News Mickey and Friends Band-Tastic Cavalcade - July 18th - August 1st

Disney Analyst

Original Poster

For a very limited time this summer, Mickey Mouse and his friends are joining the world-famous Disneyland Band for special performances of “Mickey and Friends Band-Tastic Cavalcade.”

This delightful procession, featuring live music and a host of favorite Disney characters, takes place twice daily along the parade route at Disneyland park. The march steps off in grand style, complete with colorfully adorned Main Street, U.S.A. vehicles, and continues through the park with stops for special show moments where guests can dance and clap along with their fantastic friends.

Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will be there, along with Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto and a parade of rarely seen Disney characters. Some of the beloved Disney friends who could appear in the cavalcade from day to day may include Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Genie and Aladdin, King Louie, Terk, Marie and more. You never know who you might see!

“Mickey and Friends Band-Tastic Cavalcade” starts July 18 at Disneyland Park and only runs through August 1, so come and check it out while you have the chance. And be sure to mark your calendars for August 2 for the limited-time encore engagement of the one-and-only Main Street Electrical Parade!

brb1006

I love when Disney brings out rare characters for stuff like this. In fact, Disneyland's been giving a lot of love to lesser-known Disney characters since 2013 or 2014. I remember DCA used to have a "Dancing With Disney" dance party that featured various Disney characters that don't come out very often (Especially Clarice).

brb1006

Yeah, I am glad they are offering something during the weird summer parade downtime.
I agree, so far Summer 2019 hasn't been a good year for Disneyland in general. Hopefully this might make up for it, and I love anything involving the Disneyland Band in general.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

I agree, Summer 2019 hasn't been a good year for Disneyland in general. Hopefully this might make up for it, and I love anything involving the Disneyland Band in general.

SO GLAD DL is offering SOMETHING between Soundsational and MSEP!!!!! However, IDK why this can't stay with MSEP, DL can only handle 1 parade at a time?!?!?! Come On DL!!!

PiratesMansion

DL: Hey guys!!!!! We replaced our normal full parade with a calvacade and it's totally special and worth it and we're not cutting costs at all we swear!!!
**crickets***
DL: ....MSEP!!! MSEP!!! MSEP!!!

TP2000

Gotta save something for D23.

Micerat has a crazy yet believable member who hangs out with Disneyland managers in gay bars who buy rounds of shots and have told her the new parade is called Magic Happens, it's themed to Disney "magic" seen in animated motion pictures and features a lot of special effects and practical magic effects, is being built on the float chassis of the Soundsational parade (thus the weird parade schedule), and will debut in spring 2020.

Honestly, my favorite part of this whole thing is that it was spilled by drunk managers in a gay bar. That's just so... perfect.

Disneyland is having such an awesomely messy summer! Can we please remember the Summer of '19 and tell our grandkids about it?

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Micerat has a crazy yet believable member who hangs out with Disneyland managers in gay bars who buy rounds of shots and have told her the new parade is called Magic Happens, it's themed to Disney "magic" seen in animated motion pictures and features a lot of special effects and practical magic effects, is being built on the float chassis of the Soundsational parade (thus the weird parade schedule), and will debut in spring 2020.

Honestly, my favorite part of this whole thing is that it was spilled by drunk managers in a gay bar. That's just so... perfect.

Disneyland is having such an awesomely messy summer! Can we please remember the Summer of '19 and tell our grandkids about it?
Did this come from "Little Monster"? I was out of town last week and only went online 1-2 times a day, so never looked into 'little Monster". When he/she was being talked about on Fri, I thought that he/she was saying the parade wasn't coming.

We knew for a while that it could be Magic Happens in 2020 and this could be Soundsational's last year(I was actually wondering if the HIH float would stick around if Soundsational got into 2020)

NEVER EXPECTED that Soundsational's sudden closure would start my Vacation!!!! Rolls eyes!!!!!!

Darkbeer1

>>A new daytime parade for Disneyland has not been announced. reported that a new tentatively-titled Magic Happens daytime parade will debut at Disneyland in 2020.

The curiously timed Band-Tastic Cavalcade arrives at the peak of the summer season. The new mid-summer entertainment offering comes as Disneyland is experiencing some of the lightest crowds the park has seen in decades following the opening of the highly-anticipated Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Disneyland annual passholders with Deluxe, Southern California and Southern California Select passes will be blocked out during the brief run of Band-Tastic Cavalcade.<<

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
disneyland management: let's charge hundreds of dollars per person per day for admission
also disneyland: instead of a parade, let's send out some characters and the disneyland band and call it a day
🙄
disneyland guests deserve better than whatever this is.

I mean... not the end of the world if Soundsational has to go so they can build a new parade... I wish they could build a new parade while Soundsational operated, but I'm all for a gaggle of characters doing the charleston bahaha

VJ

I mean... not the end of the world if Soundsational has to go so they can build a new parade... I wish they could build a new parade while Soundsational operated, but I'm all for a gaggle of characters doing the charleston bahaha
that's the thing; they don't have to re-use chassis to build a new parade, they short-sightedly closed soundsational in the smack-dab middle of summer and now they expect disneyland guests to just deal with this tiny, cheap, crumb of a "cavalcade" as a replacement for a daily parade.

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
that's the thing; they don't have to re-use chassis to build a new parade, they short-sightedly closed soundsational in the smack-dab middle of summer and now they expect disneyland guests to just deal with this tiny, cheap, crumb of a "cavalcade" as a replacement for a daily parade.

I mean, when they built Soundsational it was widely distributed that the bases were designed to be reused from here on, so the parade had to end at some point to build a new one... It's been in the cards since Soundsational was built.

I mean, would be great if they had an alternate selection so they had no downtime between old parade and new... But that isn't realistic thinking for modern Disney...

TP2000

disneyland management: let's charge hundreds of dollars per person per day for admission
also disneyland: instead of a parade, let's send out some characters and the disneyland band and call it a day
disneyland guests deserve better than whatever this is.

Is that it? A rainy day cavalcade without the rain gear? Oh, dear. :oops:

I keep coming back to this theme, but this entire summer at Disneyland is just so messy and dumb.

jrhwdw

It doesn’t even go down Main St?
It goes the full parade route from what I saw on YT yesterday.

It's short but they called it a band calvacade. It has more characters than Mickey's band show from the Castle to the Train Station. I don't hate it or dislike it, they gave us what they called it. However, I don't see why this can't run the rest of the summer with MSEP?!?!?! I can't think of any reason they need to end it Aug 2nd!!!!!! I'm kind of hoping that the new parade is bumped up to January, since Soundsational HAD TO END on DL's Birthday!!!!!! I'm sorry, but that's half a year! MK needed only 2 months to use something for CADCT to use in FOF. Rollseyes!!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom