Pre-Trip The Last Hurrah?

DH: Whatcha doing?

BES: err... Just poking around online.

DH (looking over my shoulder): Oh trip stuff? For Star Wars?

BES: Perhaps. Trying to figure out a good week crowd wise and get the resort I want. I’m tempted to book something for now and then change if I need to.

DH: Sounds good to me. Do it.

BES: Really?

DH: Yeah. The timing doesn’t matter whether I can or can’t go so just book when you want.

BES: Ok. I can cancel or reschedule until early November but at least I have something booked for now. Just to have it.

DH: So then you have it.

BES: Exactly.

So I’m tentatively heading back to POP from Nov 11-16. 🥰

Shout out to @NessNewt for the TR title inspiration.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
DH: Whatcha doing?

BES: err... Just poking around online.

DH (looking over my shoulder): Oh trip stuff? For Star Wars?

BES: Perhaps. Trying to figure out a good week crowd wise and get the resort I want. I’m tempted to book something for now and then change if I need to.

DH: Sounds good to me. Do it.

BES: Really?

DH: Yeah. The timing doesn’t matter whether I can or can’t go so just book when you want.

BES: Ok. I can cancel or reschedule until early November but at least I have something booked for now. Just to have it.

DH: So then you have it.

BES: Exactly.

View attachment 385238

So I’m tentatively heading back to POP from Nov 11-16. 🥰

Shout out to @NessNewt for the TR title inspiration.
Yay yay yay!!!
YAY!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster
Trip Background:

I went on a solo trip this past February and due to a family trip in May I upgraded to an AP.

For over 20 years I have been a pretty big Star Wars nerd. As soon as I heard about SW:GE my reaction was:

I would really like the stars (in a galaxy far far away) to align for me to get in another trip before my AP expires.

Why is this trip just tentative? Why do I have a bad feeling about this? It’s really due to uncertainty over who is joining me and how that might change when/if I can go.

DH is not a theme park guy (but otherwise very great). He is becoming intrigued by the idea of SW:GE and I think with the idea of seeing why I like WDW so much.

Currently he has a job that would only allow him to travel holidays and the summer. (So pretty much just the worst times to take someone already iffy about theme parks.)

There is a possibility he might change jobs soon and have more open vacation availability but it’s still pretty up in the air.

The other variable is we are in the process of acquiring a youngling. So who knows what’ll be going by November and if I’ll be “seaworthy”.

Thank goodness for cancelable room only reservations.

There hasn’t been much going on in terms of trip planning.... until this morning.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
So today I saw the fall room discounts. With the AP discount I can change to CSR for only $100 more total.

On one hand if it’s a solo trip I might as well save the money and stay at POP. I also like the idea of having easy access to the Skyliner.

The other hand: If DH ends up coming along I think he would enjoy CSR more. I am also intrigued by it since I’ve never stayed or visited there.

Decisions. Decisions.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
My waffling on resort choice paid off. I was able to apply the fall discount to my POP room and saved almost $100.

So now POP and CSR would be more like $200 different and I can’t justify spending that much extra for a hot tub and a gin and tonic bar that I may not be utilizing.

So I’m sticking with POP and saving some money. (Or more likely allocating that money for Star Wars merch.)

P.S. Where could I be?...

Nala06

My waffling on resort choice paid off. I was able to apply the fall discount to my POP room and saved almost $100.

So now POP and CSR would be more like $200 different and I can’t justify spending that much extra for a hot tub and a gin and tonic bar that I may not be utilizing.

So I’m sticking with POP and saving some money. (Or more likely allocating that money for Star Wars merch.)

P.S. Where could I be?...

View attachment 392498
Sleeping bear dunes!! 😍😍😍

Mainahman

Were going in September for our anniversary and was presented the CSR tower water view, vs our normal POP, and after realizing that we are th " its a bed ill see for like 5 hours" people, we chose POP. Still get a pool bar, and a pool, thats about all we will use arrival day... then parks 2 days, before we check out and head home.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Back from our Up North extravaganza and already with a bit of post trip blues. So (un)fortunately I’m going to give an unsolicited recap of the trip.

(For all of you non-Michiganders, Up North is an area of the state that is a subjective distance north of where you live.)

Our trip started out on our anniversary. We left home around noon. I finished packing approximately 5 minutes before we left.

Packed up the dog’s stuff last. As soon as she sees that her ‘overnight bag’ is being packed she get so excited. Guess who loves time at Grandma’s house...

This dog:

So our first stop was dropping off doggo at my parent’s house and then we were officially off.

Up next: Sunrise Side Adventures

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 1: Sunrise Side

The first part of trip was on the northeast side of the state, along Lake Huron. This is colloquially known as the sunrise side of the state.

We had a leisurely drive up. Only made a stop for coffee. There was a steady but gentle rain.

Our first 2 nights were in a tiny air bnb cabin. Here’s our drizzly view from inside:

And our dry interior:

Since we never really had lunch we decided to have an early dinner.

Not a lot of good food options where we were. Pleasantly surprised to find a new brew-pub.

I had a pulled pork sandwich and a vanilla porter*. DH had pizza.

*This vacation week was my last hurrah with adult beverages for the foreseeable future. (If I am truly solo during my November trip I might take a break from my break)

Still rainy so we spent the rest of the evening relaxing in the cabin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom