Trip Report Family Fun in the Hot, Hot Florida Sun!!

Hello All!! I'm back(unfortunately) from yet another wonderful trip to Walt Disney World. Lot's of fun & sweat(not trying to be gross but wow, was it ever nasty) was had by all!! Speaking of all--let me introduce you to our party of 10!! Most of these faces will be familiar to you but there are a few new ones in the mix!! I'll try to do this as simply as possible--
455035665.jpeg

From left to right(somewhat): My sister C, my niece E(C & D's daughter), R(not sure why he's looking so miserable) & myself, in front of me(white shirt) is my niece B, in the green is E's niece L, my niece A(C & D's youngest) is wearing the blue glasses(when she remembers to put them on--her last trip to Disney prior to this one she actually left them at homeo_O), then we have "the same old crew" E & J, and last but certainly not least is my BIL D.
Whew--I'm glad you've met most of these people in the past--otherwise this could get very confusing!!:p

C's family was there June 13th-27th. They stayed the first week at their timeshare right outside of Disney. They spent their second week at our favorite home away from home. The rest of us were there June 18th-25th.

I'm looking forward to reliving the trip with you all--everything but the heat that is!! A big welcome to everyone reading out there!!:)

Rista1313

SATURDAY, JUNE 22ND

Another pic of that same section. Something about it is not appetizing at all...
View attachment 390952

Some more pictures of the rest of the items on the buffet:
View attachment 390953

View attachment 390954

View attachment 390955

View attachment 390956

View attachment 390957

View attachment 390958

Here was my first plate. I am not a big breakfast person to begin with. If I eat anything it's normally fruit or yogurt. I'm really not a fan of breakfast foods. Crispy--& it must be very crispy--bacon though is something I really like. I threw a couple of potatoes on my plate--not sure why b/c I'm not a big fan of them. I love hard boiled eggs & cottage cheese so I made sure to get those. Then there is the Cheesy Potato Casserole--wow, that was excellent!! Really, really good!!
View attachment 390959

Hmmm you are making me rethink our ADR... I knew it was just regular breakfast food... but now I'm torn.

Rista1313

SATURDAY, JUNE 22ND

While we were eating Pooh came around.
View attachment 390962

View attachment 390963

View attachment 390964

Here is my second plate. I just had to get more of the cheesy potatoes & bacon. I have heard so much about the french toast that I made sure to try that also. It did not disappoint!!
View attachment 390965

Eeyore came around next.
View attachment 390966

View attachment 390967

View attachment 390968

I took this picture & have absolutely no clue why. Maybe I was jealous that I wasn't having one of the beverages listed on the card?? I had coffee & a glass of orange juice:depressed: The juice choices were orange or apple:depressed::depressed: Orange is the lesser of two evils for me so I went with that.
View attachment 390969
We didn't stick around to see Piglet & Tigger. E, J & I had a FP that we were going to miss if we didn't hurry.

Overall, the food was decent & I'm glad I tried it. I do think the price is a bit high for breakfast but would it stop me from returning at some point??......probably not!!

Maybe you were trying to remember the cast members name?

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Because it is all the same color. Food 101, we eat with our eyes. But it probably tasted good. Loving the TR (and Eeyore!)
Good point--I just looked at the pics again & I see exactly what you're saying! I'm sure it was good but the only thing I ate from that section was the hard boiled egg so I can't really say. Thanks so much & yes....Eeyore is so cute!!
You're whole Mom's favorite just made me laugh out lout hard! I have 5 other brothers and sisters and for the last 2 years I've gotten my Mom and Dad some coffee mugs saying to the effect that I'm Mom or Dad's favorite child so now they have 4 coffee mugs on display at their home. :D Once in a while I give my older sister (oldest of the bunch, in 2nd) that she was only born to our parents and they had to have her where I was adopted as a 10 year old and they had to go out of their way to have me. ;-P 4 of us were adopted so that ribbing generally doesn't last that long.
Glad I made you laugh!! That's so funny that your parents display them!! That's a good one that you say to your sister--& so cool that your parents adopted 4 of you!! I love it!!❣

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JUNE 22ND

Our FP was for Mickey & Minnie. Another reason R was in no hurry to get to MK that day:rolleyes:
457460400.jpeg

There wasn't really much interaction with them.
457460548.jpeg

457460976.jpeg

At this point R, B & L had arrived. We met them and headed back to Tomorrowland for our next FP. Since we were walking by the purple wall I had them stop for a picture.
IMG_1970.JPEG

We had met up with C & the girls also. A wanted me to go on with her. She drives crazy!!
IMG_1973.JPEG

IMG_1974.JPEG

Not sure if you can tell but J's driving the yellow car.
IMG_1977.JPEG

It was quite warm & R suggested we take advantage of some a/c & pay John & family a visit.
IMG_1981.JPEG

IMG_1982.JPEG

B's laughing b/c E is sleeping!!
IMG_1984.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm torn on it.....

Hubby is the breakfast person...
The food is good but nothing special. It is pretty inside. I kind of felt like I was in a greenhouse. I just think it's a bit much for breakfast. I look at it like I can go to The Cheesecake Factory & have dinner & 2 glasses of wine for that price. Then again, it is Disney so I guess I expect to pay a bit more for meals. Decisions, decisions.....

Rista1313

The food is good but nothing special. It is pretty inside. I kind of felt like I was in a greenhouse. I just think it's a bit much for breakfast. I look at it like I can go to The Cheesecake Factory & have dinner & 2 glasses of wine for that price. Then again, it is Disney so I guess I expect to pay a bit more for meals. Decisions, decisions.....

For sure...I'll have to think on it. Speaking of TCF, we are getting one here where I live in October... Pro's and Con's to that! My wallet will hate it!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
A's dress is lovely, I don't think I could pay $38 for breakfast i wouldn't be able to eat enough food to justify paying that much.
It is cute. My sister ordered that one & the dress she was wearing the day before online & for the life of me I can't remember where but I feel like it's someone who has their own business that makes them. I don't think I know of anyone who could eat enough to justify paying that kind of money!!
For sure...I'll have to think on it. Speaking of TCF, we are getting one here where I live in October... Pro's and Con's to that! My wallet will hate it!
Oh, don't I know the feeling.....that's exciting though--I just love their food & selection. R doesn't like it there(he says there's too much variety which makes it overwhelming) so I end up going there quite often by myself!!
A looks like so much fun to hang out with! I love her personality just as it comes across in the pics!
E, her older sister, was loud when she was little. She quieted down as she got older. A was loud & continues to be. She is a hoot!! The pics definitely show her personality.
For example:
IMG_2450.JPG

This was yesterday. My sister, Ch, took her daughter M & nieces A & M to our cabin. It had rained like crazy & there was a huge puddle on the front lawn. Her caption read: "The yard flooded again this evening. At least the kids made the most of it!"

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JUNE 22ND

The girls wanted to go on Space Mountain so R & I went with them.
IMG_1996.JPEG

IMG_1997.JPEG

IMG_1998.JPEG

E must find this ride really funny!!
457605893.jpeg

A took her glasses off(& had me hold them in my bag) b/c she was afraid they would fall off. I'm surprised she didn't wear them then in the hopes that she would lose them. Quite often I ask her where her glasses are b/c she doesn't have them on.
457606006.jpeg

The six of us took a few PP pictures when we exited SM but I keep getting different errors & it won't let me upload them to this site.

R & B were hungry & R wanted Columbia Harbour House so I attempted--multiple times--to mobile order.
IMG_2001.PNG

R tried one time from his phone & it worked like a charm:cautious:
IMG_2002.JPEG

We all sat inside while they ate. It was getting really hot & it was wearing us down by that point.
IMG_2003.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JUNE 22ND

I forgot to include these in my last post. Quite handy if you ask me.
IMG_2414.JPG

IMG_2415.JPG

"No J, you can't sit in your stroller. Where would we put our drinks?" :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

We had a FP for to go under the sea but it was down so it turned into a multiple experience one. We decided to take a spin on the world famous jungle cruise!!
IMG_2004.JPEG

Look!! It's none other than Skipper Joseph!!
IMG_2005.JPEG

E managed to get all 10 of us in the picture!! BTW--D had arrived around noon.
IMG_0527.JPEG

IMG_0528.JPEG

IMG_2006.JPEG

IMG_2010.JPEG

IMG_2011.JPEG

IMG_2013.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JUNE 22ND

It was about 3:00 & we decided that we had enough & were ready to leave. We had a 6:35 reservation at The Wave so we figured the kids could swim for an hour or so then we would head back for dinner. We got to the POR bus stop & noticed quite the line. It was obvious that it had been some time since a bus came. By the looks of the amount of people waiting we figured we wouldn't get on the first bus when it arrived.

J & A leading the way!!
IMG_2014.JPEG

There weren't too many people waiting to go to FQ so we decided to get in line for that one instead. Then we waited & waited & waited & waited. It was awful. The line kept getting longer & longer. One man was a complete moron & didn't go the right way in line. Instead of weaving through he had his family stand in a row straight back which caused all the people to overflow into the main walkways & there not be any people in the queue except for us that were in the first row. Another guy politely told him that his family was standing incorrectly & it turned into the biggest argument. The guy & his family held their ground & wouldn't move. I actually felt sorry for the family. I kind of got the impression they knew dad was wrong. The line got longer & they dad continued to stand there & complain about the other guy. It was hot & the bus service was in super slow motion & we were all getting very aggravated. BTW-why are there never any CM's at the bus stops at the parks to help maintain law & order? Finally, after a few other people started complaining also the dad threw in the towel & got in the line properly. Also, I have to mention that there were TONS of buses just parked everywhere with nowhere to go. Between that, the long wait, the fighting & the heat everyone's moods were starting to sour.
IMG_2015.JPEG

Keep in mind we left MK at 3 & what time did we finally see this? 4:30!!! Totally unacceptable if you ask me. R, D, & I did walk through Jackson Square where D picked up a few shirts but we were only in there for 5 minutes. On the bus ride on the way back everyone pretty much decided that we didn't want to go to The Wave. We couldn't let the kids swim for a half hour & tell them they would have to get out to get ready for dinner. After the bus fiasco us adults decided that the last thing we wanted to do was get back on a bus, then a monorail to get to dinner just to repeat that to get back to POR.
IMG_2016.JPEG

The whole ride back I tried canceling the reservation--actually the plan was to change it to a future date then cancel so I wasn't charged $100 for us not showing. But, MDE wasn't cooperating--as usual.
IMG_2017.JPEG

In the meantime C had managed to get a reservation for 9 of us(E-niece, wanted to stay in the room) at Boatwright's for 6:45. The kids were enjoying the pool & the adults were enjoying Muddy Rivers. I tried calling the reservation line to change our reservation but I was on hold forever. Finally, I decided to head to the front desk to see if they could help me.
IMG_2018.JPEG

I had the sweetest CM helping me. I explained to her that the app wasn't cooperating & I couldn't modify the reservation. I explained the bus situation & how it screwed up our plans. She offered to get us a later reservation & I told her that my sister got us one for Boatwright's in an hour so we were good there. She called The Wave & cancelled it & saved me from paying the $100!! She said that she told them there was a medical emergency & that's why we couldn't make it. She said if she didn't tell them that they most likely would have charged me. That was very nice of her. The only thing that bothered me was saying there was a medical emergency when there wasn't. I believe it's bad karma to make up stories about medical issues that aren't true. Kind of like when one of my employees tells me they need off b/c their grandma passed away--for like the 5th time :cautious:
IMG_2019.JPEG

On my way out I was successful in swapping out my fuel rod!! Wow, that hadn't happened to me at POR in forever!!
IMG_2020.JPEG

Lobby pic
IMG_2021.JPEG

This was the CM who helped me. She was headed outside(bless her, in that heat)to show these guests were they were going b/c they had no clue.
IMG_2022.JPEG

B had bought a ring the day before & I was having trouble getting it separated from the card that it comes on. I had asked the CM who was helping me with the reservation if she had scissors so I could cut it off. She was so helpful!!
IMG_2023.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Self proclaimed. But anytime my mom does anything that could be misconstrued as favoritism to any of us we all start making claims/accusations. It's fun. 😁
We always did the same thing!! But sometimes I do wonder--my mom's pension had some clause in it where she could designate a beneficiary & they get a percentage(not sure how much b/c I'm not the privileged one reaping the benefits😂) of her pension for the rest of their life. Who's the beneficiary--not my dad, it's my youngest brother.:cautious: Supposedly, her rationale was b/c he is the youngest that he would/should get the most out of it. Makes perfect sense but.......kind of looks like favoritism to me!!:p
I'm really loving your TR!!! It's so great how your family get along so well that they want to travel together. :) I think I was finally able to connect all the relatives together through your family picture and commentary!🤣
Thank you very much!! It is a lot of fun!! I'm so glad to hear that--I thought I would have everyone confused forever!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JUNE 22ND

With everything finally squared away I caught up with the rest of the crew at Muddy Rivers. It was so nice to sit down for a few minutes!! I'm not sure what I ordered & I didn't take a picture or notes but they have a pretty good margarita there so that would be my guess.
IMG_2024.JPEG

The kids got out of the pool & roasted marshmallows. The Pirate game was on so we watched that for a bit. The announcers were talking about how the weather in Pittsburgh was beautiful right then. It was in the 70's & no humidity or rain--figures, when we're not there!!
IMG_2026.JPEG

IMG_2027.JPEG

We headed over to Boatwright's about 6:40.
IMG_2028.JPEG

I glanced over the menu while we waited.
IMG_2029.JPEG

J's still in his swimwear. E wanted to take him back to change him into regular clothes. His swimwear was dry & I told her why bother(esp. since their room was pretty far). A few days earlier E bought him new crocs. He kept refusing to wear them b/c he "didn't want to get them dirty." He finally gave in that day. I saw him yesterday & he was wearing them. I asked him if they got dirty yet & he said no:hilarious:
IMG_2031.JPEG

What to drink?
IMG_2036.JPEG

J wanted to try taking a selfie of the whole group. It was so cute!!
IMG_2038.JPEG

He got about half of us so that's not too bad!!
IMG_0113.JPG

E ended up having to help him.
IMG_0568.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JUNE 22ND

Someone at the next table offered to take some pictures for us.
IMG_0569.JPEG

IMG_0570.JPEG

R is wearing my readers. Every time we go to a restaurant he grabs mine b/c he always forgets his. Consequently, it usually takes me awhile to know what I want to eat then.
IMG_0573.JPEG

R & I both got the Magical Star Cocktail. I don't think I had one since the year before--I quickly remembered why. I didn't care for it that much.

J's eyeing the glow cubes!!
IMG_2039.JPEG

IMG_2040.JPEG

The cornbread is quite good!!
IMG_2044.JPEG

IMG_2045.JPEG

We had the same server that we had last year when we ate there. Very nice guy but he was never around. We kept saying the only time we saw him was when he was standing in front of the computer. Some things never change b/c he was doing the exact same thing a year later--we knew we were in for a long dinner!!
IMG_2046.JPEG

Some decor pictures
IMG_2047.JPEG

IMG_2048.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom