to go down the slide so I did. It had been years since I had gone down that. We tossed a bean bag back & forth for awhile. It was tough with J. He stood on my legs while we were playing. My legs were killing me after that!! Another boy joined in on our game. He & J shared the same name!! I felt bad for him. He had a few sisters there & his mom & grandma and none of them were really paying any attention to him. The only time his mom said anything to him is when she yelled at him for getting involved in our game. I assured her that it was fine & we continued to play.
IMG_2171.JPEG

I was ready for a break & so were the kids.
IMG_2172.JPEG

Here's where the adults were hanging out.
IMG_2173.JPEG

IMG_2174.JPEG

J had some frozen drink that was excellent but, of course I can't remember what it was!
IMG_2179.JPEG

IMG_0645.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JUNE 23RD

We hung out at Ol' Man Island for the rest of the evening. The kids continued to swim & the adults continued to sit at Muddy Rivers. We got some flatbreads from The Riverside Mill for dinner.
IMG_2180.JPEG

Cousins!
IMG_2181.JPEG

IMG_2182.JPEG

A was trying to make friends!!
IMG_2184.JPEG

At the end of the evening we went to The Riverside Mill to get treats for the kids.
IMG_2185.JPEG

J got a cupcake & pretty much ate just the icing.
IMG_2186.JPEG

A got ice cream. I told her she had to finish every last bite. We waited for 15 minutes in line for it!!
IMG_2187.JPEG

B had some kind of red velvet cake. I can't make out what E got but it looks to be some sort of cake. L got a hoagie b/c she was still sleeping when we ate the flatbreads earlier.
IMG_2188.JPEG

After that we headed back to our rooms. Between the heat & the swimming everyone was pretty tired.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom