Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019

MotherOfBirds

You best start believing in ghost stories... you're in one!

Pirates has the potential for a good Halloween overlay. Gunpower Pete ain't it.
Here's hoping this year's attempt is better. Personally, I'd rather a new "undead pirate adventure."

I seem to recall that, many moons ago, they were toying around with a concept for a nighttime version of the ride that turned the pirates into the zombies from the movie. I doubt they would ever go that far, but we know they have the technology to make it somewhat feasible now.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I seem to recall that, many moons ago, they were toying around with a concept for a nighttime version of the ride that turned the pirates into the zombies from the movie. I doubt they would ever go that far, but we know they have the technology to make it somewhat feasible now.
They were. Some of that was integrated into the Shanghai ride during a pretty spectacular fight scene. We wouldn't like it because, retrofitted into our ride, it would likely replace the iconic final scene with the dog with the key or it would be clunkily placed in the beginning where zombies don't belong. I'm happy they avoided that.

Imagineer999

Oh my bad. I actually thought the overlays were announced by the Disney Parks Blog. It's been a while so I couldn't remember exactly who announced it, but I thought it was the Blog.

KikoKea

Could this mean the live actors they use during the Villains after hours?
I wouldn't be surprised if they do. Live actors in the queue or bridge seems to be their way of plussing Pirates. Not bad, but not great. At DL, they had Pirates wandering the area interacting with guests. We skipped the photo with Jack Sparrow and got a great one with the pirate gang. Something like that would add atmosphere and fun.

MotherOfBirds

They were. Some of that was integrated into the Shanghai ride during a pretty spectacular fight scene. We wouldn't like it because, retrofitted into our ride, it would likely replace the iconic final scene with the dog with the key or it would be clunkily placed in the beginning where zombies don't belong. I'm happy they avoided that.

Oh I completely agree. I dont really care for our Pirates being retrofitted for anything from the movies

danv3

Looking forward to seeing the new fireworks, but man, what a terrible name for the replacement. Unoriginal and simultaneously confusingly close to the name of the overall event.

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes

So a "new" Tomorrowland unit...featuring that rock float that's been around since at least the 80s and has been in the parade this entire time. Nice.

JustInTime

So a "new" Tomorrowland unit...featuring that rock float that's been around since at least the 80s and has been in the parade this entire time. Nice.
What was it used for before?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster

People will literally complain about anything. They are pulling out all the stops on this year's party and I applaud them for it.

jrhwdw

People will literally complain about anything. They are pulling out all the stops on this year's party and I applaud them for it.
Really!!!!! Maybe they should cancel this update and go back to Hallowishes as well!!!! Rolls eyes!!!!!!!

Anyway, looks like the alien float in the art is from DLR's PPP?

Loving the updates!!! Might be too early for DPB, but anyone know if MOUACT is getting updates this year?

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
What was it used for before?

It's been around at least since 1987, you can spot it at 9:55.
Sorry for complaining, I usually just lurk because I know my views aren't gonna be shared by everyone here. I just think it's a little silly that they're trying to pass this off as new. Good for them for making changes still, but the parade's been around in this form for 14 years now.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
This is a fine looking addition but I don’t understand why Monsters Inc, Nightmare before Christmas, Hocus Pocus, and Coco haven’t made it into the parade.

Hocus Pocus will be used elsewhere. Monster's could easily add a parade float if they aren't already included. Coco is the biggest surprise omit. A Coco float would be epic!

jrhwdw

I wish Hocus Pocus and Most Merriest would upgrade their pyro like Villains Unite the Night! That finale is incredible!!

jrhwdw

This is a fine looking addition but I don’t understand why Monsters Inc, Nightmare before Christmas, Hocus Pocus, and Coco haven’t made it into the parade.
Hocus Pocus will be used elsewhere. Monster's could easily add a parade float if they aren't already included. Coco is the biggest surprise omit. A Coco float would be epic!
Jack and Zero will be in Not So Spooky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom